[Suggestion] Some faults with Base Structures

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MichaelMoen, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MichaelMoen

Enemy infantry can walk through the shields of a shielded Garage. We used to use those as Base Gates, defeats the purpose when they can just walk and shoot right though it.

I got farmed by someone who managed to get to my Spawn Pod and stood inside it with their charged knife. Had to use a Heavy Assault's bonus shield to survive the first hit and my Jackhammer to get him out, and it still took me two lives.
  2. Demigan

Build garage.
    Place repair module inside=invulnerable garage.
    Place shield module inside=invulnerable, now impassable shield.
    Anything inside, including the modules, are now 100% invulnerable until energy runs out.

Thats why the shield is passable for infantry. It provides protection and forces infantry inside, but its not an instant super-invulnerable structure. Imagine if it was, then two players would be able to build bases that can only be defeated by drying them out of cortium. Player 1 places the silo and repair+shield modules inside a garage, player 2 places his garage with a HIVE/orbital strike+spawntube+any extra modules inside. Even if the enemy manages to wipe out the entire rest of the base they would have to wait for energy to run out before they could get in.