So... who has actually been 'beaten' by Aegis Shield?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, May 23, 2013.

1. Chiss

I've been killed because of Lockdown Bursters and ZOE AI...

Has anyone actually been killed by someone using Aegis Shield yet?

Plenty of people talk about super cool formations and team work, but has this actually happened?
    Anyone got a video of Shield being used effectively to capture a base?

Every time i use Aegis Shield, i feel like i'm just giving the enemy free time to try to kill me, reload or run away.
    • Up x 10
  2. Zan_Aus

Possibly not but I've seen an NC MAX take an absolutely unbelievable shellacking using one. Its a purely 100% defensive play, Lockdown is 100% offensive and ZOE is 50/50%.

I think its going to take longer than a day for people to work out cool stuff to do with it. Its also more useful to outfits and people with voice comms so that skews it a bit as well.
    • Up x 2
  3. y3ivan

charge>1 directional shield
    • Up x 4
  4. Prudentia

My squad tried to take the new allatum outpost:
    3 Maxes, 2Medics, 4Engis (2in a mag) 4 heavies
    we were on the stairs in the building next to the jumppad, when we suddenly got taken out by 4 maxes, 2 from each side, blocking the door and switching position everytime one bad to reload, we were all dead in 3 reloads D:
  5. Zitroxious

shieldwall maxes, if only nc had enough organisation to make a phalanx or testudo lol
    • Up x 7
  6. Vorxil

As a ZOE Max, yes I have. Granted, big firefight, but he got the kill.
  7. Chiss

I call lies.
    If you all just shot at the MAXes, their shields would almost instantly break.
    Shield can absorb about 2 carbine clips before breaking.

If you actually lost to a Squad to 4 MAX units who were using shields, you are really bad...
    And in this situation, the MAXes probably would've killed you even faster if they weren't wasting time using Shield.
    • Up x 7
  8. ACE McFACE

Even if you don't do all that fancy sheild wall stuff you can still reload while using the shield. Thats pretty good.
  9. Chiss

No, you can't. Unless there's some trick or glitch i dont know?
  10. Brusilov [TR]

The reason you can't melee as a scat max...

Breaking reload is a death sentence.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hagestol

Harder to use, but more potential

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  12. Chiss

That picture is a bunch of idiots running up a hill.... They will be decimated by any amount of explosives...

Stop posting this picture in every thread, it is not any kind of evidence that the shield is good.
    Instead, show a video of a group like this, beating another group of equal or bigger size.

Also, the fact you like the 9th Doctor makes all your posts invalid.
    • Up x 12
  13. Prudentia

Well you can call Artorius bad... but i wouldn't, bad for your Death counter.
    And they might have killed us faster, but they would have taken a huge amount of dmg and we might have even killed them. but our medics and engis were instadead as we stayed down the stairs and got shredded into cute litte bloody Pieces of Vanu. and the maxes were upstairs and couldn't even concentrate fire as there was not enough room. and as far as i know the heavies pulled out their decis , so we just killed in a short strafe from a small squad
    • Up x 1
  14. Bankrotas

Try it, first. I did reloads under the shield effect.
  15. Chiss

I did. I had shield up. Hit reload. Nothing.
    I tried starting a reload before shielding, the shield cancels it.
    Etc.

Cannot reload with shield up.
    • Up x 1
  16. Hagestol

9th doctor reigns supreme.

And it shows that the shield can be used as utility. When they fix the not taking explosives thing it will be awesome. Imagine these things in CQC, used to push. This is the only ability that scares me.
    • Up x 1
  17. Chiss

Thats why he only got 1 season ;)

They break in 2 carbine clips. You cannot push against any sort sort of legitimate defense.
    • Up x 3
  18. Hagestol

It breaks in five tank shots. Its all in how you look at it. And the closing time you gain with those two carb clips is the difference in dying to range and killing people within shotgun range.

And one season is best season! I'd rather have this than the whiny complainy crying 10th doctor. "I don't want to go" q_Q!
    • Up x 1
  19. Bankrotas

I'll retry when I get back from work and get back at you.
    Shield is still crap, for one main reason, my character gets too much tunnelvision and i can't see beyond enemy infront of me.
    And, if anyone is gonna say "look around", you're a ******* idiot.
    • Up x 2
  20. Moody One

You can but it requires a set order of events

1) Fire guns
    2) Start Reloading
    3) Now Raise shield - reload will continue
    4) once reload complete drop shield
    5) repeat from 1

now if only the NC could get a decent mid range AI gun it would be great
    • Up x 4