Some directives stuff from Higby Pls.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ribero, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Ribero

Imgur Gallery with a small number of Screenies here. Apologies for any blurriness or low quality.

Sorry in advance for a wall of text post.

Note that it's all a work in progress and things may change between now and release.

Gallery should* show:

Auraxium Tier weapons.
    - "Beetle Juice" Orion VS54
    - "T9-A Butcher" T9-CARV
    - "Gauss Prime" NC1-Gauss Rifle

Early example of Class Directives (Medic)

Early example of Weapon Directive (Carbine)

*I say should, because I'm not very internet savvy, so I likely messed up the image hosting.

-

You can't really tell from the images, but the strange coloured parts on the weapons actually change colour, using some kind of shader. (I'm sure someone will link a video showing it in progress soon). The Gauss Prime for example, morphs between that strange orange colour, and a dark shade of blue.

As far as I could tell, those weapons will be earned by achieving a yet to be determined objective. It will likely be something like "Auraxium 5 NC Assault Rifles" to unlock the Gauss Prime.

I think they said Directive Unlocks would be account wide, in the same way empire specific weapons bought with SC are, though I was busy feeding my cat at this point, so I missed it. Someone can probably correct me on this.

The Auraxium Weapons all have Fixed attachments. That is to say, they cannot be changed or chosen.

-The Gauss Prime for example, has a 3.4x Optic, HVA and possibly a Foregrip.
    -The T9-A Butcher will come with a compensator amongst other things.
    -The Beetlejuice will have an Extended Magazine amongst other things.

The weapons will also have drawbacks, though I didn't catch much of what was said about this. I know it was mentioned that the Beetlejuice would have a longer than normal reload, as is expected of a larger magazine, as an example though.

They will likely be awarded retroactively.

Currently they're working on Auraxium Weapons for the Default LMGs, Carbines, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Battle Rifles, Pistols and Tier-1 SMGs.

-

As it stands, the "Directives points" which are awarded for completing individual Directives are just for ****** purposes. There'll probably be a global and server leaderboard, for people to compare on.

It was shown that Decals may also be awarded for completing Auraxium Tier Directives, though what they look like, I don't know, he just had placeholder art there.

-

If there's any erroneous information in here, and there'll likely be lots, please post a correction. I'm not looking to misinform folk.
    • Up x 2
  2. DJPenguin

Having auraxiumed every LA primary currently available I'm really interested to know what Über reward awaits. I'd like to see some form of cosmetic for dedicated class players.

As a Q to the devs, will every stat that is being tracked be retroactive? Obviously you'll need to do it with auraxium weapons and things that can only be done once but will there be something new that we couldn't have otherwise done?
  3. Ribero

More expansive gallery here, courtesy of Reddit user [BRIT]/[INI] Flying_Ferret.

Should give a better idea of the colour changing.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

Knowing the VS naming conventions, it's probably "Betelgeuse."
    • Up x 3
  5. Ribero

Yeah, you're right.

And now that you mention it, I think I saw that name mentioned in a Higby Tweet not long ago. Guess the way he pronounced it in Stream is what threw me off.

-

Found it, "Betelgeuse 54-A" was the name.

And it's "NC1A Gauss Prime" in the full.
  6. DJStacy

After reaching BR 100 and having pools of certs laying around for new weapons and vehicles, this will be a nice idea.

I just work my way through the Auraxiums because you have to change your play style for each weapon slightly so makes it kinda fun.

Got 11 working on my 12 Auraxium now, just got one more carbine to go. Tho I would have to start on the HA and Medic guns then which will be difficult because I dont like playing HA.
  7. Aegis Titan

I like this and hope it's still planned for july, seems like they've done quite a bit of work already. Also hope they implement a way to see the new ribbons with this update.
  8. GeneralPeragorn

Should be really neat. Really looking forward to it
    • Up x 1