So.. Um why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SikVvVidiT, Jan 31, 2020.

1. SikVvVidiT

Do I have to pump "certain" people with so many shots before they die.. Yet most people who have pretty much the same class, rank, shields, nanoweave etc do not take anywhere near that much damage... And it's not the implants, they pretty much running around with the Flavor of the year Implants of Assimilate / Surv...

Before I accuse them of hacking, since I've read you can adjust your damage by playing with the client files.. And in turn I'm pretty sure you probably can adjust the damage you take.. Is there something else that I am missing?

Like I said I don't want to jump to the hacking angle.. But this is planetside, and these developers are not known for their ability to stop people from hacking their game, Planetside 1 or 2... So is there anything else I might be missing? LIke some type of perk or something? Hell I don't know I've been gone or years.
  2. Rooklie

there's more than one answer, don't stop reading after the first one cause it's not the only answer :p

as university professors would say :

"all other things being the same", the answer to your question would be if or whether your shots actually hit, and to be specific, where they hit.

It's happened to me a few times that I was convinced I hit a player a few times in the head and he or she didn't die, so I thought he was cheating and checked shadowplay / instant replay, only to clearly see on the video that I missed, not by much, but I missed.

The other part of this question is where you hit. If you hit the legs or the body, you do A LOT less damage (like a HUGE AMOUNT LESS) damage than if you hit the head.

the type of shield and implants (and whether that person's shields at the time are depleted or not, whether his or her HP at the time is depleted or not) :

At any given time when you come face to face with an enemy, he could be coming out of a fight and have low HP. Or low shields.

The other thing is he could be using one kind of shield or another, if he's using adrenaline shield, and you're 2 vs him, and he kills your friend, his shield goes up, so the shots fired on him before that only hit the shield and now that it's up again, instead of killing him, you're hitting the shield (again).

Implants (that's a long story but it plays a role)

Tech stuff :
    What you see on your screen and what your enemy sees on his or her screen doesn't happen at the same "objective" time. (as a matter of fact, if you want to speak in absolutes, since you are in two different places in the real world, and time is relative, it doesn't happen at the same time in the real world either (though I'm just showing off here cause that doesn't make a difference:p ))..

So if you are fighting someone who lives close to the servers, or if you are fighting someone who lives far away from them, that makes a difference.

Not to mention the connection quality and connection speed of each player.

You could be dead cause the guy shot you on his screen while on your screen the guy is only just turning around.

Lastly, the hardware that each player is using makes a huge difference. For example, if you have a 144 Hz screen and 144 fps, that makes a very big difference. In particular, hardware contributes (in my experience) to whether, when you aim at the body, and shoot at the body, and your shots should hit the body, whether they actually do hit the body (hit detection).

4. Kill Screen
    It's bugged. You could sneak up to an unsuspecting lightning, place one c4, detonate it without killing it, shoot it with a rocket (without killing it) and it could be smoking, almost dead, but it aims at you and kills you, and the kill screen shows it has full health.

The kill screen isn't reliable.

5. Hacks :

Yes there are hackers in ps2, just like in all game. In fact, there's probably more hackers in PS2 than other games because PS2 is free to play so any banned hacker can simply make a new account.

That's the case for all free to play games and it's always been that way, but to be honest, (this is simply my personal opinion from experience), even though there are lots of hackers, for a 7 year old free to play game, it really isn't that bad.
    • Up x 2
  3. SikVvVidiT

Thanks for taking the time to write that, you had a lot of valid points.

But number 5 will always stick in my head, I've played Planetside since it first came out in 2003.. I remember facing guys like SGProphet and SGSwift and saying to myself, "Why do they seem to move faster then everyone else"... Then I heard other people whispering the same thing.. Then I looked up hacks and found programs like Speedstep that allowed you to run applications faster and when you ran it with planetside it made you move faster in game.. It took two years but after constant complaints about those two and others they finally got caught...

Now I find myself dealing with certain people in this game that just seem to know where you are at all times, take more damage, do more damage, able to spot and shoot at the same time (I thought macros like that were illegal?), etc.. And I go searching the net again only to find that there are hacks galore out for this game..

