SOE are breaking a pledge to the community with their inaction on ADAD Macros

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Apr 26, 2013.

1. ddrmeddr

here is a REAL demonstration that shows the issue people are talking about

News flash, you dont need a Macro to have the same effect :)
  2. LibertyRevolution

That is the same video you posted in the other thread where you said the guy was using an adada macro, so why would you post that here with the new flash that you don't need to macro it.

To cause warping they would have to move before the server can update your clients location to the others guys client..
    To do this by hand would require like 10 keystrokes per second if both players have a ping of about 70..
    Keep telling yourself they are doing it by hand..

Exception is people playing from out of region with latency of course, which is one of the reasons I support region locking the servers.

This is what it looks like to ADADADA by hand with low latency (CT to waterson server).

I think we all agree that macro ADADADADA is bad.. but strafing back and forth is normal behavior for a FPS..
  3. Jube

The Trick is trail and error when making your macro. SoE put in a time delay for strafe right and strafe left, all the person making the macro need to do is try out different time delays in the macro they are making and once it matches up they once again have a working macro.
    The catch is this. It is a banable offense to use these macros according to SoE's game play policy. SoE needs a way to make sure a person is using a macro before they can ban them, how do you prove it? By adding in the delay time they force the macro user to incorporate the delay into their macro. A person not using the macro can't possibly mimic the delay consistently, but the macro will, thus the macro user can get caught.

Will SoE actually ban people for using it? I doubt it. SoE is trying to run a business here and the use of a macro in the grand scheme of things is really minor compared to the use of hacks that are available and being employed.
    Also SoE has to take into account that there are people out there that have disabilities that require the use of macros to be able to play. SoE wants to sell their product to everyone.
    Sure you may become angry that there are people out there using macros but the fact is, You, while playing your game can't prove positively by sight alone that somebody used a macro. You may suspect it but not prove it. What you see may only be server lag.
    When you see a person wall hacking you know they are wall hacking but the ADAD macro you can only suspect it.

The best thing you can do is record suspicious characters and open a support ticket on these folks and let SoE handle it.
    The more proof you give SoE that somebody is cheating the the better.
  4. Eugenitor

I would sacrifice a baby to replace this netcode BS with double-tap dodging and wall dodges.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phazaar

Nope, I don't look, because as I said, a hack wouldn't be necessary to do that. I -could- use a hack to kill a tank in 6 shots with a Reaver. It's a lot easier to assume I'm not using a hack and just using the in game mechanic that does exactly that.

Looking at his stats, 28% accuracy and 10-15% headshots seems fine to me. His K/D is easily understood when you see his movement.

They're not allowed, yes, but there's currently nothing to stop them from being used, and given that there is no recording of inputs over time etc, even a /report will never be responded to.

Once again, though I must confess absolute frustration attempting not to smack you around the head with this: NO ONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO PRESS A AND THEN D OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Whilst this is ******** and unrealistic, it's a perfectly valid tactic, and as much of a hinderance as it is a help. The complaint is that after promising the netcode would NOT be open for this kind of abuse, it is open for this kind of abuse, and depending on where you play and who you play against, this abuse is somewhere between a mild irritation that reminds you how badly coded the game is, and absolutely game breaking when it occurs in 50% of encounters.

This problem is also the exact same issue that causes vehicle/air collisions when they aren't occuring on either player's screen, just as an FYI.

So yes, your video shows exactly what is acceptable. I'd still rather see this **** not in game (or at least reduced to the point that your movement is accurate, rather than doubled), but that's just me and that's not what this thread is about.
  6. Phazaar

Fortunately this isn't Unreal Tournament, given how terrible it was for competitive play. Great for fun, terrible for excitement.

As to not being able to see him warp, you must have been blind, or drunk, or lagging watching that. Before posting it, I ripped it and put it into Adobe. Frame by frame, there are three points in an encounter of what, 4 seconds (?) where he literally DISAPPEARS in one frame, and reappears 3 feet away in the next frame.

A carbine/smg would have had no extra luck, as the hit recognition would be almost impossible (unless you simply held down fire on the far right or far left of his strafe, but giving everyone a 90% damage mitigation based upon netcoding is a little bit pointless).
    • Up x 2
  7. Jachim

I'm not sure what the point to this entire thread is.

