SOE I waited 5 months to buy VS MAX weapons: Then you ninja nerf it after 24 hours!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

That was part of the Intel Brief they had released. Nice to see they fooled one of the Dev team into getting the Cosmos as well :p
  2. tenzenator

this game is dying, with speed of light
  3. Quiiliitiila

JEEEEEEZ
    GIVE ME MAH ACCURACY BACK! Take away the extra damage and give me accuracy back, that's what the VS is all about right?

The Cosmos has less accuracy than the Nebula, which is supposed to be our CQC, spray and pray...
    • Up x 1
  4. Giggily

There is a more accurate gun than the Cosmos that deals less damage. It's called the Blueshift, and has the same exact accuracy stats that the Cosmos had since Beta up until the April 19th patch.

But, you know, apparently SOE, for that nearly 6 month period (and more going back into beta) didn't realize that there was a bug and thinks that it started after GU7 and won't give us exchanges unless you bought them on that one day.
    • Up x 1
  5. Quiiliitiila

Yeah I know all about the blueshift, I just don't want to mention it's name for fear of giving it validation :p
  6. Tungsten

To be fair if thats slugger your quoting he has no idea what hes doing. I can pick out at least one mistake in each of the articles that a real player wouldnt make. Moving the intel brief off official announcements and leaving it to the bright minds of facebook was the best decision.
  7. Quiiliitiila

I don't know much about who wrote it, I'll take your word for it then :p

It was still a pretty big gaff though, I feel like most of them at SOE are plugging their ears and going "lalalalalalala" hoping we all forget about their mistakes...
  8. Tungsten

9. Joram

Nope, we will not have our accuracy back, Jimmy Whisenhunt just confirmed in twitch.tv/planetside2 chat that all the changes to the weapons were intended.
  10. Mcponington

I just got my rejection for a refund/swap for blueshifts. I don't know what to do, I mean buying new max weapons that I now clearly need seems to just be rewarding SOEs bad behavior. I think ill just use the rest of my SC on cosmetics and go full free to play from now on. RIP AI max.
  11. ROCKFIISH

What a joke this is. People only got the cosmos because they were accurate, I know I would have never unlocked them if the cone of fire was this bad prior. Very ****** way to treat your customers.
  12. Giggily

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao2sGqpRdtcDdEpSM1llZEtOU1BGSjVLaGQxMUJHNXc#gid=0

I like this spreadsheet because it's using datamined values and shows that in December, when I bought my Cosmos, it had the same CoF values as the Blueshift does now, and the same values as April 18th, but I can't get it exchanged because _____. You know, despite the fact that the only reason I got it was because it was at the time the most accurate VS weapon. I actually tweeted Higby asking about it, and he didn't reply to me either time, or the people in my outfit who said the same thing. It owns.
  13. Quiiliitiila

It took me two days of tweeting hime once every 3 hours to get a short response. Since then nothing...
  14. Prodigal

What response did you get? Can you post it please?
  15. Ganjis

The annoying thing is, it would cost them absolutely nothing to uncert and refund the Cosmos. It's a digital item in a virtual world: no shipping costs, no storage costs, no repair costs, no cleaning costs. The mistake was entirely theirs (putting the accuracy values on the wrong guns). The lack of admission of this is their responsibility. Failing to correct a mistake that amounts to a minor data entry error for nearly half a year is their responsibility, considering how many threads on these forums here were about it.

SOE dropped a bollock. We, their customers have suffered ($14 down the drain). They could rectify this so easily and at no actual cost to themselves, but instead we get told to put it on our TS lists.

The whole "We cannot refund or exchange, blah blah blah" is all well and good, I do not blame the customer service reps for following their policy. However, there must be someone higher up who is capable of making an executive decision and make an exception as this is an exceptional case. This is not a mere nerf (I have several bought items that have suffered nerfs), but a complete reversal.
    • Up x 1
  16. Quiiliitiila

@Quiiliitiila the current values are intended, however, if you bought the weapon with the bugged stats (on 4/18) CS will replace it for you.

That's what I got... And then he shut down and never said anything else. I gave him the address of this thread, with any luck he'll take a look.
  17. Prodigal

Okay so Higby explicitly says that Customer Service is going to replace them for us. We should all submit a support ticket and quote Higbys reply.
  18. Prodigal

Here's the ticket I just submitted:

"Hello,

my previous messages on the subject have not been taken seriously, so I am trying this again.

With GU7 SOE announced a BUFF of the Cosmos, which made me buy it on April 18th. But there has been a not-announced, significant NERF on the accuracy of the Cosmos. This is clearly a misleading from SOEs side. On Twitter, Higby first reacted as not being aware of this. I contacted Customer Support and just received redundant and meaningless answers about how a refund wasnt possible. I never asked for a refund. I want to have the properly working weapon you made me believe I was buying.

So, we kept digging. And we received an answer from Higby on his Twitter: "@Quiiliitiila the current values are intended, however, if you bought the weapon with the bugged stats (on 4/18) CS will replace it for you."

So, since Higby himself guarantees us a replacement, I hereby ask you to replace my dual Cosmos' by dual Blueshifts.

I once again ask you to take responsibility for your mistakes and your misleading us into thinking we were buying a good weapon, while it was actually bad, and take the right and necesesary steps to make up for your mistakes.

Many thanks."
  19. Vadimir

They'll only replace it if you brought it the day of / day after the patch because as far as SOE are concerned that is the only time it was bugged. The previous 5 months apparently never happened o_O

Good luck with your ticket. As you brought it on the 18th you should be fine. Everyone else is screwed.

"As I said in that tweet, if you bought the weapon on the day of / day after the patch last week, when the stats were bugged and it's accuracy was swapped with the Blueshift, CS will unlock the Blueshift for you if you don't already have it."
    -las0m (Higby)
    • Up x 1
  20. Prodigal

Thats awesome, because I did. Where is this last quote taken from, please?