I really don't mind the obvious hackers, the ones that fly around and 1 shot kill people from under floors... But it's those ones that are not so obvious that get me...

I dunno maybe it could be the other things you pointed out.. But like I said I have played with some of the best of the best and held my own, but then there are those others ones that something just doesn't seem right...

Anyways thanks for the input, maybe I am just being paranoid...
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

i feel like some people are just blessed by the gods,
    i don't know if it is ping, location in relation to server, latency or a million other possibilities, but they seem blessed.
    i usually point at the prominent youtubers for examples of this,
    every time they run somewhere, or engage several enemies at once i just think "i'd be dead in 0.2 seconds if i tried that."
    and yet these people can take on squads and bullets just seem to not phase them.

there was a video awhile back by one of the youtubers and partway through his killstreak there are about 6 guys shooting at him in the open and he's only taking damage once or twice while he's out of cover for well over 5 seconds.
    • Up x 4
  5. Rooklie

Yeah there's for sure, 100%, I'm certain of it, some players are just faster in everything they do (and I don't mean thanks to any implant).

The thing I've always really struggled with with this game, is knowing, or at least making an educated guess, at whether my opponent is cheating or not.

You know as well as I do that if you play pretty well, kill lots of people, you're gona get tells accusing you of cheating even though you're not.

On the other hand, we know cheaters exist, I see them every day, and if the obvious ones are "obvious" to spot (duh), my issue is with players who "only cheat a little bit", or in ways that won't get them banned, cause they don't get banned.

Since I really don't get that, don't understand how it works, I can only speculate, so I can't really more than that tbh, cause I don't know if what I think is true or not.

___

edit -> I have played against obvious aimbotters before (the kind that shoots through walls, spawns sundy under the floor etc). That has helped me to (maybe) better idendity when someone is aimbotting. For example, I noticed they don't shoot in bursts, they don't need too.
    • Up x 1
  6. SULFERIX

2 words. Lag ****ters. if you are playing on connery people who take more damage are people who connect from Australia or Taiwan or china. Taiwan players are the worst. i cannot ever kill them with one magazine. They require 1.5 to 2 full magazines, all shots hitting with a few headshots to kill. most of this issue is NOT hackers, but instead lag ****ters. best way to avoid is to play during peak and if u play vs, play against nc or if u play nc, play against vs. tr have mostly pigs players, which is an entirely australian faction and even though they suck at the game and are easy to kill, any halfway competent members can **** all over you due to massive ping advantage.

tldr, look at clan tags when u die to a 'invincible' enemy, and things will start to make so much more sense. typically they give it away, like the pigs tag or the 'i am from taiwan' tag. They are lag ****ters, and the only way to avoid is to not fight them.
  7. SikVvVidiT

I have been looking at this too and notice that the "REALLY unbeatable" guys come on Emerald around 4 or 5 am...

Quick story, spectrum was working on the internet in the area last month one day and my ping was anywhere from 50-700.... result? I was destroying people and did not die ONCE! I logged on after about 5 minutes because it was kinda crappy on my part...

We asked them in Beta to have some type of ping check, since a lot of us got sick of that in PS1.. But King Everquest aka Higby ignored us, what else is new.
  8. SikVvVidiT

Yeah I have seen some as well, I know what your talking about... Yet I cannot forget what I found out about.. how it is possible to adjust the damage you take and give out in this game by messing with some files...

I read people talking about that on a hacker forums soo....

All I can say is if it seems fishy, maybe it is lol..

Another thing I will point out, how many people would watch a stream of a person if they constantly died all the time...I am not accusing all streamers of hacking, that would be stupid.. But since this game seems so easy to hack one can only wonder how many people HACK it to gain slight advantages..

