Softpoint Ammo

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Thrustin, May 17, 2013.

1. Thrustin

Last I heard (few month back), it was suppose to be useless. Now I see increasingly more people mention it when stating their loadouts. What is your opinion on it?

I use mostly the Lynx or the Jaguar, depending on the engangement range. The description on the softpoint ammo is rather vague, can someone explain to me what it exactly does?
  2. sindz

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ts-of-the-new-cyclone-smg.88773/#post-1204949

"To clarify soft point ammo, it doesn't reduce your min damage. The only negative is a reduction in bullet speed. The positive is extended range before it takes one more bullet to kill (also slightly more damage at medium range, but the one less bullet to kill is the main feature). How far it extends that range is going to change based on the weapon."

The problem with SPA is that no one got any numbers that shows how much bullet velocity is lowered, whether its a flat % reduction or a fixed number. Or how far it extends the range for any given weapon. Its put on and pray it works well for your gun.

But for CQC weapons like SMG's and the CQC carbines like you have listed, Id still equip SPA since you won't be doing any long range engagements where bullet velocity is crucial. And id also equip SPA on the high ROF assault rifles that are used for CQC to medium.
    • Up x 1
  3. Llaf

AFAIK, it extends the minimum range at which your shots will do maximum damage by 10 meters, slightly increases your damage below 10 meters(don't quote me on that), and slows down your projectile velocity. I couldn't give you numbers, but this is what I understand it does, I could be wrong.