So what is the point of burst weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Nov 19, 2013.

1. GSZenith

^
    -SABR.

like what is the point of it o_O (bought the stock LA/engi just to try it out and meh can i've my 230 certs back please :(
  2. Ryme

No. You could've tried it in VR or trialed it. You lose the certs just on principle. :p
  3. CaptainYamerica

Some people like the control it can provide better. Sadly most burst fire capable weapons pale in comparison to potential TTK to other similar weapons.

I think it more comes down to personal preference more than anything else.
    • Up x 2
  4. GSZenith

no moving targets in VR :(
  5. Prudentia

Depot-> Purchase-> stop
    Move mouse to blue part of the purchase window
    play for 30 minutes
  6. Isokon

All burst variants have lower horizontal recoil and moving ads COF than their full auto variants. Whether that is worth losing full auto is different question.
    If we are talking about burst variants among weapons, their TTK is identical to their full auto versions.
    • Up x 2
  7. AlienDung

Burst fire is good for shooting at a moving target at mid to long range. One of the bullets of the burst you'll usually hit.
    • Up x 1
  8. Aractain

They are the hardmode. If you claim to be skilled but haven't got most of your kills using burst guns who really runs the factory? Who knows the full pipe? What brings the moon low on dark nights?

Indeed.
    • Up x 2
  9. GSZenith

when i use stock almost all bullet hits @ long range and i get a kill, burst, well hitting more than 1 bullet per burst @range, ha...no.

moo?
  10. CaptainYamerica

Not really. there is a delay between "pulling the trigger" with burst fire weapons. Full auto, if you hit with every shot, will be faster than a burst fire weapon of the same extent.
  11. MrK

SABR13 is not a burst variant, it's the hard hitting TR AR (like VS Corvus or NC DMR), it just also appear to be a burst weapon, its perk is a 1st shot recoil multiplier <1, which is unique amongst all infantry weapons. It's not more precise on the move than anything else, since it's not a burst variant

TR Burst variant AR is the T1B Cycler. This one, and all other variants, have twice a tighter CoF in ADS while on the move, making them good in medium range when moving in ADS. That's the little perk of the Burst variant that you may, or not, feel comfortable with.
  12. Kumaro

To be honest testing 3shot burst weapons and burst modes on other weapons and also manually bursting i barley notice any difference in the vertical or horizontal recoil at all. Most weapons designed around a burst mode usually have quite impressive handling overall to compensate for their lack of fire rate :/
  13. DashRendar

The point is they are there so you don't have to use them.
  14. SpaceKing

So you can stab and shoot at the same time.
  15. Unclematos7

None. The SABR is the only one because it is designed for it. The carbines and ARs don't have reduced first shot recoil to compensate for being stuck in burst/single shot. You can durst/single shot just fine with your stock carbine/AR.
  16. Tommyp2006

I've used the trac 5 burst. It honestly wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't want a burst weapon as anything other than a med range weapon for a LA.
  17. Rabbitz

SABR is damn accurate long distance shot for a burst fire rifle. Actually it design to be a long range marksman rifle but it really good in all situation if you ADS frequently.

The NC got mini version of it Gauss Rifle Burst, but nowhere accurate as SABR. it cheap anyway.
  18. FateJH

You can move.
  19. Isokon

Do you have a source for this?
  20. Lancener

It's really all about timing when you fire your next burst, if you spam it then you'll miss when it's the right time to fire again but if you time it right then it's burst after burst and it offers more control to people that aren't great at controlling their CoF.