SOE, Miller and hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hatamoto, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Hatamoto

Just in case you wanted to know SOE there are currently a bunch of TR players using aimbots on Indar ... reported what i could find, disconnected shortly afterwards in boredome.
  2. Crashsplash

GM's for Miller are provided by PRO7
  3. FieldMarshall

= Not provided
    • Up x 4
  4. janeTEXAS

PRO7 does not provide GMs.
  5. Scatterblak

They're on Watterson as well. New aimbot came out today, and most are using it just to adjust their CoF down to 0, and highlight enemies (they aim themselves). It's just enough to give them a critical edge without being so clearly blatant that that you can call them on it.

Here's something for the boneheads who don't think there's much cheating happening:

*Edited to remove image*

...I keep track of when the new crap comes out, so I can skip playing for a few days. SOE knows when it goes down - you'll see a stealth update in the next few days that will break the bot. It'll probably include a new helmet or something as well. :\
    • Up x 10
  6. Hiding in VR

Thats a depressing picture :( Dang parasites. I wonder how much time SOE has to spend coding against this stuff?
  7. PurpleOtter

Thank you Scatterblak. Warning email sent to outfit...
  8. Scatterblak

There are plenty more, unfortunately. I've watched this kind of stuff since Quakeworld came out - I even helped build a secure Team Fortress network where the servers rotated passwords every 30 seconds and you had to be a member to play (back before valve bought them - it was just Robin Walker and John Cook). Here's an ancient reference to it from 1997:

http://barad-dur.mordor.ch/1997/GAMES/TF/guild.html

...before cheating basically killed the game (it's something quite different now that Valve owns it, and it has Punkbuster now, so there are WAYYY fewer cheaters). Here's where it was going because the cheating couldn't be stopped:

http://thefort2.net/It-was-the-best-of-times-it-was

There are cheaters in PS2. Unlike a lot of others who post figures, I just don't have any to post, but it seems like just about everyone who's played a significant amount of time has come across one. With the new cheats, people will adjust their CoF and recoil, maybe use esp to see where the enemy is, and still do their own shooting - when all they're doing is augmenting their situational awareness, they gain a significant advantage without clearly giving themselves away. This isn't a theory based on sour grapes, it's something I've seen discussed in various forums. The topic of how to cheat without getting caught is one of their primary considerations.

I suspect, from things I read, that the next generation of bots will have a variable amount of accuracy that allows the user to stay close to a certain K/D, thus making it even harder to identify them.

If SOE doesn't address this issue from the client side eventually, the game could fold, or just become the haven for the hackers as all of the real players leave for greener pastures. I watched it happen with Team Fortress. So far, though, their answer has been to pretend it isn't happening (or that it's barely happening), PR spin (with '/report') and deleting forum posts they don't agree with.

I figure this one will be gone pretty quickly. :\
    • Up x 4
  9. Midnightmare

So im gonna point this out again!

SOE should just ban by stat checking.........i mean how hard can that be to program in to the game.

Seeing as SOE is very proud about all the stats tracking.....im fairly sure that +400 headshots an hour just isent possible.

you dont even need GM's for that........
    • Up x 1
  10. Scatterblak

...well, they edited out my image. No surprise there, even tho there was nothing in it that violated any ToS or anything. Oh well -- good luck keeping yourselves informed while the High Command works hard to keep you in the dark. If anyone wants to see the image, pm me and I'll send you a link. It lives on one of my servers, where the Powers the Be can't remove it.
    • Up x 2
  11. p10k56

Ah Miller + TR + Hacks why I'am not surprised. For sake of all pagan gods run from this server or become TR.
  12. Rean

you meant NC.
    every single hacker in ESF i have ever encountered was NC. not a single VS.
    not sure about infantry hacks but i bet its mostly NC too.
    • Up x 2
  13. p10k56

On Miller I have VS alt and avoid TR as leprotics.
    On cobalt I have NC alt and still rather fight VS than TR.
    On Woodman I have TR main and avoid VS.
    That 2 to 1 in favor to avoid TR.
  14. Goretzu

If you play TR you don't notice TR blatent-hackers (and no way you notice subtle hackers on the same faction)...... same for every faction, you only notice the other factions ones most of the time.

Saw some very strange VS air stuff the night be for last though.
  15. Rean

well i said nothing about TR not hacking because yeah, i cant see it because i am not on the receiving end.
    out of NC and VS though, NC is clear winner in amount of hackers for me.
  16. Goretzu

There's a lot of this going on.

ESP by itself give a massive in-game advantage, never mind needing to enhance other stuff (although plenty do).
  17. p10k56

After last patch this means 9th of this month at least on woodman I see haxor free server. It was probably best few hours in my planetside experience ever. Funny was when some Br 100 discovers the beauty of burst fire on 50+ meters.
    Still must say it is now slightly better then two months ago when I give myself a pause.
  18. Slandebande

Yesterday I ate steak, the day before that I ate fish, but today I'm eating steak. That is 2 to 1 in favor of steak!
    • Up x 1
  19. Villanuk

I have seen more hacking than ever of late, more so since they removed the NW head shot protection, so aim bots are certainly worth more than ever.

SOE, it would be nice to install some confidence in the community that you acknowledge our concerns and you are looking into resolving this ever growing problem.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tonberry76

yesterday i saw a new kind of hack i no about aim hack and shoot true walls and enything els

but this Vs player can jump hack i was killt by him and was transported far away from the place where they all fight
    i just wanne run back there and boom he killt me again o_O

then i read YELL chat that more pll saw him jump hacking
    i think this is fun if he can jump everywhere in the area and kill all players -.-