SOE I waited 5 months to buy VS MAX weapons: Then you ninja nerf it after 24 hours!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Apr 19, 2013.

1. A.R.G.L

Not surprising.......
  2. Quiiliitiila

Sooooo, when are we gonna hear something about this? Just this morning I got rolled by 2 heavies that before the nerf I could've killed in seconds... Instead I sat there (well strafed) shooting at ONE the entire time and missed with almost all my shots... This was at ~10-20 meters. The Cosmos needs a buff NOW, It's almost impossible to play with now.
    • Up x 2
  3. A.R.G.L

I was worried that it might just be my imagination being a placebo and the stats never actually changed, (has happened before) but this morning after trying to use my max I am convinced it is more that me being pathetic. It is like trying to shoot a hipfire LMG instead of a hipfire carbine... the bullets just go where they please, like firing little tiny Mundo's.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vadimir

To be honest with the exception of the Cosmos (were they over did the nerf), all the VS MAX weapons are pretty well balanced now. The Nebula gives you increased RoF, the Blueshift gives you increased accuracy, and the Quasar is the middle of the road.

So which is best really comes down to personal playstyle. However with that said I fully expect most people will be going with the Blueshift for obvious reasons.
  5. Quiiliitiila

Except a hipfire LMG hits more than the Cosmos :p
  6. Prodigal

Sadly thats not even exagerated.
    • Up x 2
  7. Cymoril

How many more subs will he lose waiting to fix something in the meantime? I havent pulled the plug yet but I am very dissatisfied with the current business model at this time. I have looked over other current SOE games besides this one and none have an appeal for me. This 1 model was a fluke. I have learned valuable lessons with how Sony treats its customer base that I wont make the mistake of putting myself into again. I am just happy that I wont stay with this game 5-6 years like I did DAoC.
  8. Crewell

I thought I read a while back the Cosmos had some of the Blueshift stats applied to it by accident.Maybe this was to correct that?
  9. Vadimir

Yes and no. The Cosmos did in fact have both increased ammo and increased accuracy when it should really have only had one of the two. According to the in-game descriptions the Cosmos was supposed to have increased ammo while the Blueshift was supposed to have increased accuracy.

So in a way this does correct that. However there are two main problems, one is that SOE has always maintained that the VS guns were working as intended which lead some people to buy the Cosmos for it's increased accuracy thinking it would stay that way, and second is that they simply over nerfed it.

If you compare VS and TR MAX guns you can see that they are primarily balanced with the TR having increased ammo and increased RoF, while the VS gets increased accuracy and increased damage per shot. The Cosmos however now has worse accuracy than it's mirror the Mutilator without gaining anything to make up for it.
  10. Prodigal

11. Quiiliitiila

Hotfix is out, nothing mentioned about the Cosmos. With any luck they'll have ninja'd it back to some semblance of usefulness, but somehow somehow I doubt it...
  12. Prodigal

That's also my hope, that they'll ninja it back as silent as they broke it. Lets hope.
  13. tenzenator

i hope too, otherwise there will be lot of angry customers
  14. A.R.G.L

I REALLY hope it was just something they accidentally broke but if they were fixing it WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT IN THE PATCH NOTES? And if it is intentional why hasn't someone come on this thread and told us why they nerfed it so !@#$ING HARD? If this was league of legends and a champion randomly lost an enormous amount of power with no explanation there would be a dev post responding to it within 15 minuets.

I wish Sony would grow a thicker skin, ignore the mindless bashing of every minor change, explain their thought process on changes and respond to things like this where clarification is DESPERATELY needed. I really doubt it is that hard to change the accuracy on a weapon. A couple numbers in the associated file......
    • Up x 1
  15. Apis

I previously bought dual nebulas & cosmos. I stuck with the cosmos b/c headshot accuracy and magazine allowed great suppression fire. After GU07 I spent ~5 min in a cosmos max to realize it's a death trap. It did OK damage to infantry but felt like I was doing zero damage to enemy MAXes (I range attack them). I quickly switched to the nebulas and started doing well again. I guess I wasted resources on cosmos like many other players. I hope that as long as I have nebulas and cosmos that the developer "errors" will allow at least one of the weapons to be viable. I will not buy the blueshift specifically because of the developer issues that have occured over the months.

If the blueshift is ever fixed maybe I'll buy them and get extended mags (for headshots)- but I'd be very naive to try that anytime soon. Hell- even if they do get them working as intended- who knows if they'll throw some random nerf at them again.

Finally I think the devs have been horrible at defining the usage of VS MAXes. They're trying to differentiate the weapons but still not allowing any of them to be as good as TR/NC MAXes (Or giving them a situation they do well in). VS MAXes have always been TR MAX JR- same thing, lower damage/fire rate. If VS is supposed to do better in long range MAXing- well that's kind of an oximoron isn't it? Either way I'm sure we're find ways to do well w/ whatever the devs throw at us.
  16. A.R.G.L

Still shows as being 2.15.................
  17. Quiiliitiila

The Blueshift was "fixed" it now has the accuracy of what the Cosmos did and zero bullet damage degradation over range.
  18. Prodigal

Has noone got a Twitter account to message Higby with?
  19. Quiiliitiila

I don't, but you can monitor Higby's tweets from the main forum page. Just select the scroll bar and choose Higby.
  20. Prodigal

Yeah that everyone knows. Only that there's no point in reading his comments if noone keeps asking him on the subject ;)