So......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soultrax, Jun 23, 2015.

1. soultrax

So now the ps4 version has been released, can we expect the pc to get some love? Getting a little bored of the large scale dm.
    The road map is just meh so when we going to get some real content and i dont mean more bloody guns and hats.
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

you basically answered your own question. the devs have been focussing on getting out the PS4 version first since it offers them a huge opportunity to gain new players and much needed revenue.

i guess in the upcoming weeks they need to make sure the PS4 built is stable and without major bugs. only then they will start working on new content for both platforms again.
  3. DirArtillerySupport

The PS4 beta is over...PC kickstarters can go home now. Nothing to see here. Keep buying hats.

I really really really want to see new content but they have us all convincing each other that we don't really want new content.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rockit

Also this 2.5 year PC beta is over. I hope the PS4 version kicks in some serious cash or it might be so long PS2.
  5. pnkdth

And now they're going add a game mode called Battlefield, err, sorry, "Conquest Mode." A game mode that is really telling of the creative muscle within DBG... It is essentially exactly what we have now but with a f***ing leaderboard. Even better, this game mode reinforces the point that the farm is the only thing that matters.

Battle island. Nope. Inter-continent lattice. Nope. Resource revamp completion. Nope. TDM instanced battle which removes a big chunk of players away from the open world? Yes, because nothing could possibly go wrong here. Then again, it is kinda refreshing to see, them being honest about wanting to be Battlefield even if it means slowly but surely killing everything that is planetside.

In the past I was excited, and recommended this game to my friends but now when they ask, I'm forced to say "Yeah, um, they're still working on it... Yeah, I know.... I said that 1 year ago."
  6. Haquim

You forgot the second part of the "lethality adjustment" or whatever they called it.

And yes, I agree. I'm starting to wonder whether I should dig for UT3 and see whether there are people playing onslaught instead.
  7. DirArtillerySupport

I was kind of excited by the Hoth gameplay movie from Battlefront 3...then I read about their MASSIVE 20vs20 player maps.

If I was able to “instance” any kind of gameplay with everyone on my friends list, squad or platoon there is no doubt I would do it. We already do it. It would only be used to warm up and goof off before entering the big fight plus it would cost certs or cash for time.

It sounds more and more like Daybreak is splitting people up into manageable sizes to cover up unfix-able problems related to scale. It took me almost 2 years to get my friends to finally try the game. I predict firing up Battlefront 3 will be a major disappointment because we'll be back where we started...Battlefield. There's no going back to that once you've been stung by the Planetside bug.
  8. pnkdth

Yepp, Battlefield style games are ruined for me. It doesn't exactly look like DICE is going to do anything interesting with Battlefront either. Playing it very safe by the looks of it. Also, with EA/DICE you just know you're going to have to fork up full price + paid DLC after paid DLC to be able to stay in the game.

I like smaller scale FPS games too though but yeah, like you say, going back to Battlefield(in whatever form) just doesn't work anymore.