@ SOE: Kinetic Armor

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Discopotato, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Discopotato

I have been reading and re-reading this cert every time I check my MAX page.

What interest me is the particular working

"Provides an additional 5% resistance to light arms Defense.. Etc"

AT a glance it seems like it reduces damage by an additional 5%.

HOWEVER when you read the flak armor description it's worded entirely different.

Stating
    "Reduces damage from explosions by X%"

So what are we really saying here?

Do maxes have an "armor" rating that is increased by 5% or is the damage taken from small arms decreased by 5%?
  2. MortarionX

Im pretty sure 5% less damage from small arms. But 5% is pretty laughableso if you were thinking about getting it, don't bother.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shahnaz

Some upgrades are really laughable.

MAX upgrades are exactly that.
    • Up x 2
  4. Discopotato

So far.. spawn timer seems to be the only worthwhile one.. even that is only worth so up until halfway.
  5. oherror

The flak armor upgrade seems the best bet since it buffs you alot better verse rockets and stuff....Looking at you rocket pod esf....
  6. Discopotato

Any dev's allowed to clarify on this?
  7. AxelDi

I'm mostly killed by rocket pods or HA rockets. If I'm covering air as a dual burster I may take a Dalton round to the face. The flak upgrade helps me quite a bit.

Although I think the tooltip is wrong. I remember at level 1 it was +3% resistance, but the cert destription says +5% (up to +25%). I assume the actual value is +15% as it's reading in-game.
  8. Discopotato

Please someone clarify!
  9. Bloodburn

over 1000 certs to get only a 5% damage reduction is bad.

for every 100 damage you take 5 is ignored, for a max that is insanely ridiculous.

100 certs just for 1%. so 1 out of every 100 damage is absorbed? that is not worth 100 certs at all.
    • Up x 1
  10. UKAvenger

If it is a damage reduction, yes its absurd. I think someones been playing too much EVE Online and has setup some of these certs like that games skills...

Was a higher % in beta so they have consciously reduced it. There was a time before they beefed up MAX units in beta that i had this at lvl3 (it was not displaying stats so unknown % resist). I did feel it made a difference. After they upped MAX hp or whatever, i noticed no real effect so i swapped to the regen.

I seriously dont understand some of these certs, are they for die hard people in that class or perhaps for people years down the line who somehow have nothing more to spend CP on. The cost of a lot of stuff now basically means ill probably not cert it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cryptek

get regeneration, it's the only good suit slot for the MAX
  12. UberBonisseur

If you are playing without any Engineer as MAX, you are doing it wrong.