so why are the VS complaining about there pistols?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tf2hero, May 26, 2014.

1. tf2hero

i just don't get it they halve the beamer a 167 damage pistol (a emperor with 4 less shots) that is quite spamable and has a decent clip size if 17.
    then they halve the manticore a 200 damage pistol (pretty much a mag-shot) a pretty solid pistol overall also good fore the price of 250 certs.
    and then the Cerberus a 250 damage slow firing weapon (a rebel that is worse) and i can agree that is is kinda bad weapon in stats and for the price of 1000 certs

so overall the vanu got some pretty solid sidearms and they should not be complaining about them (unless you are talking about the Cerberus then go at it) but always remember VS the inquisitor is worse
  2. Pat22

I'm not sure but it's something along the lines of they're all a worse version of another empire's pistol.
    • Up x 12
  3. tf2hero

well then in that case everyone will be complaining about anything in a matter of seconds
  4. Pat22

I don't know, if that's actually the case it may be valid grounds for complaining.
    Knowing that whatever pistol you equip, another empire has a better version of the same thing.
  5. NyaR

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  6. DashRendar

Worst default pistol - Beamer isn't technically bad, maybe just boring, but compared to the Repeater and Mag-Shot, yeah it's bad. Have to spend 250 certs to get a Mag-Shot equivalent with 50m/s lower velocity with nothing gained in return.

Worst faction pistol - The Cerberus is a confused Rebel without the range to make it worthwhile.

No short range specializing pistol - TR has Repeater and NC has Desperado, the best VS has is the Beamer, which isn't very good at short range.
    • Up x 3
  7. Bankrotas

I guess because Beamer is highest skill cap weapon out of all 3 starter pistols, that requires macro or inhuman hands to operate at max proficiency.
    • Up x 1
  8. minhalexus

Best and worst can be determined by even the smallest of differences.

The VS only needs a burst fire pistol at this point, and they're good.
  9. Mongychops

I personally use the Manticore on 90% of my loadouts, it does the job, one thing to bear in mind is that the VS generally have the lowest damage per magazine on their weapons, so find having a reliable pistol pretty important.

I think the issues the VS have are:

1) Due to the necessary spam clicking, the beamer is lacking compared to the other factions burst pistols. Yeah the inquisitor is worse for this though.

2) The VS do not have a long effective range pistol 15m max damage)
  10. tf2hero

pistols don't need to be long range
  11. Tommyp2006

Because they don't have a burst pistol
    • Up x 1
  12. Udnknome

"The Beamer is as Effective as a Flashlight" is an old PS1 joke. Those that don't know this are just jumping on a non-existent band wagon.

(and the veterans are laughing at you) :p
    • Up x 3
  13. TriumphantJelly

[IMG]
    Oh... Wait, you're serious.

How about because the Beamer is a worse inquisitor, and you need to click 9 times a second to achieve full DPS.
    The Manticore is the Mag-shot, that you have to buy.
    The Cerberus is worse than the manticore in every way but alpha damage at 1m.
    THERE ARE NO BURST PISTOLS.
    VS have the most terrible pistols ever, we would lose all battles focussed on sidearms and/or when resorting to sidearms, if it weren't for NS pistols.
    • Up x 1
  14. TriumphantJelly

The Inquisitor actually has a better time: Click 5 times a second to achieve full DPS. Beamer takes an unearthly 9.
  15. LibertyRevolution

I want an NS version of the TR repeater pistol.
    Whatever burst pistol they make for the VS will be crap, you will probably have to charge it up to make it burst fire... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  16. Epic High Five

It's a reasonable thought, but the Rebel has taught me otherwise. The difference between 8m and 15m worth of maximum damage is huge because <8m is a LOT less common than >8m, and pistol damage dropoff is pretty steep so stretching it is your best bet.

It's like a little midrange battlerifle as a sidearm

VS pistols have the best sights but the least worthwhile damage profiles to put on target. It's almost funny. Playing as NC main, I just use a revolver when I play VS. If I was full time I'd probably use the poor man's Mag Shot knockoff in the Manticore
    • Up x 1
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

because we have no dps beast aka burstfire pistol like the NC and TR do
  18. Mongychops

We're talking long range for a pistol. The Rebel and the Emperor have a maximum damage range up to 15m, which means the Rebel keeps its 4 shot kill to that distance, and the Emperor stays a 6 shot kill to that distance. One of the problems with the Cerberus is that it is a weapon that relies on high damage individual shots to have a low TTK, but then will take an extra bullet to kill, if only one of those shots is from further than 8m, going from 4 body shots to 5. This makes 15m max damage profile weapons pretty useful on infiltrators, either when you are using Stalker cloak, or a high magnification sniper, and you need to use a pistol primary (and don't like the Commissioner).

Also, all VS pistols have shotgun-like bullet velocity, VS pistols are 300-325 m/s, NC are 350-375 m/s, and TR are 375-390 m/s. This is annoying enough on its own, and more so when combined with a suppressor.

All the VS wants is a little more variety, which is the same problem with our carbines and ARs.
  19. Prudentia

You know what was considered to be the worst weapon in the game for a long time? Beamer w/ Flashlight
    tough now a beamer with a flashlight is atleast a Flashlight, without it it's just a Beamer...
  20. FieldMarshall

But, but. It had AP mode so you can go head to head with tanks and MAXes to compensate...
    /SOEbalance
    • Up x 1