So, uh... Sticky Grenades...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pat22, May 13, 2015.

1. Pat22

Why have they not had a reduction of blast radius like every other damaging grenade in the game yet?
  2. Iridar51

Personally, I think they went wrong way with their "nerf explosions" policy. Instead of reducing the area of effect, I'd prefer they reduced the damage. This way there will be less random OHKs and more actual crowd control, though of course, in that case, the number of grenades a player can carry should be limited.

Maybe move grenades to utility slot?
  3. Scr1nRusher

They are bugged right now since they ignore flak armor & how there is a spawn shield exploit bug happening lately.
  4. Pat22

It's not just that, you'll get killed by them even though you're clearly outside of regular grenade splash radius. After AV grenades got nerfed and Frag grenades got nerfed, I don't recall ever seeing patch notes about Sticky Grenades also receiving an equivalent nerf.
  5. GhostAvatar

6. HadesR

Personally I'd prefer it if they left dmg + Radius the same but buffed flak armour .. ( NW might need buffing in tune, so each give clear defined pro's and con's )

There could be zero complaints then about explosives from vehicles or nades or mines or RL .. As any fault or deaths would lay squarely in the players hands for using the wrong armour.

But I doubt they would reverse all the explosive changes so it's wishful thinking .
  7. Iridar51

So it would be "play HA with flak or go home"? No thanks.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pat22

With the current resource system, even with buffed flak armor, it's way too easy to grenade spam infantry groups in point rooms and such.

The last thing the game needs is more grenades on the level of current EMP grenades or Sticky grenades.
  9. HadesR

Or reduce the dmg like you suggest and then " Play HA and not need flak " ? :)
  10. Pat22

Flak armor and EMP shield! Don't ever even think about using anything else.
  11. DramaticExit

There is pretty much no point in using anything other than flak as it is...

I'd say this, but Iridar already said it.
  12. ALTRego

I know enough to know that every time we complain here something changes in game. Be it a good or bad change. Most of the time we end up calling them nerfs. Just something to think about next time we have a gripe.
  13. asmodraxus

People still use frag 'nades?
  14. Mustarde

• Up x 1
  15. omfgweeee

Why HA with flak? If sticky ignoring flak bug gets fixed every class will survive the explosion if have max flak.
  16. prodo123

My ASC/Resist would beg to differ :p
  17. Iridar51

Because HA gets anti-infantry bonus with overshield.
  18. lothbrook

NW is infinitely more useful unless you're one of those lemmings thats afraid to run out and shoot at things and stands in a group around a corner or cover waiting for a grenade to land in the middle of all of you, its scary how often i see groups of people just standing around waiting to die in firefights.

Point is, move your *** soldier, and grenades won't bother you much, except for the ones thrown by the idiots standing around waiting to die as they'll like hit you in the back with one from time to time.
  19. Pat22

As annoying as you are as an infiltrator, I find myself relieved I've never had to face you while you were playing Engineer.
  20. DramaticExit

I probably should have been more clear. I was referring to the average lemming.

The post would have been more accurate if I said "For the majority of players in most situations, there is little point using anything other than flak."

I personally run Grenade bandolier on my LA and HA. I find this to be very useful in some situations - however, in other situations (read; any time there are vehicles on the ground or in the sky, or any form of chokepoint) is it just downright suicidal, as not having that bit of splash resistance means I die a lot more than I normally would.