Have any of you ever played any other FPS? Ever? I remember the LPB/HPB complaints from Quake 2 for christ sake. Before this 'realism' nonsense got stuck in everyones head.

I'm not sure if you guys understand what you're trying to ask the PS2 devs to do here. You're essentially trying to turn this boring game into an even more boring game where no method of skill is allowed else people complain about absurd **** that doesn't even exist like 'strafe macros'.

The issue is server-client connectivity, nothing to do with "ADAD" or "Strafe" macros.

The OP's claim that SOE is somehow breaking their "promise" to the community is childish. This is a non-issue you're making up.
  8. Jachim

Oh. My. God.

You ran into a room with 6+ infantry and expected to kill them all.

That is totally on you. Typical CS/COD kiddo crying about anything that can kill you. Sure, the guy was lagging a bit. WELCOME TO THE INTERNET.
  9. Phazaar

You're so uneducated it blows my mind. The video isn't me. Watching it, I don't even believe he necessarily wouldn't have died even if the guy were not ADADADing. The problem is that he is openly warping WHILST LANDING CONSTANT HITS. This isn't lag. This is a netcode issue based upon using client-side detection instead of server-side; an error that was made far too early in PS2's development phase to shortcut issues based upon the huge world + active playerbase. If you have no expertise in netcoding, and no idea what you're looking at here, please just step back from the discussion so the civilised folk can avoid having to respond to such inanity.
  10. JudgeDeath

Personally I like the players that keep rubberbanding back and forth while they run .. on a distance of about 20 meter back and forth back and forth.
  11. Rager

Any gamer who acts like this takes skill or is normal, or people should L2p really does need to be slapped. Mind you i stop playing this trash game, but I do come back in hopes it will get better. **** like this, needs to be fixed. It needed to happen in beta. The little cod kiddies are the only ones who think it is fine. This **** does not belong in planet side and never did, so SOE do your damn jobs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Phazaar

Would you please become a poster-boy for PS2 and have them accept every decision you make? I don't want a realistic game (got many of those already), I just want one that doesn't involve players Neo'ing it up and walking 3 metres left to right every 0.5 seconds. (For naysayers, that video that I linked shows exactly this. That's 24 metres in 4 seconds. In alternating directions. It -looks- ridiculous, it feels ridiculous, it -is- ridiculous.)
    • Up x 2
  13. Devrailis

You need to watch that video again a little more carefully.
    • Up x 3
  14. EvilNinjadude

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Tekuila

Can't believe how many brain dead people are trying to defend this obvious exploiting that is ruining the game. Bunny hopping got fixed and so will this. :)
    • Up x 2
  16. Van Dax

QFT brutha
    • Up x 1
  17. Anantidaephobia

Okayyyyyyyy, so that's what I saw today. That loser must have thought that fighting with a shotgun wasn't lame enough and he needed this to make sure he'd win duels ...
  18. INFP

OMG He....he....used his strafe keys??? Damn I didn't even bind these up, I thought they were some sort of developer command or some ****
  19. Tekuila

Prime example of why there needs to be a vote down feature.
  20. INFP

And if there was this entire thread should be full of them. I assumed the humour would be apparent above but it appears not to be so allow me to explain.

Strafing (which is what all the videos of this "exploit" are showing) is, has and forever will be part of arcade style FPS games. It has been in them since wolfenstein 3D and strafing during fights has been part of EVERY single one since. What you are witnessing in the above videos is people using their movement to disrupt peoples aim and bad client side interpolation. This is not some massive conspiracy by hackers everywhere, this is how people who have played FPS games in the past continue to play them. Whilst you're aiming down your sights standing stationary and unable to hit them (because your aim isn't up to scratch and the interp in the game is fairly terrible) they are hip firing and hitting you....because....you're an easy target.

I won't say learn to play. But if you're relying mainly on your aim and not even using your movement/dodging to the full you have no right to complain when you die to someone who is. You certainly don't have the right to say it's an exploit. The only thing this is, is bad game skill and netcode playing out as a forum whine.
    • Up x 1