So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. MrK

Wait....
    You go TR on Miller because it's easier.... easier faction on a server where they get it handed to them?
    I will not comment on how I find that....

But that's telling on the perception on TR weapons compared to the rest.
    Even toddlers can use them
  2. Xasapis

Lets be fair, none of the weapons in this game are particularly hard to use. There are some that are more situational (like the lasher) and there are some that are tougher than the general rule, like the battle rifles. Generally speaking though, no weapon is particularly hard to use.
  3. VSMars

Speaking of strange occurrences in alerts ...

During yesterday evening's Indar alert, which of my Vanu brethren thought it would be a good idea to cap a string of territories along the southern edge of the map all the way to the NC warpgate?. I only logged in for the last 20 minutes sadly (which was then spent defending Quartz Ridge) so I'm missing the big picture here, but still ...
  4. ValorousBob

wat

How are you not aware of the vast number of VS outfits on Miller?
  5. DrakeAU

A quick solution would be to divvy alert points against population size. If you have 50% the points are divided between your faction rather than points awarded based entirely on territory control.
  6. Zok

THIS is why i think alerts are totally USELESS!... we didnt need this junk in ps1 and we dont need it now... it reminds me of the oshur events they used to force down our throats in ps1. Alerts are not a way to balance anything... it makes players want to switch to the winning team for cert awards...

I say bring back faction locking ...say 3 hours locked out if you switch factions
  7. huller

I have said it before and I will say it again, this is not realy due to TR overpop, since continents lock at 666 players per faction, but due to NC and VS underpop. Are there 4th faction weaklings in the TR more so than before? certainly, but do not blame the TR loyalists since launc, beta and in a lot of cases even PS1
    • Up x 1
  8. Shinrah

TR loyalists, surely you jest?
    Lets remove the Striker, Prowler Anchor, Fracture, and replace the Mossie with a Scythe or Reaver copy! There goes your loyalty!
    False promises and weapon designs stolen from oppressed scientists are the only reason people flock into your fold!
    Vanu does not look kindly upon the TR!
    • Up x 1
  9. huller

1 I very rarely use the striker because I use the decimator. Remove all ESRL when you are at it.
    2 Vanu cried like ******* when the magrider got ballanced, let's remove magrider strafing as well then.
    3 why do people complain about the fractures? the ravens are just a better and wire guided version of it.
    4 why not give everyone a reaver, BAM ballance.
    5 The vanu sovereignity stole the majority of the Vanu artifacts they posess from the TR, all the TR weapon designs originate from their own manufacturers.
    6 The TR does not make false promises, if anything they are ridiculously blunt (aka: you shoot civilians, we shoot you)
    7 The Republic does not look kindly uppon the madmen who dedicate their lives to the worship of extinct aliens
    8 Miller was dessignated on launch to "be the new Werner". Therefore it has always been heavy with Werner TR veterans
    9 Denying that the majority of the TR on Miller are loyalists is about as true as saying the overpop has got nothing to do with people jumping ship to the TR, the VS' underpop has got nothing to do with GU 2's magrider ballancing and that the top warpgate on Indar does not affect populations at all.

I do not see how your post was relevant to mine at all. Instead you just had to resort to "NURF TR" whine didn't you?
  10. Xasapis

I like the "slight" magrider nerf bit part. Was a nice touch. Like chopping off an arm ... "it was merely a flesh wound" ...

Nah, the magrider was decimated back then and it took six content updates to revert it to almost what it was (sans the mountain climbing)
  11. Flag

Don't forget how they indirectly nerfed the magrider by buffing the other MBT guns. :p
  12. chilly154

Which server has the highest TR population I'm a VANU and I want to kill some TR. I'm a pretty skillful soilder: so give me some TR.
  13. Xasapis

Miler TR is hovering around 38-42% during prime time. You're also on a Miller thread, so that should have been kind of obvious.
  14. Astealoth

Make enlistment bonuses for making a characters on poorly populated factions

stuff like:

+5000 starting certs for a new character on a severely underpopulated faction

+300% XP boost up to BR 25 for a new character on an underpopulated faction

Make log in queues for the highest populated faction when they reach a certain population percentage advantage over the lowest populated faction. This could be set to turn off when the overall server population is below a certain point.

Rethink how alerts work. Right now they pretty much only award anything relevant to a faction who massively outnumbers the others. Continent capping is not something that happens regularly under normal play conditions. Alert scoring also makes little to no sense. Let's have some more reasonable victory conditions and better rewards for underpopulated factions. Make the underpopulated faction bonuses based on world pop to discourage people from intentionally ignoring alerts for gain as they do now. Make people participate in alerts to gain alert bonuses. Right now you can log in the last 30 seconds and get full credit, or be online but nor participate at all, ghost cap on another continent and still gain full credit. It's not good for healthy alerts. Maybe leave the current alerts alone as they are but also add in another reward, alert participation ribbon. If you participated in an alert for a certain amount of time you'll get a 2500 XP ribbon for alert participation, and then whatever alert XP was awarded.
  15. Shinrah

Oh wow, probably I should´ve added that I was pulling your leg. Maybe you should read the posts you quote a bit more carefully --so that you can save yourself the effort of writing a serious reply to a not so serious quip.

Does your reply in such a serious manner imply that you feel the need to defend the "balance" of TR weaponry? Why is that, I ask? Surely, because everyone agrees how balanced the aforementioned weapons are?
  16. GhostAvatar

*Facepalm* you do know what world population actually means, don't you???

That I too can post a overly dramatic thread with pictures supporting over exaggerated claims.
  17. LordMondando

18. pnkdth

*facepalm*

It usually goes like this for VS;
    Continent 1; 30-33%
    Continent 2; 10-20%
    Continent 3: 9-15%

For TR it is usually like this;
    Continent 1; 33%
    Continent 2; 45-60%
    Continent 3: 40-50%

If you cannot see the problem with this I don't know what to say...
  19. Xasapis

The server is in a pretty bad spot atm. It's noone's fault obviously and it was bound to happen at some point on some server. Balance is a fragile thing after all. There is no exaggeration as far as the TR overpopulating Miller right now though. I'm happy for you if you can find good fights and you don't have to rush the other TR just to get a kill here and there.
  20. GhostAvatar

You see there, that isn't an over exaggerated of the facts. Compared to the amount of threads being posted recently claiming figures of 20 or 30% overpopulation, purely based on a single moment in time. If you have to over exaggerated the conditions to try and make a point, then that point becomes moot.