SOAS 20 - question

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hellhammer, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Hellhammer

Does anyone know the damage per bullet for this weapon is? IMO, this weapon is vastly underpowered for a "carbine"

20 bullets per clip (not enough), no ammo type variant (soft point ammo?), no ability to add to the magazine (unlike the SMG)....hmmmm
  2. Astraka

The damage is 143 maximum up to 10 meters, and the damage degrades after that until you reach 65 meters, where your minimum damage is 112 from that point out.
  3. Hellhammer

I was able to find a link to the weapon damage

Weapon Bullet damage ROF Bullet Speed magazine size

SOAS 20 143 @ 10m/112 @ 65m 652 500 20

Armistice 125 @ 10m/84 @ 50m 896 360 30

so basically the SOAS 20 has a damage potential of 2860/2240, and the Armistice has a damage potential of 3750/2520, AND the Armistice can be upgrades to soft point ammo, and +10 magazine size.

Anyone else see a drastic problem with this?
  4. Dragonblood

I got my soas refunded and bought me a smg.
    The Soas is total crap at any range.
  5. Mustarde

HOW?

Also, OP - I see you are somewhat new to the game. Welcome! And, sorry friend, this is very old news... the SOAS-20 and faction equivalents are possibly the worst weapons in the game. The battle rifles seem a close second. Then the beamer? :)

Here's a TR weapons guide for infiltrators I put together, you might find it useful for weapons stats and analysis. Good luck out there!

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...plete-guide-to-infiltrator-weapons-tr.100487/

M
    • Up x 2
  6. Dragonblood

First of all I didn't have the soas for long, before I gave it back. I wrote the the Devs how unbalanced the weapon is and how it got complete useless with the introduction of the SMGs.
  7. OldMaster80

SOAS: worst SC ever spent. :(
  8. Dragonblood

Most of the time I had to switch to my sidearm, because Soas ran out of bullets against heavies.
  9. Astraka

You're not alone - almost everyone sees a problem with this. The SMGs took the ASR's niche, and they've not been given anything as compensation. One can hope that SOE has seen the countless threads reference the issue and rectify their error, but until that time the SOAS-20 is not a worthwhile purchase for any reason.

They should give the ASRs a new model, sound, faction-specific damage, ROF, recoil, and ammo count; a buff to bullet velocity & damage drop off at range; and give them access to the advanced forward grip. With these changes the SMG will still outclass them in close quarters, but the ASR will be more powerful in medium/long engagements and will give them a niche to fill.

The ASR should be the Infiltrator version of the NC's AC-X11 or the VS's Pulsar C. A medium to long range rifle, hard hitting, and with a low ammunition count.
  10. Dragonblood

In my opinion the Soas could be simply fixed by giving it 10-15 more bullets per magazine. At medium range it's really better then a SMG........but then you need to reload, while the enemy just keeps shooting.
  11. Takoita

Don't forget about the Pounder - it is right up there with auto-scout rifles in terms of usefulness.
  12. Astraka

Is it though? Check & compare the meaningful stats. The ASR has a lower ADS COF & higher bullet velocity, and the SMG has lower recoil, lower first shot multiplier (huge for burst firing), and faster ADS movement. In addition to those benefits the SMG also sports a higher magazine count, higher ROF, faster reload, lower TTK, and a much better COF while firing from the hip.

It needs a little more than a bump in magazine size otherwise it will still be outclassed by the SMG even at medium range. At long range the ASR is better than the SMG, but at that range you might as well take a SASR and actually be effective.
  13. Dragonblood

Nah, slow bullet velocity and damage drop at range make the SMG worse.....if it hadn't double the ammo capacity....so you can just keep shooting.
    SOAS ***** up at any range....while the SMG can crush Heavies at CQC......and why should I use a gun that I can't use to my advantage?