So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. P4NJ

Well it was 4:20... so we know where all the VS and NC went =P
  2. RealRook

The server transfers were not released on purpose and they will not be released until they solve the population/4th faction issues. I dont understand how they could help in this case, they would just make things worse cause even more VS/NC people would leave the server.

The TR always had the highest pop but since last week it really kind of got out of hand. One of the reasons is probably the fact that SOE messed up the warpgate rotation. They rotated counter clock wise on every continent but in previous rotations they rotated only Indar counter clock wise and Esamir and Amerish clock wise so TR is in fact supposed to be North east on Esamir and Amerish i think, strangely nobody seems to have noticed :(
  3. PS2Freak

tr have now about 60% pop vs 20% of vanu and tr. on esamir alert. how that should be fun for vanu or nc? i am sick of it.
    • Up x 1
  4. ArmedGoose

Well, it's early afternoon on a weekday for most of Europe... most ppl with a life outside of video games are still at work/school.
    And interestingly enough only TR are playing now in numbers... so what do we learn from that? :D
    • Up x 1
  5. Bamsefar

6. PS2Freak

dont saw cheaters on miller since long.. fights with them (vanu) were always honest. i remember times there were sooo many tr cheaters, but they gone now too.
  7. MrK

this has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand....

On a somewhat related note : I see I need to write on RedditSide to get a discussion with the devs .....
    • Up x 1
  8. PS2Freak

9. ChipMHazard

I wonder how much of the issue stems from players not wanting to leave for the alert. I know that the VS are very reluctant to leave Indar, no offense to the VS players but there's a reason why we refer to it as your nesting grounds.
    I can certainly understand why people would rather stay on a continent with good fights than go to an alert where the chance of being dominated is rather high.
    This obviously won't explain why the overall pop has been so skewed lately, but I haven't noticed such a TR dominance when there's an alert on Indar, but could simply be because I haven't been on when that dominance took place.
  10. Zan_Aus

Server transfer tokens with the current situation? I REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest you take a look at how server transfers almost destroyed Guild Wars 2 PVP, seriously. I 100% guarantee you will get a gigantic cross-server version of the current 4th faction problem.

Fix the current faction-swapping pop imbalance problem before you go anywhere NEAR these tokens. Unless of course Sony HQ has called and told you to self-destruct your game. Then, game on.
  11. Frances

During an alert yesterday as NC I got a 180% xp bonus!!!! Outnumbered was not the word!!!
    • Up x 1
  12. Naithe

So does this happen across all servers, or are Miller players just a bunch of winner joining pansies! =)

Man looking forward to some mechanics to look at this, didn't get to play today but, I haven't seen big imbalances outside alerts.
  13. Aeroloulou

suggestion: 1-5% dps bonus for outnumbered factions during alert.
  14. Rodinvac

Here's an idea: removing continent bonuses.
    It won't fix the population imbalances but it would remove the incentive of staying on Indar.
    As VS on Miller Indar is the only continent worth staying on since we hold the bonus, it's also the only bonus that really matters given how infantry resources and consumables purchase works, and leaving it means going on a continent where as soon as any significant progress is made it ends with us being swarmed by empires that have the population to effectively fight on multiple continents at once.

Also making the underpopulation bonuses be worth a damn would help alleviate this slightly.
  15. GhostAvatar

Looks guys, I too can post an image that proves something during a specific instance of time. Miller about an hour ago.

[IMG]
  16. Vesanus

You're an idiot if you don't think TR overpop on Miller is an issue. At a primetime alert earlier today on Esamir there was a considerable amount of rage in the TR platoon/region chat from the big outfits about this issue too. It's not just the NC and VS that worry about this issue destroying the server.

Oh and TR won that alert by completely wiping out VS, and NC having Mani Biolab and Northpoint. The TR population was in the mid 50s.
    • Up x 1
  17. TintaBux

Errm that's pretty silly posting that, how about server populated or during an alert, last alert tr had like 59% pop.
  18. Zynero

To have some Fun. On Cobalt u cant have fun as Vanu. Few Minutes ago i killed 6 NC 2 Harasser lv 55-82 in one life, but later i died after 3 shots from a lv 12 TR -.-'

But its hard to have some Fun on Miller with all these idiots around ..
  19. Xasapis

What is the point you're trying to make?
  20. ScrapyardBob

Which wouldn't be an issue at all - if SOE is smart enough to only offer xfer tokens that let you transfer to a server where your faction is at a disadvantage. Or make it free to move to the under-pop server, but charge SC for trying to transfer to a server where your faction is over-pop.