[Suggestion] Solving the issue to rocket primaries, Weapon sling?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilWarLord, Nov 26, 2015.

1. EvilWarLord

If the user is too close and fires off a rocket, he kills him self and is denied the kill simply cause the player had no dignity to kill said target with is side arm or Primary fire arm.

The Weapon sling certification is Suit utility that grants the User an 10% weapon swapping speed.
    • Up x 1
  2. DarkStarII

3. Lection

This... this actually could be different and useful. Wish i thought of this first...:(

u deserve a cookie though.

*P.S: couldn't put cookie through screen so take this thumbs up instead.*
    • Up x 1
  4. EvilWarLord

Although i eat all the Cookies we buy from Cost Co i'll take the Thumbs up.
  5. Jubikus

A weapon sling? i dont know such technology might be too advanced for planetside. Vanu only maby?
  6. FieldMarshall

Alternatives to use in the RL slot could also decrease RL primary usage.
    Like giving HAs the option to put the ES HA weapon in the RL slot. More faction flavor and less RL primaries.
    Or giving HAs the archer in the RL slot. Less MAXes and RL primaries at the same time, win/win.
    Or moving the C4 to the RL slot.
    A more controversial thing would be to move the HA shield to the RL slot, and make people choose.
    Or maybe even let people use a second suit slot instead of a RL (or shield)

Just tossing around ideas.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I've suggsted in previous posts that the overshield comes from a generator you can equip in your tool slot as an alternative to medkits. So, one or the other but not both. Similar to the way that LA have to choose between C4 or medkit. Not a solution that will be enough for all the HA OP complainers but at least you get away from the shielded HA popping medkits thing - which also gets a few complaints.
  8. Lord_Avatar

What issue of rocket primaries? This thing again? Sheesh...
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

I don't know what we're trying to accomplish in this thread.
    • Up x 1
  10. DooDooBreff

there is no problem with rocket primary..... i play everyday (emerald) and have never thought "man theres too many rockets flying around" also if im going for that peice of armor and you pop up, im not going to switch to something so you dont get your panties in a bunch. still doesnt mean i rocket primary. you are booty bruised primary

soon there will be complaint threads about "when will something be done about primary primarying?"
  11. Taemien

Drop Decimator and ES lockon damage in half. Decrease vehicle resistance to those weapons to account so they take the same damage they do now.

Now players must choose the Default launcher (which is rated as AI/AV) to rocket Primary and have to choose between rockets.
  12. ronjahn

There's an issue with Dumbfires? Coulda fooled me.

Thought those issues were resolved when they nerfed all rockets and made it so splash damage doesn't kill people?

Leave rockets alone; they certainly don't need another nerf.
  13. Taemien

I said to leave the default one alone. Let it be the goto for rocket primary instead of the Deci being the straight upgrade for that sort of thing.
  14. Crayv

Deci is already a downgrade for that sort of thing: less splash damage and slower projectile. Sure the direct hit damage is higher but since flak armor decreases direct hit damage now as well it has no benefit over the others.
  15. Taemien

Except that it can be used for both infantry and devastating hits to vehicles. That's its strength. Its not better or worse than the default for AI attacks. But it does allow one to gib tanks and vehicles a bit better in short range. You can't honestly tell me in the heat of a battle you brought a Shrike, or its equivalent over a Deci.

The idea is to allow HA's a choice without getting rid of AI use entirely.
  16. ronjahn

I wasn't commenting on any specific idea in the responses to the thread, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to defend your idea(it's not a terrible idea btw).

I was commenting on the ridiculous notion that Rocket Launchers have an issue and need to be nerfed after already being nerfed thoroughly in the past.