Solo Lib Montage (Again) - We are Kings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xxNinjaPowersxx, May 14, 2014.

1. ohmikkie

Totally agreed especially with the lack of sound. I have no problems with the weapons. The problem for me is anytime I'm owned by a lib there was no clue that one was there to begin with.
    • Up x 1
  2. FaLI3N

I agreed with most of what you said until you started talking about how the tank shell resist buff wasn't huge and how everyone was just complaining over nothing. It removed spike damage from you and took away a skilled tanker's fighting chance. You then continued on about how they should keep the dalton resistance because you specifically want it and previously you complained about not being able to 2 shot libs in your solo lib. I find this extremely hypocritical considering just earlier in this post you were talking about how solo libbing takes skill and practice to do and yet all the tankers skill in shooting the farmers down is now being rewarded with instant death.

Before I could easily pick the terrible libs from the sky and either scare away or put the better ones in a really bad situation if anything else was to come along and engage them, if not kill them as well. This wasn't easy and it took a lot of practice, especially with FPC yet now all that is for naught because even the most terrible of pilots can out-dps me and just hover in front of an AV cannon laughing. Tankers are frustrated for a reason, the buff and its flow-on effect almost entirely removed playstyle options because now everyone needs 2-3 skyguards trailing them at all times and the sheer number of them getting around makes sneaking about a lot harder.

Tanks have been nerfed in nearly every game update since launch and this buff to libs was just a slap in the face. All it did was piss off a bunch of people who were already at the end of their ropes after constantly being shut out of fights and denied a real purpose in the game and then the one playstyle the better tankers gravitated towards to be effective was made frustratingly pointless. Air needs to have more restrictions and it's weapons need to be less diverse. Nothing on the ground nearly compares to the rocketpods or shredder in terms of versatility and it does not take someone who has spent days worth of time in a specific vehicle in order to counter us.
  3. Danath

Because I like discussing? :D
  4. xThundergodx

My problem with the liberator is shown on your video when you take down those 2 skyguards. The skyguard gives up everything to be a dedicated AA plataform and is vunerable to any tank or infantry that crosses its path, while the liberator holds the ability to fight of all targets, but all it takes for a lib to beat a skyguard in a 1 on 1 fight is fly straight at it and use the main gun or even just hover above one and take it down wieh dalton shots.

There is no skill involved in beating 1 skyguard with should be the ground nemesis of libs/esfs, all the lib crew has to do is find the skyguard and force the fight into a head on engagement, the lib can sustain a lot more damage and dish damage faster than a skyguard could ever hope to, so it always turns into a win for the lib out of pure endurance and thats just wrong. On the event that you are facing more than 1 skyguard, it is all about using terrain to get the drop on them and get rid of 1 of them before you take heavy fire. It is ridiculous that to be on the same side against 1 lib you need to have at least 3 skyguards to make sure that the lib cant surprise attack and kill 1 and get away with it.
  5. Shinn

On the Skyguards : the Lib pilot did have a definite positioning advantage there; coming up behind them and on a mountainside road so that he knows where they're likely to be before he starts his run. Of course that is one of the major advantages of a Lib : being able to dictate the terms of a battle so much of the time.

I can certainly sympathise with the Skyguards though - I think that video's in realtime (?) which means TTKs of around 1 second each (you can see the first poor guy doesn't even get his turret cranked round before exploding XD). Seems like the 2nd Skyguard does get a decent number of rounds off, seemingly taking the Lib down to 50% health; but that's pretty meaningless at the end of the day you've swapped 2 dead Skyguards for the Lib having a little less time over target due to having to repair.
    • Up x 1
  6. z1967

I think part of that might have come from the Vanguard parked on the road. I wasn't paying too much attention to that bit there to tell.
  7. Shinn

Yeah it kinda looks like the Vanguard missed with his first shot at least, but could be. Anyone care to estimate a TTK for one Skyguard firing on a fully certed Lib at that kind of range? I'm assuming most (if not all) of his shots would have been on target at that range?
  8. z1967

It is approximately 128 shots not assuming composite armor because I hate doing more math than I have to.
  9. Kunavi

Now do it with the Duster. THEN I'll trust your opinion...

:p

Edit : ....And the Spur, TB too mainstream!
  10. z1967

Spur, Duster, Drake

Masochist mode: Activated
    • Up x 1
  11. Kunavi

I'll relate this story any chance I get, of how bad the Duster is... Dumping it on ground forces, missing all ~20 soldiers gloriously, managed to hit an ESF I barely even saw for like 1" whizzing by and which certainly did not fly below us. And we weren't flying high either, because... Duster.

The Spur, I'll try when the whole front of the Lib is glass or when they give us a full spin cam view for it, to pepper ground with as we should.
  12. Shinn

So with fully certed composite that would be 197 rounds, right? (197 x 35% resist = 69. 197 less 69 = 128 base)

Game says Skyguard is 480 rpm which is 8 rounds per second, 70 rounds per clip, 2.5 second reload fully certed (?).

So if a Skyguard hits with all its rounds, it'll take it a full 30 seconds to kill a Lib (incl 2 reloads), that's without fire extinguisher.

Hmm, don't think I'll bother certing into a Skyguard afterall XD.
  13. z1967

Well, unless you want to learn to fly you kinda have to apparently :|
  14. xxNinjaPowersxx

Then they are doing it wrong or its gonna happen. Not my fault you ignored any other ESF around (if there were any) and got killed when running away. And its not a problem the player is getting shot down. The enemy ESF was smart enough to wait for the guy to get hit by flak and then pick up the easy kill. But did we ever say anything about other ESF in the first place? Nope. And if I got hit by flak (In a Lib) and got half or lower I would probably die to an ESF as well.
  15. xxNinjaPowersxx

English? lol Sorry having a hard time understanding :p
  16. xxNinjaPowersxx

Its all in the setup, have to setup your Dalton shots smartly and steadily or die/hit the ground which I do sometimes when I'm close the ground lol. Glad to see someone appreciating the video unlike most of the other guys.....
  17. xxNinjaPowersxx

Agreed
  18. xxNinjaPowersxx

Killing a Lib with flak is not your goal or you have been deceived. You should NOT be thinking about all out killing a lib but getting it to fly away for little bit or maybe even completely. If you get a Lib at half with your Skyguard you did your job. He will run away (unless he is brave :p) and be a VERY easy kill for an ESF or Lib.
  19. xxNinjaPowersxx

nope let the other good pilots do it.
  20. xxNinjaPowersxx

Also have a comment for everyone complaining. Please enjoy the video. There are MANY other forums out there to complain and cry. Please don't do it here this was not the point if the video. It was to entertain you not to show 'OMG LIB OP AGAINST FARMING' when I didn't show any farming this video. Please just go find another forum that cares. And I still hope you enjoyed the vid :p