SOE FIX YOUR HUD

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hatamoto, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Hatamoto

The HUD is still eating valuble fps in heavy combat, could you PLEASE look into this and perhaps come up with something other than using Flash for it??!?

Is it really that demanding to render small triangles on screen? If its the minimap then by god let me disable it, i can do without it most of the time. If you cannot fix this properly then allow me to brighten the colours on team mates or something so i can disable the HUD without loosing track of whos friend or foe.

MAKE THE HUD SCALEABLE FFS ... why wasnt that in the quality of life upgrade? Is it really that difficult to make individual HUD items optional?

What puzzles me is that you know enabling the HUD eats fps, and people complain about the lack of optimizations ... WHY are you not directing resources to look into this already??
    • Up x 1
  2. Eleo

PS2 doesnt use Flash per se, I assume it uses Scaleform wich is a standard for AAA games, it uses its own optimized renderer, but I agree SOE is doing something seriously wrong cause it feels quite performance heavy.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hatamoto

So are there any tweaks to be done in the ini:s to disable the minimap and other items? Id like to see what is causing the biggest performance hit