[BUG] [SOE] Wreckage... & Bullets...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JokeForgrim, Jan 2, 2014.

1. JokeForgrim

It seems the shell of a vehicle weighs infinity.

I have been killed after destroying a tank with my tank, when it magically flipped into the air and landed on top of my tank causing instant damage = to enemy spawn room damage. My tank was pinned as I tried to reverse and then exploded 1 second later.

My Galaxy/Libs/ESF have destroyed enemy ESF then had the wreckage clip and drag it down to the ground whilst doing heaps of collision damage per second. That makes no sense... the rubble of an ESF that can easily be rammed to death, can then drag a galaxy to the ground under its seemingly infinite weight once its dead.

The best one is running along as infantry and getting crushed by random air wreckage, Its rare but damn is it annoying.

I remember 6 months ago when they added bullets persisting after death (lag trade's engage lol) and vehicles causing wreckage (remember when grenades wouldn't explode or despawn and neither would wreckage? it looked like a lagged out wasteland for those 24 hours) did anyone actually want these changes?

I play on server with low ping so bullets not persisting didn't bother me, and I always hated wreckage in bf3 so I didn't want it. It just clutters the map while waiting for the despawn, and clogs up vehicle paths. Not to mention the unforseen consequences, ie. All Debris weighing the same ammount.

This is the one patch I would happily see go, Not only for the annoying side effects but just gameplay exp in general. Just wondering if anyone else has some funny war stories or opinions to share on these subjects?
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

Debris OP, plz nerf.
  3. Zorro

It is mostly a problem of the wonky physics model. If it was more realistic, most of these bugs would be solved.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheFamilyGhost

Variability and more stuff is good.

So ya get crushed once in a while. Put your rage back in your pants and deal with it.
  5. Bananathug

I ran over the exploded corspe of a lightning the other day, with my own lightning.

The enemy lightning died about a good 5 seconds prior to me running over it, and all of a sudden i just explode and die.
    • Up x 1
  6. JokeForgrim

That was my thoughts. When I read about it in the patch notes I thought "awesome! can't wait to see how cool this looks on the ps2 engine!" seeing it implemented on the other hand seems really haphazard. It seems like all debris weighs the same amount, I have seen an exploded flash do crushing damage to a sunderer before despawning. That seems like a really lazy band-aid, not coding objects uniquely.

Wow, thats a good one :D Was it a suicide or did the other guy get the kill?

There was no rage here brother, I am using the forums for what they are for. Im reporting and discussing a persistent bug in hopes that the dev team will see it and do something about it (without me having to join tweeter)...

in short, or maybe "Debris OP, Plz fix" also... let laggers suffer.
    • Up x 1
  7. Astriania

Debris is a great idea and makes a lot of sense. However it should have, at most, the ram class and mass of the thing it was before it exploded - so an ESF debris should be able to take down another ESF but not a lib or galaxy.

I suspect this is an emergent feature of PS2's slightly crazy physics so it might be hard to fix, but it definitely should be less damaging than it is just now.
    • Up x 2
  8. Koldorn

When a vehicle is destroyed; the nanites that comprise said former vehicle trigger a deconstruct command. Hence, the wreckage "disappears" after some delay after a vehicle's destruction.

When a piece of wreckage gets lodged in your vehicle; the "Deconstruct" command spreads through the nanites of the other machine, into yours. Upon receiving this command code; your vehicle destabilizes, usually discharging whatever power is left in the system (often this violently kills the operator & passengers), and begins deconstructing itself. Much like a fast-acting flesh eating virus plague for people. NS has hidden and protected this code since their company was founded. I mean really; they'd be out of business in a heartbeat if anyone else ever got their hands on it. It has been reported to their public relations office; and bets are still standing that it will be listed under the features section of their brochure before long.

-------------------------------------------------------
    In short; Nanites.
    • Up x 4
  9. JokeForgrim

LOL very sciuntific.

[IMG]
  10. KnightCole

Ive rammed into poles and had my Vanguard explode. I have driven over uneven ground and had my Vanguard explode. I got tapped by a Sundy and my Prowler exploded.

I did however ram a ESF with my Sundy and killed the ESF while taking no damage and getting a ram bonus. Ive also done hte same in my Vanguard to flashes. Ive had Lightning wrecks touch my tank and not kill me, but do some crazy amounts of damage before i backed up.

Yeah, I still want that Debris launcher...no more running from Libbys ever again!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Pie Chasm

Yeah... I've had a friendly sunderer explode 20 meters from my fully armored sunderer and have a tiny piece destroy it from full health instantly.

Same thing happened to my mag/prowler/van..

It's silly and I think it's tied with the increase to damage from gravity change.
    • Up x 1