So... wasn't the ESF update supposed to be in GU12?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spookydodger, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

I didn't see any lockon changes or ESF updates in GU12. Did I miss a patch note?
    • Up x 1
  2. Benton!

It was not planned for GU12 as far as I know.
  3. SNAFUS

• Up x 1
  4. Ash87

According to twitter they wanted to tweak the lockon changes some more.
  5. MarlboroMan-E

Higby said 13 or more probably 14 on twitter.
  6. Mr_Giggles

That's too bad, I was looking forward to the changes.
    • Up x 1
  7. treeHamster

Wow, they could have at least done their tweaks to the rotaries. I mean it's another month of the crappiest ESF.

I couldn't care less about a new weapon for my ESF, just buff the freakin' Turbolaser.
  8. Benton!

9. Riku

According to Higgybiggy postponed to earliest GU14, so possibly later.
  10. CEGrif

some of the ESF update is coming in GU13
  11. Van Dax

Its coming in pieces spread between gu13 and 14
  12. Benton!

I heard we are getting part of the update (lockon changes) in GU13 so they can see how they work for balancing the rest of the update. GU14 sounds right.
  13. chrisbeebops

Doubt it will happen, but hopefully we get this:
    GU13: Esamir lattice
    GU14: Amerish lattice
    GU15: ESF update

I don't imagine the ESF update will come any time soon. They are proposing some pretty hefty updates, and there isn't anything on the test server yet. But it looks like work for the Esamir and Amerish lattices has already begun on the test server. Hopefully they can polish them up over the next few weeks.
  14. tastyBerryPunch

A bit of topic, is GU13 coming out next week or 2 weeks from GU12, since GU12 was delayed 1 week?
  15. ent|ty

I think the ESFs need more speed. Ground forces have adapted to their speed and now is sharpshooting them out of the sky with ease.
    Everyone and his dog can shoot me down now, and I them.

in the cockpit, I've either adjusted, or become more sensitive to the danger ground forces pose to me, and it feels slower than it should be.

THe only thing keeping me playing irregularly, is no lattice on Esamir (my favourite continent). If lattice is there, than i'm uninstalling, and going to play Lunar Lander or something.
  16. Pikachu

You're supposed to like lattice! You all screamed for ps1 lattice since release.
  17. CEGrif

pretty sure GU13 is next week
  18. ent|ty

Not me sir, I liked the freedom of choice and style of play that open areas gave me. Lattice, IMO has only taken the choice away and concentrated the Zerg even more.
  19. SgtBreastroker

I can already guarantee one of these will be pushed back.
  20. Tekuila

Oh I thought you were talking about the mossie.