[Suggestion] SOE, can you PLEASE start using your OWN forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronin Oni

Hey, I'm over 30 too!

YAY! Let's start a club!

I seriously don't know what the rest of our generations aversion is to keeping up with the changing digital landscape...

And how are the forum users the "most loyal customers".

Off what make believe information are you staking this claim on?

You don't even need a twitter account. Having an issue? Load up main forum page, look down right side bar, check out Higgles and PS2's twitter feeds. If something is going on, it'll be right there... available on the forums, just like you demand.

Only thing I might recommend they do is come up with an "Issue Tracker", mod post only section (to keep all the whine out). Reddit and twitter could both make use of it by cross linking and that seems to be anything even close to a valid complaint or request out of this entire mess (a single and historical source of issues and current status).

Of course, 3 seconds and a google search bar found this: http://ps2issuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Whatever information you want is there. It's immediately available and easily locatable in todays modern digital information age.

Evolve with the bloody times.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ronin Oni

You do realize DCarey just the other week opened a Q&A thread here on the forums where he answered a LARGE number of questions right?

They have to do more focused and directed communication here because otherwise people here start a figurative ****storm though.
  3. Shanther

And they do just that. You just don't like the frequency in which they post here. They are doing their jobs, you just want something different.
  4. Darkwulf

I agree 100% that they don't communicate enough here.
  5. BiggggBRIM

As I type this, its been a few hours shy of a week since the latest patch which destroyed alot of player's ability to play this game. Client crashes every 10-15 minutes for those on 32 bit clients, and sometimes it won't even let them in the game period. People are angry because there is still NO official response on their official forums. You think my issue is that they take their time posting here? No, my issue is when they don't even make the effort to post here AT ALL. Its a slap in the face to every single person looking here for information about the game.
    • Up x 3
  6. Shanther

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2f2kay/issues_after_the_august_update/

Cross post it yourself. Not hard. Stop being so easily offended because that is all we got. If SOE uses Reddit to chat with people so should you. Any refusal to do so is entirely a personal issue.
  7. makrome

wait ... did i get this right ? you're defending the poor presence of information posted by SOE on this very forum by saying that a fraction of important announcements/infos eventually lands here after being channeled through 2 other platforms which aren't even primarly related to this game/gamecompany ?
    • Up x 3
  8. BiggggBRIM

I'm glad you brought that up! There was another thread regarding just that.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...r-30-responses-from-soe-here-they-are.199826/

The community is NOT asking for alot, we just want SOE to post on their own forums so we the customers don't have to go digging for responses through third party websites.

This man said it best.
    • Up x 2
  9. Shanther

Also known as entitlement issues. You think just because you are their customer they should post everything here. They DO post here. Just not enough to make you happy. SOE chooses to be heavily connected with social media, this is a good thing. Just because you for whatever reason choose not to be doesn't mean SOE should pander to that. If SOE never posted anything here you would have a leg to stand on, the simply isn't the case. Your entire argument is based arround a personal issue that you want SOE to cater to.

As bit of an after thought. The really funny thing about all of this. This has never been such a major issue on the forums up until this week. This is the perfect example of why people hate these forums. Every other week is a different issue and then they just rotate. Forumside at its finest. A few people being vocal causing everyone to get pitchforks. It will all go away in a week or so like always.
  10. BiggggBRIM

Sony is making an offer to its current shareholders to buy more stock? Lemee check...oh wait, they're not. What are you talking about? An entitlement issue is when a publicly traded company makes an offer to existing shareholders to buy their stock at a price often lower than the current market price. The is no other definition for "entitlement issue" so you can stop using it incorrectly from now on.

