SOE's Policy on Unofficial Forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Verviedi

I am working on an unofficial forum for Planetside 2 devoted to the discussion of vehicles.
    I was wondering two things.
    1. Would this get me in trouble with SOE
    2. Would you guys want to use it?
    • Up x 2
  2. DFDelta

I'd at least read it.

Would still prefer a return of the vehicle subforum in here.
    • Up x 4
  3. DatVanuMan

Well, as long as you remember that we soldiers are the sole master race, then sure...
    You may discuss your petty disadvantages under appropriate supervision:p
    • Up x 1
  4. Brahma2

You aren't my most trusted poster of vehicle related issues... so probably not?
  5. DatVanuMan

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Verviedi

Dot. Dot. Dot. Dot. Dot.
    My only negative opinion about Vehicles is the TB. Everything else, ESPECIALLY HEAT, needs a massive buff.
  7. Verviedi

Alright, here's the current WIP state of the forum.
    It's not much. At least it has sections and things.
    http://ps2vehicles.forumotion.com

I still need some Moderators. I'll probably ask some of the more elite vehicle forum users if they like the idea.
    • Up x 1
  8. DFDelta

Same suggestion I made in the formerly stickied forum thread.

Pobably split vehicles it up into:
    Light vehicles (Flash, Harasser, ES-Buggies?)
    Heavy vehicles (Lightning, MBT, Sundy)
    Aircrafts (Valk, ESF, Lib, Gal)

Personaly I think it would make sense to seperate them into soft vehicles and armored ones, but then again I'm known to think in strange ways. :D
    • Up x 1
  9. DatVanuMan

BRO, it looks freaking sick. You made the site yourself? Because if so, someone must have been taking his digital lessonso_O
  10. Brahma2

I dunno man. Usually these types of things fall apart because someone in charge isn't unbiased, and does an even worse job than SOE did on our forums... I hope you wouldn't do that.
  11. Leonard DeVir

I'd really like this, but I suggest two things:

1) You, as admin, mustn't moderate the forum. Leave it to the mods
    2) Mods should consist of veteran vehicle users and casual/non vehicle users alike.

Only this way you can be sure that you actually discuss vehicle topics with arguments, rather than with bias from the vehicle users with a postition of power. I know, personal opinion shouldn't interfere with forum duties, but we all know they do.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

1. uhm, of course not.
    2. eh. Depends on quality/community. Given known history with unofficial forums I'd say unlikely
  13. Verviedi

I'll appoint some mods, and post as a normal user while adding stuff to the forum. Being the sole powerful person would ruin the community.
  14. Zeppelin123

Why was the vehicle forum removed in the first place ?
  15. Verviedi

Infantry whined.
  16. Zeppelin123

I play mostly infantry but that was the place to inform myself when tinkering with vehicles :(
    • Up x 1
  17. Alarox

I'll use it and see how it goes.
    • Up x 1
  18. dstock

Please tell SOE. They're convinced players like you don't exist, and that the Vehicle forum was just a circle-J of negativity for all involved.

I mean, they're close, ..., but clearly, you do exist. :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Verviedi

Forum is set up. Feel free to begin posting.
    • Up x 1
  20. BiggggBRIM

I don't see how it would get you into trouble. Its not like you're charging people to post there, so there shouldn't be any issue.
    • Up x 1