SOE Maintenance and Game Update Notice: October 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnerys Moderator

[IMG]

We will perform account and commerce maintenance beginning at 6:00 AM PDT* on Wednesday, October 8, 2014.

This will impact the following SOE services:
    • Account management
    • Commerce functions, including purchases
    • Game, web and forum logins
    *Convert to your local time

Thanks for your patience,
    ~ The SOE Community Team

Edit: We'll also be performing a Game Update for PlanetSide 2 at this time. Be sure to see the notes in the Update Notes section!
  2. Badname406

what about fixing bugs and constant crashing ehh?
    • Up x 2
  3. Bruhja

And CPU hitching
    • Up x 5
  4. DatVanuMan

Please devs, fix the hitching! I BEG OF YOU! D:>
  5. cruczi

Yes, what about them? This announcement has to do with service maintenance across all SOE games. It has nothing to do with Planetside 2 in particular. If you want to complain about in-game issues, create another thread among the boatloads of similar threads in Gameplay Discussion.
    • Up x 3
  6. cruczi

Didn't they just patch the game executable earlier today?
    • Up x 1
  7. SuperMinghaha

Making $$ is top priority. Without $$ to pay their employees, who else would come to fix these bugs, hmmm~~:D
  8. Galen Diettinger

Yes, the patch today was focused on fixing the 'hitching' problem. Apparently some of those responding on this thread didn't get the news.
  9. Badname406

or there was no change at all
    • Up x 1
  10. Badname406

how they expect to make money if their games wont even work correctly, on my case i keep crashing like every five or ten mins top.
    and planetsite 2 is the only game such thing happens, should they fix it ill be more than happy to put some money into it
  11. RyanHotPotato

This is kind of a joke. I mean, this is a free to play game, smooth service is the No. 1 priority of games like these and it's been utterly unplayable for hundreds of people for 5 days now. I mean, I'm never EVER going to give you a cent after this,. Not because the game broke, that happens, but because of how inexcusably long it's taking to fix.

I'm, sure there's a reason you can do this, but have you thought about rolling back the patch until you find the problem? Unless, of course, you don't QA these things because WE ARE your QA team.
  12. AdmiralArcher

SOE maintence and the PS2 dev team are not the same people, the problem is in the coding, not the hardware
    • Up x 2
  13. BeingBe

But on a related note: The PS2 dev team released a client-side patch today, which is supposed to fix the hitching.
  14. DatVanuMan

Still having problems, man. The hitching is far too noticeable.
  15. Anti-Skub

You know, it's comments like yours that make game developers not want to interact with their community. Why don't you send them emails complaining that the janitor isn't doing anything about hit detection and the head of human resources hasn't fixed any bugs at all?
  16. Legend-

No it didn't, the hitching is even worse now.
  17. Carnage

• Up x 2
  18. NC_agent00kevin

Hit detection is broken too. Badly broken.
    • Up x 2
  19. Liquidrider

Hit detection is the worst I've seen it, in the 2 years I've played this game.
    • Up x 1
  20. kritzcake

Devs, could you nerf explosion screen shake in the next patch? It's unbearable while fighting ground or air alike.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.