And I'm still waiting for SOE to make a post on here regarding last week's train-wreck of a patch. I'm glad you and I can now agree that the community's argument has merit.
    • Up x 1
  11. NC supporter

This thread has no legitimate value and everyone is repeating what someone else said over and over. The debate isn't going anywhere and none of this talk is going to change anything other than the point that the devs have given in their 2 cents through RadarX already. Requesting lock of thread.
    • Up x 2
  12. Shanther

Sorry I will use a more "acceptable" phrase. You have a false sense of entitlement. The idea of using a phrase for something other then its literal meaning is lost on you it seems. If a person says you have entitlement issues in the context I am using it, is it understood to mean "you believe you are entitled to things you are not," despite it not being the literal meaning of the phrase. What you are talking about is also known as a "rights issue."

All of that being said I don't agree with you at all. I don't believe the community has a valid argument, a point I made in the very post you quoted. Your entire argument is based around the idea of "I am, therefore give to me." That is not an acceptable argument. SOE posts here, on Reddit, on Twitter, and discusses things in Livestreams. If you don't want to be part of social media fine, but don't sit there and "say SOE must post everything here because I refuse to look elsewhere." The mentality is childish. 9 out of 10 things posted on Reddit are also posted here, when it comes to news. The one major difference between the two is SOE tends to respond to individual posts on Reddit because it is vastly easier to have a discussion there then it is on here.
  13. BiggggBRIM

When you put scare quotes around a word it means you have skepticism or disagreement with that words definition. Are you saying that you are knowingly about to make an unacceptable response? And which parts are you being serious about? Your excuse of "I didn't LITERALLY mean it" and using words for nonexistent definitions is getting very tiresome.

And please, quote me where I said "I am, therefore give to me." Don't worry, I'll wait.
  14. Shanther

/facepalm

I never claimed you said that. I very specificly said "is based around the idea of."
    • Up x 1
  15. Ash87

Yeeeeeeeeep
  16. iller

B/c it's a downgrade, and the proof is everywhere. Twitter = thoughtless mean comments in broken english from what's supposed to be native english speakers, as well as a testament to our 37th-and-slipping rank in the world's education standings while quickly becoming a leading cause of traffic accidents on top of that. Reddit = popularity contest for hipsters who talk a big game but then get #REKT by the laziest virgin basement trolls around (59:00 in: Reddit's fragile selfesteem collapses on itself) anytime a semi-serious competition of skill comes up. There's probably even some Facebook shenanigans to toss in here but I'd rather not even think about that one b/c my own outfit is behind atleast one of those. :rolleyes:

People didn't change to this other stuff b/c it was strictly better. It's actually strictly-worse for dealing with a detailed & complicated balancing act of many points of views ...the one GOOD thing about reddit is that it maintained the the old root-->Tree structure of Newsgroups which makes conversations themselves a lot easier to follow than this Forum does. But other than that, it's clearly just a safe-haven from criticism for a number of the designers and that always erodes the quality of all future patches. Not to mention the Roadmap already had all those same features yet they apparently abandoned that this summer too.
    • Up x 3
  17. BiggggBRIM

Two things: Those are your words, not mine. And there is no argument, just a request that SOE post pertinent game information in an easy to find location on their forum. Nothing more, nothing less.

Once again, I never said that in anyway shape or form. Stop lying and making things up. The community asked that SOE at least make an EFFORT to post information on here, which the community as a whole feels that SOE is slacking.

https://www.planetside2.com/faq

Where does it say "If having problems, please visit Twitter, Reddit and Facebook for troubleshooting"?

The first part is completely made up statistic that is nowhere CLOSE to accurate. The second part is speculation and opinion. Has anyone from SOE said "We like posting on Reddit and Twitter because its vastly easier than having a discussion on the PS2 forums"
    • Up x 2
  18. BiggggBRIM

Considering that you said "You have a false sense of entitlement" immediately after "Sorry I will use a more "acceptable" phrase" was your phrase. Still seemed odd to me as I don't go around telling people that they have a false sense of entitlement, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Don't blame me for not understanding your own made up sentence structure.
  19. Boomotang

They do. Request granted. :eek:
  20. Ronin Oni

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement
    Try using a dictionary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.