So when is the new content coming ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Iridar51

Sorry mr. grammar ****, I'll try to make less fewer mistakes in the future :rolleyes:
    What I meant was "while new continent would be new content, that's not all this thread is about, so don't talk like it is".
  2. ZBrannigan

people insultingly asking if others can or can't read should be able to write. makes you a hypocrite, "i expect you to make effort to 'read' my comments properly........ but i won't put the effort into writing them as such"

since when did people have to refer to ALL the specific content than the bit they are interested in?
  3. Iridar51

Dude. English is not even my born language. People still say I wield it pretty good. I may not unconsciously know the difference between "did lost" and "did lose", but I'm pretty sure it's smaller than the difference between "content" and "continent".
    English and its tenses. :rolleyes: In Russian, we have 3 tenses. Somehow we manage.
    So your captious eye caught a small grammar mistake, but didn't see in these posts below that authors clearly misread the topic?
  4. ZBrannigan

maybe you shouldn't have been so insulting in the first place.
    'continents' are a valid topic within a 'content' related thread......... as you also said.

regardless of language, you(anyone) should put the same care into writing as you EXPECT me(or again, anyone) to put into reading it.
    your english is pretty good, just not good enough to call others out on their comprehension.

there is another thread with a very similar title, and it's still relevant to this anyway.
  5. pnkdth

Bill just recently joined the team and they changes they're working on is based on his direction so it would be strange to expect them to work on this before he re-joined the team.

Automated turrets are a fairly new reveal, and has only been mentioned in passing as something they would like to add at some point. Previously they've talked more about deployable shields but I think auto turrets will make for a much more interesting touch(and the potential for more complex base defences is interesting to say the least.

Knife update was never a priority.

So I don't see how this stuff should, or even could, be in the game already. A road map is good to have, but just like in real life you will get lost and miss things on the way. Some things might not even practical or doable in terms of both gameplay and performance, or proves to be a bigger challenge than anyone would have thought. I mean, it isn't like there is a model for SOE to follow. A MMOFPS on this scale has not been done. Things will break, thing won't work, and the road map is not, and never was, a promise.

Then there is the delicate balance between new content and bugs, and the sheer amount of stuff going on is PS2. That's a very thin line, indeed.
  6. Gallant

We got Hossin, Valkyrie, and weapons for content this year. No meta game or extra gameplay features though, which is what we need. Other content has been a "what can we make to milk money out of our players" distraction
  7. asmodraxus

Hmm day after the last server closes?
  8. ZBrannigan

not really, sequels are most likely 'more and better' of the original IP. not always but thats the general intent.

they had an MMOFPS that outscaled everything else of the time, 10 years ago! a 'finished' game at launch, with auto turrets, and knives, and working 'resources', and 10 continents. and no redeploy wherever the hell you please.
    so there was a model before development of PS2 ever started. coincidentally it was called 'planetside' if you can believe it.
    • Up x 2
  9. pnkdth

I'm not sure I know what you mean by that. My point was due to Bill re-joining the team his creative direction needs to gain momentum, one of this plans involve making bases feel more unique(not just in base-design as in structure).

Yeah, I've heard of it. I've moved on though. Same as with EQ1, which is very dear to me, but I've accepted the fact it probably wouldn't work today even with an updated engine. I just heard some good news from "higby pls" though, apparently the next stage of the resource stuff is adding more base benefits.

I do see the issues but I think we need to look at where PS2 can go, not where PS1 used to be, in order to gain a deeper gameplay.
  10. ZBrannigan

i'm not funding an early access kickstarter for 12 years in the hope i'll get a game i want at the end.
    and putting a smart guy in now doesn't excuse the previous 3 years.

no, PS1 wouldn't work, thats why stuff gets 'remade' with sequels and improved upon(hopefully).
    i don't just want PS1, i want PS2 but better than PS1 in every way, and it isn't.
    PS2 can go see PS1 and open its bloody eyes.
    which it seems to have done by adding auto turrets and base benefits and ants and continental lattices etc etc, all stuff from PS1 that we should be ignoring according to you............. and yet you're more excited than i am for this stuff.