[Suggestion] SOE: For the love of God, do something about redeployside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ceiu, Nov 7, 2014.

1. tahn1000

redeployside? what game are you playing, because i'm playing planetside 2. WHERE YOU CAN'T DEPLOY INTO A BASE TO DEFEND, NOR GET WITHIN 5 LATICES OF IT. then again planetside 2 doesn't have "jumping from continent to continent" either. only one continent isn't locked at a time.
  2. Rovertoo

It really, really wouldn't be that big of a deal. If you're going with a huge 96+ zerg against a piddly 12 man squad, you won't hardly die, and in the off chance you do, it would be faster to go find another fight than wait to farm the spawndoors. Playing roughly even fights wouldn't have any kind of spawn difference, 1 or 2 seconds longer isn't a problem, and playing against a huge force would mean that each kill is an actual contribution to the fight.

And if a whole second per player is too much, make it .5 or something.

Now as for new players, getting killed over and over again is going to happen regardless. How long it takes to spawn might be annoying if they happen to die in a large zerg fight, but hopefully any new player aids that they plan to add in would help steer them to better fights, or they might be exempt from the spawn restrictions as long as they're under BR 20 or something.
  3. Dieter Perras

consider this situation then, say you and your squad just dropped into a relatively empty base in order to pull some vehicles and go join the real fight the next hex over. Now lets say you get killed by a stalker cloaker, sniper or friendly running you over or something. It wouldn't matter then how even the actual fight was the game would still see the 48 to 1 ratio and give you this ridicules time to respawn.

either way this would only serve to piss players off, irregardless of how it may improve the elitists ideal of absolute balanced fights it would kill the pacing at times and be incredibly annoying at other times.

Kind of like how the current spawn system will sometimes teleport you way across the map because you tried to respawn into an imbalanced fight that wasn't imbalanced when you joined but guess who died at the wrong time.
  4. Bindlestiff

Someone previously suggested a simple change that facilitates the hopping that goes on now, but does it in a controlled and consistent manner and importantly removes the monotony of having to play deploy / redeploy roulette. It isn't my idea, but I'll post it here again:

• Allow spawn at all friendly connected facilities always (can be adjusted for population balance if required)
    • Increase the spawn timer proportional to the distance of the facility you are trying to get to
    • Tie redeploying in with the resource system, so that there is a proper trade off between selecting to arrive in a vehicle (shared or pulled yourself) or to redeploy
    This would make moving quickly to surrounding facilities possible and always available, but also allow far away facilities that are still connected to be reached and defended, but at a more severe time and individual resource penalty than someone pulling a Galaxy and transporting themselves + 11 others.

People will moan about resources / time restrictions etc, but for me this has the potential to allow a little bit of common sense and balance to be applied. It is not perfect, but would be a good place to start. This game needs players to keep it viable, but the game also has to flow properly and right now it just isn't. Too many of todays generation want everything immediately and aren't willing to wait. This idea will still offer that instant gratification.
    • Up x 3
  5. FocusLight

You fail to take into account that when EVERYONE DOES IT, it don't matter if the ones' doing it do so because they want to be the unforgivable zergers or not.

They do so because they HAVE TO. My outfit as an arch example aim to "win" in the manner that we take and hold territory, halt zergs and pop strategic objectives. We are blatantly forced to use re-deploy as often as possible simply because that's what everyone else does, the only time we don't is in the few cases when it's not possible or when we attack, and re-deploy to an enemy base because ::no sunderers::

This will HAVE TO continue being the case, until SOE changes it.

And I'm all in favor of that. At the very least if people have to run Sunderer caravans to get from A to B then these can be ambushed, if they have to run Galaxy flotillas these can be attacked in the air. When we introduce logistics to the game, these can be interrupted.

I remember in the Beta and early in the game, RANDOM PLAYERS would spawn galaxies and take other randoms with them to battlefields. They served as taxi-services for other players- They would usually say where they were going and how many spots were left in the Galaxy, and depart when they were full or had waited long enough.

I miss that, I miss seeing random people providing the logistical support for others, and this was long BEFORE we got score and certs for doing this. Bring that back. Make logistics a requirement in some way.
    • Up x 1
  6. William Petersen

Suggestion tag without any actual suggestion, good job.

I posted this in another thread:

We have a plethroa of vehicles to use to travel around the map, and they should be being used instead of this instant teleport crap. It really doesn't take that long to get from the Warp Gate to the frontlines. Especially if you use that Instant Action button.
    • Up x 1
  7. Degenatron

"I'd leave the game."

Not

"I'd leave the fight."

That makes you a part of the problem and perhaps you SHOULD leave the game.
  8. Crator

I say, give us one server where we can have different rule-set like this. If it doesn't work out then so be it. But, isn't the resource revamp supposed to help with this issue too?
  9. MonnyMoony

How about this for a solution.

When you first deploy into the game - you can spawn at the warp gate or any friendly base.

After that - you can only deploy at the base you just spawned at, the warpgate, the next nearest base connected to your lattice, a sunderer within the same region, a sunderer in the nearest connected region (enemy or friendly) or the friendly base/sunderer in the region you just died in.

For every minute after you have deployed - the region you can to deploy in moves 1 more lattice link/region away from your current spawn point.

The timer resets every time you deploy.

