So what exactly is broken on the mag, I'm confused

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Feb 7, 2013.

1. {joer

I haven't played my VS since GU too more than a few minutes and really didn't play my TR or NC much either due to the issues.

So I jump on my VS and decided to see what the fuss what about. I couldn't tell what the difference was. It still handles 10* better than a prowler or vanguard, and the Saron was barely touched.

So what exactly was nerfed?
  2. Zapon

...Sigh...this is the ...umpteenth thread with the exact same post almost

-Strafing speed doesn't properly work

inclines drastically affect strafing now
    Magburner no longer works on inclines-

Those are some of it- there's posts on the site with the full list,

Anyway, keep in mind the devs are also about to reduce the front armor on magriders even more(the general front armor, not the upgrade)
  3. Sharpe

The other tanks got balanced.
  4. Ashur

They nerfed the only big thing it had, it's hill climbing and strafing capabilities, now if you're on an even slight incline your whole tank is going to slow down to a crawl and not even the magburner will help you with that much.

It kinda makes the tank a bit on the bad side when you combine it's new slowness with the increased velocity on the TR and NC tanks. We have the weakest stats, both in terms of armor and in terms of velocity/damage which is fine, but nerfing the mobility of the tank while buffing the others in both damage and shell velocity kinda leaves the magrider in the old prowler's spot, aka lacking actual purpose and something that helps define it as an unique tank.
  5. Zapon

^not to mention, they said they were going to fix the traction bug thatthey added in december- and they still didn't, but the magrider now has a HARDER time climbing hills.

I dont understand why it's so hard to revert to the way it was before when everyone could climb up the hills without issues.- but there's a lot more issues than this, also
  6. {joer

Magrider has the same armor as a prowler, unless they stealth nerfed that, its still the same.

Perhaps because I'm not used to ever going up an incline in a prowler I can't see the problem as clearly. Just being able to zig zag around obstacles seems like heaven.