SOE are breaking a pledge to the community with their inaction on ADAD Macros

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Udnknome

I know, that's why I put it it quotes. I'm going to be disappointed just like I was in PS1.:oops:
  2. iller

I was okay with it .... until the packet spoofers (warpers) and speedhackers started using it as a way to appear more legit to everyone else. Now it's just become another overexploited scapegoat that's needing a butchering so that proper reporting can re-commence.
    • Up x 1
  3. WalrusJones

Another promise that I am waiting on from that list:

"All weapons from PS1 will return in one form or another...."
    (I want my plasma grenade thumper baby back baby back baby back.... Teammates fear me, indeed.)
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

Ah..... the thumper, that thing could Zerg wrangle like nothing else. :)

The problem with PS2 is (as it often is) the TTK, I think we'll see this with the grenade MAXs.

On the upside I'd like to see anyone ADAD a Lockdown TR grenade MAX, :D
  5. WalrusJones

EXACTLY.
  6. The_Shruberer

I agree ADAD strafing is annoying and could use a fix, but the title of this thread is rather presumptuous....

P.S. it's not an easy fix to do, without disrupting normal gameplay
  7. EvilNinjadude

****, this is still in? I remember seeing a thread about this in beta. And as someone else said, people were thinking about it even before then.

I've seen the NivX ADAD video in this thread. Bloody connection exploiters. ADADAD is the facestab of Planetside 2.
  8. HellionX

It's not skill. It's and exploit with netcode witch sony claims is not acceptable. Same as old school moronic bunny hoppers halo style. Fix it or you suck. Simple. Or change the exploit rule too go ahead and exploit. If you don't your lying to us. Plain ans simple.

also simple .....
    • Up x 1
  9. HadesR

Speed of movement needs to be made the same for both perspectives .. Whether that's possible or not who knows .
    • Up x 1
  10. EvilNinjadude

I'd go with Not Possible. You'd need to have extremely low server latency, and until everyone gets that there WILL be lag compensation.
    Also affected by versus how many actions a client does versus how often it tells the server what it's doing. And then the server tells YOU what the other guy is doing, so it needs to traverse the connection a number of times before the server calls hit/no hit on the shots you fire at the guy.
  11. Phazaar

You sir, have the absolute worst definition of 'hacking' ever known to man. It's an abuse of netcode; it doesn't involve intervening with any in game processes at all. Just very specifically timed macroing. I can make my character do it, and I assure you it doesn't involve hacking of any kind.

Your video isn't ADADAD from a non-hacker, it's ADADAD from someone who doesn't know how to ADADAD 'properly' (i.e. to cause the issue). Anyone can make a video showing it not working; all they have to do is -not- have a good macro for it. Your video does highlight one important point though; the predictive movement is a huge ****up to accurate shooting, as you're strafing from side to side on screen twice as fast in the third person perspective.

Educate yourself:

12. TheBusinessMan

I've only played PS2 for about 40 hours and yet to come across this. I played PS1 for 5+ years and warping was apart of the game unfortunately.

I really don't think it can be fixed., we had to learn to deal with it in PS1 and im sure it will be the same for PS2.
  13. Katana

I don't really understand the problem.

What else are you suppose to do? WSWS? Stand still?

That said I did it in PS1, ADCTRL spam, so maybe I just do it naturally in PS2 I dunno...

Maybe... the netcoding sucks, just the way it did for PS1.

Except for PS1 at the time it was incredible, all things considered.
  14. Spartan 117

Just wait until you see VS MAX's ADAD with ZOE module active lol
    • Up x 1
  15. Zcuron

Solutions that come to mind are;
    1. Increased player momentum. (introduces a minor delay when switching directions - doesn't have to be much)
    2. When changing directions, increase the CoF.

I think #1 could be interesting as long as it's a very small momentum, but I dislike #2, primarily because I hate the concept of "cone of fire", or bullets not going where you aim - I think it caps skill in an unnatural way, but I digress.

