So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. Flag

That's not entirely true.
    VS have more wins than 1. If we manage to get cooperation going between the outfits and actually make the attempt for the alert, we have a decent track record. Generally, it seems to come down to how well NC does against TR(like, do they get the zerg stuck in Mani, or at sungrey etc). If they manage to break about even with them, VS tends to win most of the time. If NC doesn't, TR tends to win most of them.
    Sadly for NC, they seem to have a distinct lack of alert wins when the populations on all sides are high. :| Not sure why.

This is my experience of alerts when at least one or two factions are pop-blocked on the alert continent.
  2. Ture

That must have been painful :D . In addition TR is good at warp gating because you can have huge striker party killing everything that comes out of warp bubble.
  3. PS2Freak

[IMG]

latest alert. tr bragging in chat about victory.
  4. TintaBux

Not played for 2 weeks but before NC was killing the alerts with loads of wins, however the NC alliance is not so great as many outfits run solo and even together they are not as good as they make out to be, judging other outfits to be weaker when in reality they are not. Some good NC outfits however there's allot of judgment between them all and no consistently good co ordination.
  5. Kapernum

48% world population for TR atm. It's almost peak hours.
  6. PS2Freak

true. i forgot to screenshot world population.
  7. Nexium

They need to give the minority factions all kinds of HP and XP bonuses because this is getting silly.
  8. PS2Freak

just stop new recruitments for tr on miller server ( allowing some exception from case to case basis)
  9. pnkdth

The reason why experience for underpopulation isn't working is simple, people rather have 50% of something than 100% of nothing.

Numbers equals victories. Alerts, how they're designed now, cater perfectly to the TR. They get a massive amount of certs. This would appeal to any new player. So thanks, SOE, for encouraging people to join the overpopulated faction. Great move there.
  10. Gurra

Dose anyone know if they swapped miller to recomended for nc and vanu yet? (or even when they are gonna).

Even tho i play tr i want even fights during primetime and the nc and vs needs ppl.
  11. Vesanus

In addition, SOEs funnelling of all new players into Ceres in the EU for the past couple of months have meant that we have next to no new players on Miller. The successful TR Miller Outfits have been around for ages, and come from PS1, so their attrition rate is far less, so the resulting population imbalance has simply come about because TR has lost less people.

Attrition from VS and NC is accelerating even faster now that both factions just get zerged by TR, people just can't be bothered to stay and get farmed. Miller has almost reached, if not already reached, a tipping point from which there will be no return. Even if you funnel NC and VS new players to Miller, their first experience will be to get rolled by TR numbers, you can't expect them to stay around after that... or even not to reroll a TR character on Miller to join the 'fun.'

Unless the first server transfer tokens are free, organising Outfit-wide migration to a new server will be next to impossible, and NC and VS Outfits on Miller will either be left to play on a dead server, or see a huge loss of numbers when trying to switch servers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gobmi

I've been thinking the same thing . If you would like to make a nother character of different faction it should be possible only to a different server.

Miller suffers TR popularity atm. We ( as Vanu) mainly fight against TR because they are everywhere...and it starts to be really boring. There is just not enough us to keep fighting all 3 continents...actually only one...Indar. I hope things will change when we get the 4 continent and continet lock.
  13. Beartornado

Funnel some of those TR into Mattherson, pretty sure they could still use more soldiers.
  14. Flag

That could explain why NC aren't up to par these days.
  15. TintaBux

Big failure this from SOE, awarding the higher populated factions mean more people join those factions, and thus they get even higher populated, because they get more certs.

They need to reward lower populated factions more.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zynero

This Morning we got ***** by Vanu cheaters on Miller. We (5ppl) created a new TR Char on Miller to have some fun, but the Vanus ...
    1 Shot Kills, Kills through Walls, Sunderer down after 3 Shots from a Scythe and stuff like that. They used only 1 Vanu to instant kill 20 TR, we reported them but im sure nothing will happen.
  17. Flag

Proof, or you're making **** up.
  18. Xasapis

Not sure how this is related to a faction. All factions unfortunately have cheaters.
    • Up x 2
  19. Jac70

We had some good fights on Miller previously, the pops used to settle out at around 33% each and the VS would often win despite there being no real outfits on Miller (that I am aware of). Recently though it seems every alerts sees TR pops hitting 50 - 60%. I don't know why there are so many commie scumbags lately.

The actual triggers for alerts are apparently secret but they are supposed to happen when a continent has a reasonably balanced map in terms of territory and population. Maybe a system whereby the server tries to keep the pops in some kind of balance by holding joiners in a queue - like what happens when they get to their population limits.
  20. Zynero

Nah not that many at one Place. One of the worst things was, even without a Sunderer or Spawn Light they could drop down. 3 Lightnings 1 Harasser got ***** by 1 Sunderer and 1 Harasser lol on Cobalt thats imspossible ;)