So wraith flashes with c4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShineOut, Feb 5, 2015.

1. ShineOut

Yesterday we won the alert for 50% on vehicles so i went on Indar and pulled a Magrider to fight some TR armor. Three times this kamikaze wraith flash with c4 keeps coming out of no where. Like it really amazed me, I saw him explode near other teammates to.

So here I am shooting a tank and BOOM. Okay, okay he got me. Pulls another, starts shooting at armor from a different position, a few minutes later, BOOM. I'm like okay that's twice. So finally I pull a third one and go on the flank, what do you know i see him, but it's to late. I bail and he kills my tank along with himself again.

I really don't have words to express my feelings towards this. I said forget it and went to fight NC cause my gosh.
  2. Ronin Oni

That does cost 200 nanites per attempt so not quite sure how he managed to do it so often.
  3. _itg

Maybe TR had Amerish locked. But yeah, there's a reason you don't see this tactic more often, and that's that there are much more resource-efficient ways to kill tanks.
  4. Spazmatism

How was he blowing up the c4 if he was an infiltrator...?
  5. ColonelChingles

But you should have had SITUATIONAL AWARENESSTM!

Apparently situational awareness means to be aware of all things around you at all times and from all angles, and if you so much as for a second fail to have eyes on the back of your head then you are obviously a no-good, terrible player.

Despite the fact that when you're shooting at stuff in a tank your field of view is much smaller than that of an infantry player and even 3d person view doesn't let you see too far behind yourself.

See, the "situational awareness" argument does make sense... to a certain extent. If a player truly is engrossed in tunnel vision and essentially has given up on looking in other directions, sure they deserve to be C4 bait.

But the problem is that for C4 kills, you can just look away for a second and suddenly explode. Maybe you were trying to be "situationally aware" of the other side or something. This is unfair to players, because no one can look everywhere at the same time.

So how do we make a balanced solution to C4 that will penalize tankers who sit-n-spam but are not unduly powerful against tankers who happened to look left for a second when they should have looked right?

It's not that hard actually. Just have C4 in an anti-armor role require 2-3 seconds to place and set. If just dropped or detonated, C4 will act as a general explosive that will have a spherical blast radius but do nothing to tanks. However if that C4 is actually placed on a vehicle and set, then the C4 becomes a focused shaped charge and will only damage the vehicle that it is placed on.

Of course this would negate the entire role of suicidal Wraith Flashes, but that's not a bad thing. Worst comes to worst you could achieve the same thing by having a LA in the back seat of the Flash who pops out and places the charge. You even save nanites by being able to reuse the Flash that way! :D
    • Up x 1
  6. z1967

Its kinda hard for Magriders though, too easy to sneak up on even with a gunner :|
    • Up x 1
  7. ColonelChingles

My experience with Magmowers is that unless they are absolutely still I won't try to C4 them... due to the risk of becoming Magrider-shaped myself!

Same reason why I tend not to repair them... you can never tell which direction they'll scoot off in. :p
  8. Trebb

It costs 250 nanites, so with your half off armor it's sort of a wash. Cheesy as hell, but no use complaining about it, as when they buff tanks, it'll take at least 3 C4, so it would cost more per 'attempt' at a suicide flash than actually pulling a vehicle to challenge you ;)

I've Ji-had jeeped a few times, only after dying to a farming MBT. It's glorious fun, give it a go.
  9. Catalyist

This game is about war. Some people use guerilla tactics...

Yeah it's cheesy. But so are booby traps and poisonous snakes tied to branches to bit your face off.

C4 flashes are pretty rare, no need to cry nerf or something.
    • Up x 1
  10. PrimePriest

IMHO it's better to find occupied enemy Sundy and go on cloaked roadkill rampage.
    Pros: cheaper, more hilarious
  11. Pikachu

Drive close to something and use fury splash damage to hurt your flash.
  12. ShineOut

Not crying for a nerf, just find it funny. Cloaked flash comes and instagibbing you out of no where is pretty funny.
  13. Liewec123

requirements:
    a flash with Wraith and Fury, a class with C4

step 1: as infiltrator pull out your wraith fury flash
    step 2: at a terminal switch to your c4 class and plonk the c4 on the front (or one on top if you're targeting magriders)
    step 3: switch back to infiltrator and go hunting!
    step 4: when you find a target ram in to it, fire the fury and the aoe damage will detonate the c4, boom! :D

14. MahouFairy

Connery? Well, hope you see me next time too. xD
  15. Ronin Oni

fury mounted on the front. Decloak right before you ram and fire on impact.
    • Up x 1