SOE The new C4 is cute but too visible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Devrailis

I just had a discussion with a VS LA in Allatum. Sorry buddy, I forgot your name but you were pretty good.

He was attempting to bait me into some C4, and it might have worked. The floor texture of the Biolab blends fairly well with C4 on low quality settings. But, it didn't work because:

The new C4 is as obvious as a lava lamp in a white room.

And I get that you're adding something cute for the holiday season. The first time I saw the little bright white package blow confetti (and 3 NC MAXes) into the air, I couldn't help but crack a smile.

But after my discussion with Mr. VS LA, we both agreed that the new C4 makes life rather difficult for people who want to use it as a bait and trap tool.

Just something to consider. At the moment, C4 is waaaaay too obvious to spot.
    • Up x 1
  2. Angry Scientist

You mean the red light didn't give it away for you before?
  3. grazr

Besides the fact that Tank Mines don't work, i prefer C4 to them because they're easier to hide and usaully bypass directional armour.

But yesterday after trying to bait a magrider, granted they have a better view of the ground, but it shot my C4 with it's main cannon from like 50m away.
  4. Gnomemercy

Bah humbug, embrace the Spirit of christmas!
  5. Devrailis

The red light is pretty obvious, but you don't even need to see it now. That LA had the C4 hidden around a corner and I spotted the C4 well before the light appeared.

See, if they had given the LAs a Raindeer camo, I would have been okay with them spreading "Gifts" in the name of St. Vanoo to all the little NC and TR girls and boys.
  6. Gnomemercy

Or a Reindeer helmet
    • Up x 1