So when will the patch come out?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Bape

I hope they aren't planning on releasing it after SOE LIVE?
  2. HadesR

Next week I guess ..

David Carey @dcarey7761

·
    July update status: We've made great progress today and are down to one more bug to fix; we are targeting early next week
  3. Pikachu

No patch this week.
  4. VSDerp

on tuesday bape geesh do i gotta tell you everything?? how about you do some research next time scrub!
  5. TheShrapnelKing

No monthy patch even on the last day.

Am I surprised? NO.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ken Photon

They'll be off by 4-5 days... Is that really that much of a sin?
  7. Bape

Don't make me go on my VS and tk you
    • Up x 1
  8. TheShrapnelKing

THey NEVER meet deadlines. EVER. Why do they even bother? If you set a deadline and then consistenly never meet any deadlines, all that tells me is that you're either to stupid to understand how much time your job will take, or you're too incompetent to get it done in time even though it is possible to do so.
    • Up x 2
  9. Ken Photon

Or an unexpected bug popped up...? These kinds of things happen sometimes. I know that SOE has a bad track record of keeping timelines, but at least this patch is coming a few days after it was supposed to instead of a few months. It's not perfect, but it's definitely an improvement.
  10. Elrobochanco

Estimates and targets are not deadlines.
    • Up x 1
  11. Leftconsin

The only deadlines are "Can we publish on time this week? If not: next week."
  12. Bonom Denej

Exactly, they've stated this several times in the past and that's why they completely remade de Roadmap after PU02, people were misunderstanding targets and goals with deadlines. It's a general idea of when an update will come out but it's still up to bug popping out of nowhere needing to be fixed.
  13. ThePropain

14. HadesR

Sadly in a lot of cases it's

" Late and still broken! "
    • Up x 1