That said, I think I've only encountered this a maximum of 10 times - it's not very disruptive to the game.
    In that light, I think any "solution" needs to be carefully weighed against the cost of implementation for everyone else, be it developer time or one of the "solutions" above as they are both disruptive to average gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  16. LibertyRevolution

Man... You even bother to look before you comment about people?
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618020714769/killboard/?view=timeline&filter=kills
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428047126279767313/killboard/?view=timeline&filter=kills

We called hacks on his aimbot, not for the macros..
    Timed macros are also not allowed... multikey macros are not allowed...

Of course my video looks like a non macro.. that is the point.. people adada without macro don't warp..
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

I wish, but that problem is not limited to adada... What you see on your screen is not what they see.

I was getting shot by people that were not even looking at me, and I wondered how that happened, so I shot a video.
    It turns out that if you mouse sensitivity is to high or you move to quick, only your characters head moves...
    15secs in this video is the best example of that.

When I start shooting, my first shot is very far behind me to the left, but on the other screen it looks like I am shooting directly behind me.
    This would be at 22secs in the video.
  18. Ryukage06

Agreed. To those who support ADADADing, let me tell you, as a US Marine, trained for combat, nothing we are taught involves dodging bullets. Even in close quarters combat like MOUT (Mill. Operations on Urban Terrain), there is no jumping, diving, or dancing back and forth. That kind of foolish hollywood antics would get you zapped in a heartbeat. No, its all rapid entry, moving boldly forward with several Marines behind you, each pieing their corners and clearing the space of threats. Basically overwhelming the enemy by pushing rapidly forward, NOT by dancing and wiggling around like an idiot.

Yes, I get it, its a game, not RL. But as much as possible, FPS games should attempt to immulate real life concepts. In game, I constanly find myself using the tactics I learned in the military when engaging in a firefight: I pie my corners, I move from cover to cover, and generally, when I shoot, I stop moving around to gain the most stable firing position possible for greater accuracy. Now, that last one doesnt really work as well in game as it does in RL, I know. I really SHOULDNT just STOP, TURN, and SHOOT like an idiot. I SHOULD be trying to make myself a harder target to hit. And by all means, I expect my enemy to do the same.

But this ADAD nonsense is too much. When my enemy suddenly LUNGES back and forth across a 7 ft space 10 times in a matter of 3 seconds (try doing that yourself in RL, see how well that works), it looks rediculously unrealistic and unnatural, and because of that, its infuriating that I cant seem to land a shot, because in reality, that would not stop me from putting two in his chest and one in his head.

This is NOT a skill, this is NOT supurior tactical thinking or gameplay. And the only reason you do it (for those that do) is because when you dont, you get slaughtered because you DONT have supperior skill or tactical thinking or game play. You do it because it gives you an UNATURAL edge.

When people do this to me, they are not blowing my mind with their amazing skill, like, "ZOMG how did he do that?! MAN, he REALLY bested me there!".

No, my eyes, and my hand/mouse, can track you JUST fine. But that doesnt matter if my bullets wont hit you. Therefore you have negated my skills and reflexes, NOT with your own skills and reflexes, but essentially because the system cant figure out what you are doing: Its not me your fooling, its the programing.
    • Up x 3
  19. axiom537

I watched the video and the guy was just straffing back and forth, on the stairs and the other guy trying to shoot him with the noob shotgun was missing, had he been using a carbine, smg or another weapon he would have had a much easier time, but he is all upset his NOOB Cannon is much less effective weapon against players that are strafing. I do not see anything wrong, I don't see any warping I just see one player out maneuvering another and using the stair and railings to avoid getting hit. In my opinion he was doing it right and the guy shooting the video was not and decided to come in here and cry about getting beat by a better player... PFFFT!!!

You guys must be too young to have played Unreal Tournament, you have no idea what real ADADA strafing is about.
  20. ColdCheezePizza

ADAD spamming is a legitimate tactic guys, you will all feel stupid when this feature makes it into MLG competitive play (sarcasm)
    • Up x 1