So who else is compelled to play less infantry...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Vortok, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Vortok

...when not in a MAX.

Went to a terminal.

"Oh hey, I'm down one grenade and two medkits. I'll top those off."

*spawn Frac max for incoming vehicle zerg*
    *walk outside and lockdown on the tower*
    *game crashes instantly*

Load back in and I don't have resources to spawn another MAX and won't until long after the vehicle zerg has surrounded the base.

I can appreciate having to make a decision between spamming infantry (consumables) or heavy MAX usage, but that just makes me consider certing a vehicle or two on that alt. That way I wouldn't be tempted to use consumables while running around as infantry since they cut into the MAX budget. Maybe a Banshee + fuel pod with eventual racer frame (to outrun air) Mosquito to be an infantry farming jerk - fairly cheap, too. Should at least get daily ribbons at a reasonable rate if I don't fly like garbage (a strong possibility).
  2. [HH]Mered4

...maybe you should cert into heavy assault a bit more. When played right, they are just as survivable as a MAX, and just as devestating....and much, much cheaper. Certing into a good harasser loadout will also help you immensely, as it is cheap to pull and lasts a while if need be.

And this is a combined arms game. To win a battle (except in a biolab) you MUST pull vehicles. There are no exceptions. If you dont like to, thats fine, but remember that you might run out of inf resources much quicker that way. Its how the game works.
  3. Liewec123

thats how it is now anyway, if dome shields go live and we end up playing Biolabs 2 the only use for vehicles will be transporting infantry and afking outside the walls while bases are capped :p
  4. Pikachu

Made me giggle. :D
  5. Vortok

That alt has some certs into HA - pretty sure it's the most played class, too. Med kits (large part of making HA survivable) cost quite a few resources though, and you can blow through a lot pretty fast if you want/need to, which means less MAX time.

The alt is basically there to play a MAX as how the class plays is a bit unique compared to standard infantry fare (different playstyles than usual more or less being the point of my alts in the first place). If I wanted to spam HA I could just cert it and do that on my main - no need for an alt to do that. Not like most of the infantry weapons are all that different between factions.

I don't mind the cost of dying as a MAX being high, as it's just something to keep in mind as you position yourself. Just when costs of playing normal infantry significantly cuts into the ability for the character to perform its main purpose (play a MAX) that I start looking for alternate options when I need to regen infantry resources.

The Harasser is a decent point. And the Marauder is right there, as it's a TR character. Not much more expensive than a Banshee, and I'd probably be better off on the ground than in the air anyway (especially with incoming A2A toys). Would also be keeping to faction specific weapons too, aka stuff I couldn't do/use on my main. Still means less infantry playtime for that character when not a MAX, but I was getting sick of the CARV anyway.
  6. [HH]Mered4

Oh don't count on it. I will find a way to make vehicles matter in Biolabside 2. Beware the HE-Mineguard Prowler! :p
    Heck, I'll slip my marauder harasser inside an AMP station and just facemelt all the infantry. :cool:
  7. [HH]Mered4

People sick of the CARV?!

NO WAY!

ME TOO!