So why exactly is NC the only faction with zero-risk AV?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TetholinTR, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Somentine

That's 100m. Even at that range the base RLs will nearly double DPS both the deci and pheonix.

Go to 200m and watch how you add ~8 or 9 seconds to the TTK.
  2. blackboemmel

I am sure you would understand after trying to aurax the Phoenix once. If you don't have enough time for this real test: Try at least to achieve a gold medal with it. 160 kills with that OP launcher should be possible in one session, right? Go for it, come back when you finally understand what you are talking about. :p
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

Its not zero risk.

First of all, if you look at the stats it more or less gets similar vehicle kills per user as the Deci, except that even after dividing by 3 the Deci still has twice to three times the users compared to the Phoenix.

The reasons are simple. There are few places to shoot as safely from as you claim. You cant do a 90 degree turn with it before it disappears, so you need cover with a specific angle or to potentially hit a target, which means more often than not you need to have distance of your cover which makes you vulnerable to attack. In most instances its safer to pop up and shoot a deci than it is to try and find an angle to fire the Phoenix from.
    That is actually a core problem with the Phoenix: you ARE vulnerable. Safe places to fire from are few and far between. This is a weapon you pick for a specific engagement, not for regular use. You cant move and you cant see while steering the missile, leaving you vulnerable to anyone who spots you.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Ok, I re-read it. You're still wrong. "instance of damage" and "damage per second" are still impacted by the total reload time. Not JUST the reload time, the total reload time. And the phoenix cannot start it's reload until after the missile finishes travel. The deci can start it's reload right away.

It doesn't matter which metric you measure, they are both impacted by this mechanic.

You can double, triple, quadruple down on your stupid math but until you get this concept everyone just gonna keep laughing at your ragefit.
    • Up x 2
  5. RabidIBM

My dude, take it from a TR main, the Phoenix is a meme launcher. It has terrible DPS and can be thrown off my being shot at. It's basically a waster of time. I say this as someone who has a BR 89 NC alt and I have tried to make the Phoenix useful.
    • Up x 3
  6. RRRIV

problem with this math, deci has a 5.7 reload time. a second instance of damage is deployed in that flight time frame. meaning the deci DPS is 2 shots to the phoenix's 1. 875<1950.
  7. OpolE

Because it was in Planetside 1 and that's how it is. Can we please go back to Planetside 1 with thinking. Especially metagame
    • Up x 1
  8. brutes359

I actually have to agree with Damigan here slightly. The NC phoenix launcher is an extremely high-risk weapon that ultimately leaves little maneuvering room purely because of how it operates. In volley fire, they can be deadly as they can be fired behind friendly lines, but snipers and A2G still make this incredibly risky.

The real value I have found with this launchers is when they are vehicle mounted and I believe I have mentioned this fact before. If you put one on the back of a cloaked flash, they turn the vehicle into a de-facto stealth artillery's weapon that can bring ruin to sunderers and unsuspecting tanks due to the ability of the operator to continue piloting the missile even after cloaking again.

However, just like the striker valkery squads, this is an example of teamwork and thus it should not be punished as it requires good coordination to be effective.

What I want to know is why there are still people crying to have NC hit the with the nerf hammer again when they remain the single most repeatedly nerfed faction in the game (by volume of nerfs as apposed to power of nerfs) with TR being second and VS being third. I mean, what? Its not good enough that they have the worst MBT in the game (statistically proven now), some of the hardest to control infantry weapons in the game, relatively useless directive weapons (some of which have recently been nerfed, courtesy of Wrel) worse shotgun ranges than VS (on the faction that literally worships shotguns), the most overnerfed maxes in the game, AND the least flexible rocket launcher in the game? Now you want to nerf them AGAIN?