This would prevent people map hopping around - and would help concentrate the fights - but would still allow free movement by vehicles/by foot and would allow you to deploy to a nearby friendly base to pull vehicles and outflank the attackers.
  10. Andy04

Wait what about performance I cant kill tweaking out characters that spazz out at 30 feet away lol redeploy side will be here for a long time get used to it.
  11. Psycho13

12. Pineapple Pizza!

he looks pretty legit
  13. Pineapple Pizza!

I dunno why people look at this problem from the point-of-view of a clueless idiot noob who's destined to leave the game within a month, tops, instead seeing it as a supreme neckbeard commander would.

When people have to travel to bases instead of teleport, that opens up tons of options for tactics.
    • Up x 3
  14. z1967

I think the solution will come in the Resource revamp where spawning in will cost global nanites and since you can drain those nanites you can prevent large forces from jumping into the base unexpectedly. Then you have to account for Gal crashes, but that is a different story.
    • Up x 1
  15. Predator01cz

This idea is so insane you might actually end up seeing some medics on the NC side
    • Up x 2
  16. Rovertoo

Besides the fact that that is pretty rare, there are ways around that. Should things like that become annoying and common enough though, make the spawn timer restrictions not come into play until at least a 24v24 fight or something.
  17. ajma

Just introduce a per skipped base nanite cost to redeploying. 50 sounds reasonable.
  18. Astriania

The problem with redeployside is that a base is never secure until the cap is complete. There is no way you can take a base, clear out the enemy presence and set up a perimeter, because the spawn room that you can't even enter could spit out 100 players at any moment.

Being able to deploy widely does have advantages in getting people to fights quickly. But it also makes it far too easy for organised groups to ruin those fights. So what we need is not a massive reduction in where you can spawn, but a massive reduction in the ability to spawn lots of people in a short space of time at a single spawn point.

There are a number of ways this can be done:

Spawn denial - make it impossible for defenders to spawn into a base under attack when some criterion is reached, so they have to use transport to resecure it
    - SCUs in all bases
    - Spawn in a contested territory is not allowed unless you're already there
    - Facility hard spawn room gets flipped with the control point (like Freyr A/B/C or old major facility outposts)

Spawn throttling - don't stop spawning, but slow it down so you can't mass redeploy instantly
    - Spawn rooms (and sunderers) have a maximum spawn rate, if more people select it then they build up a queue. Suggested times would be 1/5 sec for small outposts and sundies, 2/5 sec for large outposts and 5/5 sec for facilities, so throwing a platoon into a tech plant takes 48s. This is my personal favourite
    - Increase spawn timers for bases under contention, or if the friendly pop is large
    • Up x 2
  19. OldMaster80

This is what I've done today with the BMC platoon on Miller:
    1) Fight at Zurvan Amp Station. We pushed back NC.
    2) All the platoon pressed Cancel and 10 seconds later we popped out of Indar Comm Array spawn room turning a 1-12 vs 1-12 into a 48+ vs 1-12. Please check on the map the actual distance between Zurvan and Indar Comm Array: we made like 2,5-3km in 10 seconds.
    3) Once Indar Comm Array was clear (believe me, NC didn't even uderstand what hit them) we redeployed to Zurvan Pump Station. Again our redeploy caused a fair fight to turn into a 70% vs 30% in a matter of 10 seconds. NC have been annihilated in less than 1 minutes.
    4) Redeployed again, this time NS Weapons Storage was available and it was full of VS. Same as above: all VS have seen was a 1-12 turning into a 48+ so quickly they didn't even see it coming. They lost the battle again.

You can see from this screen the pattern: some were still close to Zurvan while all the rest was in Indar Comm Array and WP was already on the next target kms away. A those destinations were already available for redeployment via Cancel.
    [IMG]

This thing has to stop immediately, it's literally destroying tactics and small fights. Being overpopped is not fun, and the absurd redeploying mechanic makes bloody easy for a platoon to jump out of nowhere and stomp small squads.

Soldiers should of course be able to relocate in case they need to stop the enemy, this is out of discussion. The problem is HOW you make soldiers move. This should not happen via Cancel button. That should be in case you are far away from terminals / spawn room and want to go back to the closer base: a shortcut in case you don't want to do that on your feet. But it shouldn't be used for strategic attacks.

Soldiers resecuring a base should move using transport vehicles like Galaxy, Valkyrie, Harasser, Sunderers. Reployment options should only be limited to the closest base, warpgate and to the spawn beacon.
    A way to make redeployside less annoying could be to limit redeployment options, and at the same time make redeployment depend much more on spawn beacons: they should be the key for redeployment.
    Spawn beacons should:
    - Have a shorter cooldown.
    - Have more HP.
    - Be repairable.
    - Be spawn points for the whole platoon, not just for the squad.

You want to move to another front of the battle. Great, form a fire team on a Valkyrie, fly to the objective, drop soldiers (maybe Light Assault on a rooftop), let them drop a beacon or two in a strategic position, then watch the drop pods raining from the sky.
    This would at least give defenders options and time to do something. If the fire team lands too late to save the base (or if they meet resistance) then the battle will occurr in the area between bases.
    Redeployside gives no option but dying, when it comes for you. Today I think NC and VS on Miller didn't have so much fun I must tell you.
  20. Paragon Exile

I like how people complain about redeploying to contested bases "with massive overpop" even though the game stops you from doing that after your team hits 50%.

lol