So why make a PMB anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheEmancipator, Apr 18, 2020.

1. TheEmancipator

Glad i spent 30 minutes building a nice base pretty deep in my territory to only have 3 guys from a larger outfit show up with those bombs (which you can barely hear) and blow everything up. Is there a point to building PMBs anymore unless you have a big outfit to defend them? Yay, outfitside!!!!
  2. TRspy007

Was there any point in building them in the first place?

Also idk but those bombs didn't seem as effective as just using C4 or mines to blow up construction stuff.
  3. karlooo

There are actually some spots you can build and be very useful when the fight happens but not many. As an example Mao Watchtower:

[IMG]

Your teammates spawn at the tower. Your base gives access to a second heavily defended spawn in case the main gets overrun by tanks, provides a firing position, and defends the Sunderer garage in front.

Building bases is a very frustrating and time consuming task. The objective gets captured quicker than you can have your PMB ready and sometimes your own teammates don't come to help even in my example above, where you're defending the objective with incredible effectiveness.
    The defenses are very weak, not building or even building the OS is a death sentence because it shows on the map and all enemy tanks will attack it first.

At the end it's not really worth to build PMB's currently. It's much much more effective to just play as regular infantry.
    Construction is unique but has no future if the devs don't make some smart changes to the game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

there are some bases on hossin that are so big that you can actually put a spawn tube near some of the capture points!
    personally i think they should remove no construction zones entirely and make construction work with no deploy zones instead
  5. TRspy007

really? what bases?
  6. Liewec123

no idea what they're called (i usually avoid hossin) but its the ones with several buildings and 3 cap points.
    • Up x 1
  7. Crayv

Between the fact that the no build zones are extremely large and how close together the bases are finding a good area to build is almost impossible. That isn't even counting that nearly all of the terrain is an uneven mess in the name of ascetics. A while back I remember getting all the way from the warpgate to the center of the map without ever leaving a no build area.

Either the no build areas should be shrunk down and maybe go off more like no deploy zones and/or reduce the number of bases.
    • Up x 2
  8. TheEmancipator

If they could shrink the no deploy zones, that would be awesome. Then maybe the flail could be tactically used other than destroying enemy bases and easier to hide. I think the new bombs must be meant to discourage the OS spam because you show up on the map. If thats the case, there arent too many reasons to build a base if you are a small outfit or a single player like myself. My buddy and i had all the defenses in place (AI turrets, pain spires, etc) but there were only 2 of us. the AI deterents are a joke so we couldnt kill them and find their bombs which are not loud at all. Also, we dont get access to the same outfit items because we are such a small outfit. I dont really want to be forced to join a zergfit to get access to all the new stuff. It's just...frustrating because i enjoy building bases that can help our faction.