I am not going to cry about it anymore, I will just move on when my sub expires and go back to other FPS games that kick/ban people. It just makes me a little frustrated that SOE/Daybreak hell what ever you wanna call yourselfs now doesn't seem to take a more active approach on hacking.. Even the obvious hackers are allowed to disrupt gameplay for hours at a time.
    • Up x 2
  9. TRspy007

I think you're being paranoid. There's not that many hackers, seriously. If it's a subtle "hack" chances are it's not a hack at all. CLientside plays a huge role in the weird stuff we see. Also, after 7 years, some people have become godlike in this game.
  10. SikVvVidiT

I think your wrong. I think prominent members have already been caught and banned before.. One comes to mind who WAS a member and leader of probably the best outfit in PS2 (INI ELITE).. since they won that Outfit Wars or whatever they called it. Hell they even beat Future Crew in two scrimmages and FC did win Outfits Wars in PS1 if I am not mistaken.

Hacks are common in this game, searches will lead you to a few forums talking about Planetside and how you adjust certain files and you get certain results..

Recently (past few weeks) on Emerald in the morning, a few guys have came on as TR and were seen levitating, shooting through the floor, and warping around the map killing people, they dont' have a CSM online anymore so we took matters in our own hands and just logged into TR and started to TK them... Those are just the guys that are obvious though, if you think some not so obvious guys are running around using ESP hacks and the like then you're fooling yourself.

But let's just let this thread die, I was just wondering if others shared my opinion and at this point it really does not matter anymore to me.
  11. WinterAero

I used to engage in these threads somewhat OP and you are correct in your implication; they are a waste of time. I used to be balanced in my approach at first (because I was willing to entertain the many flaws of online play and so forth) but one thing they never accounted for was why it was 'always' certain people. And of those people that they said were 'good' over half are now banned.. so that should give you a good account of why you should ignore the pathetic wastes of oxygen that turn up in threads like these. Such as the one idiot here claiming it isn't common, when they likely know fully well it is and do it themselves**. It is beyond common actually - and skilled vets would know it full well. Because they are experienced and know what being nuked instantly in improbable ways looks like, compared to ordinary play and connection issues.

The reason I don't bother anymore is in the manyfold. But suffice to say I spent time going to the hackers themselves and asking questions. There are forums aplenty. As this game started to tank (around the announcement of the BR splinter game) I finally found one of them who was losing interest in updating the hackware and gave us a brief insight into how many people are currently hacking on Cobalt. It operates by picking out those players who have a lock on another target at that current moment - and displaying how high their 'on target' accuracy is, whether its body or head; and whether they have an actual LoS/Line of Sight where they would actually be able to see their enemy in game.

He did that via streaming and tbh. Of the time, I think it was 4pm iirc - nearly 30% of the TR he was running through (Wasnt the busiest time of day granted), had when he encountered them a 100% head lock on targets... that were BEHIND walls. Tell me how you can follow someones head when you can't even see it? Its hard enough when you can see it to keep on target to a good player.

The game is pathetic. Don't worry about it. It's clearly been like this for years. Not everyone is a cheater but WAY more people than you think know precisely who is cheating now. Likely always did. Don't waste your breath anymore. Just play. The amount of subtle hackers in this game, would likely shock even the vets. Let alone unsure newbies.

** - You can find a certain cheat site specifically telling cheaters to hit threads like these with denial. It's not all that difficult. And explains why these threads are often the only ones they post in.
  12. That_One_Kane_Guy

A Heavy Assault Running Assimilate + Adrenaline Shield can end a fight with nearly full health and shields even if your own shots are connecting* simply by virtue of what those abilities & implants give you back when you are getting kills (Assim. 5 gives 200 shield on a headshot kill and A. Shield gives you ~40% shields back on a kill). Add Nanoweave Armor and network shenanigans to the mix and it is 100% possible for a HA to win a firefight with you and then appear in the kill screen as though he has taken almost no damage even if you did hit him several times.

*If you are not hitting headshots and the other guy is, the TTK disparity is already enough to make it look like they eat your bullets, but the extra implants and ability bonuses will simply further pad this perception and make it appear as if you are not even doing damage.
  13. adamts01

Can you find that video for us? Either post it here or Reddit?