So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. Akaan

Why on earth would you create even more TR characters on Miller? Did you read this thread at all?!
    • Up x 3
  2. Flag

Assuming no cheating is involved, on Miller, we call that ~science~.
  3. MrK

Unrelated to the cheater, which are found in every faction and are not the subject here, why exactly did you create TR characters on Miller?
  4. ChipMHazard

I have no idea what the reason behind the resent pop imbalance is. Are the majority of VS and NC players not able to play during these hours currently because of real life responsibility? Are there more TR players who don't have anything preventing them from playing at these hours?
    Whatever the case it's not really fun having the TR dominate the NC and VS during an alert. Sure it gives us a lot of xp, but where's the fun in it when it's not a good fight?
    Good thing that populations even out later on during the day. As such I would give it until after the exam period is over before getting too worried about this.
    • Up x 1
  5. Slyguy65

Waterson gets like this in off hours too..especially during alerts...this fourth faction BS is annoying and it ruins the game. They need to restrict faction switching on the same server.
  6. Xasapis

Actually it would be really cool if they did the opposite. Mark a platoon of the overpopulated faction as mercenaries so they can fight for the least populated side.
  7. Qel

On Miller sadly this isn't just in off hours anymore though...

I agree, they need to make it much more attractive to have alts on other servers, something like if you want to change from one faction to another on the same server your other characters there are locked for a few months. Needs to be harsh like that to discourage people jumping around with every patch. Alts on other servers would obviously not be affected.
  8. Keelin

New one, taken just a moment ago - 8:15 pm in the middle of an amerish alert.
    If this isn't prime time then i don't know what is; and yet TR manage to have as many people there as VS and NC combined.
    There really isn't a point even trying.

EDIT: TR have the VS now pushed back into their warpgate. NC will fall aswell shortly. Probably capturing the continent against 2 factions. During an alert and during primetime.

[IMG]
  9. Qel

RIP Miller.
  10. Slyguy65

That is getting into some elaborate stuff....

My god though i wish i could go rogue from my faction and be a mercenary.
  11. PS2Freak

im out of alert. i just have no fun anymore. it is always 10+ % world population in favor of tr. right now tr have same % on indar and esamir as nc and 14% more population on amerish at same time. and if we speak about vs.. no.. better we dont speak.. the game just make me sad right now.
  12. PS2Freak

13. PS2Freak

nc leaving now the miller server. i ask me why...

on every map from 10 to 37% ! TR pop bonus. (in comparision to nc stats.)
    primetime
  14. Zeewulf

Bring in the 24hr character lock so it stops switching on alerts and then see what the pop % are like...
  15. LordMondando

16. Qel

17. LordMondando

Well perhaps having the whole nanite pool at a base full, in the hopefully future logistics system, could even further speed things up. Having much larger numbers should have a downside, being outright disadvantageous however might be a bit too far.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ulysees

Have to say I like this idea more than rewards that won't really incentavise people to earn a bit more on the losing side than they would have done. But make it about skill, if you have a long respawn timer on SPAWN not REVIVE, that is the important distinction that needs to be made, then frankly I am happy for the enemy factions to get a 1 second extra respawn timer for every 1% above 20% tehy outnumber the lowest faction upto a maximum respawn wait of 25 seconds.

Play well and play as a team no real penalty since revives don't fall under this system but if you are part of a mindless zerg that just roles over through sheer weight of numbers then it would give the outnumbered people a much more level playing field and tactics and skillful play may get much more rewarding in the process.
  19. Costanza33

I agree on this. This is for me a big part of "switching toons" issue; in fact I don't even get why people create multiple chars on the same server... it just sounds stupid to me. But as you said: it's the reality we live in.
  20. ScrapyardBob

You need to prioritize tokens which let you transfer from a server where your faction is over-pop to one where your faction is under-pop (and they need bodies). Such as free VS transfers to Waterson and Connery.