So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. Keelin

Is the 4th faction becoming a problem? Or maybe it's the population? Something else? You decide.

[IMG]

This was the Continent population :

[IMG]

Server population (see a few posts further down):

24 VS - 51 TR - 25 NC
    • Up x 3
  2. Zamos

How did they cap cause i got no certs on my VS guy
  3. Fotosynthese

You should add the following to the post...

The (world/server) population was:
    24 VS - 51 TR - 25 NC

Yes this is fun...
    SOE miller server will be even more emty soon.
    • Up x 3
  4. Daibar

you're showing territory control.

that could have been any kind of pop.
    do you have another picture with server pop?
    • Up x 12
  5. Andy79

chargeup weapons might kill vanu faction attractiveness, so dwindling numbers for them are not surprising,

no idea why NC is losing their people (on other servers they are dominant right ?)
    • Up x 1
  6. DrazahNede

For ones TR win an alert during the evening and you come and cry here..xd
    • Up x 3
  7. Keelin

It's not so much crying as it is pointing out issues.
    Please don't deny that you consistently have the highest population.
    • Up x 1
  8. DjUnicorn

I can't help but salient that the Alerts increased the population imbalance issue.

I wonder what would we see if we could check the logout/login stats on same accounts/different character during these alerts per faction victory.

By this I mean how many players logout their main character and login to the faction that is about to win the alert.
    • Up x 3
  9. NoctD

Cause VS held NO territory at the end so you got 0%. They didn't cap. NC held on to one base, so NC got a pittance of XP.
  10. Rickenbacker

Miller has changed, for sure. Used to be 50% NC, now it's 50% TR.
  11. PS2Freak

12. Zamos

This was the last Alert i attended , who cares when TR had 50% pop and lattice will make this worse
  13. Arod

A small step I would recommend is adding in a timer for switching empires.

Planetside 1 had a similar issue, it was not fixed entirely BUT it did help having a 6 hour (think it used to be 12 at one point) lockout for all characters bar the empire you were last on.

Just saying, might help in the short term.
    • Up x 13
  14. DasHenne

It is pretty normal on Miller that the TR has a population of more than the other factions combined during alerts. The VS only very occasionally wins a few alerts and I have never personally experienced that the NC has won a single alert in the last month.

Sometimes it's fun to fight in the minority against an overwhleming enemy but it is not something that I would consider a good permanent state of the game.

SOE needs to come up with a better regulation of server populations (Even though I openly admit that I have no idea how they should actually accomplish that goal.) or the situation on the server will get even worse with time and one single absolutely dominant faction.
    • Up x 4
  15. CaptainYamerica

So it's not just a Waterson issue?.. Pretty soon every server is just going to be "controlled" by one faction being bored of steamrolling and ghost capping empty continents.
  16. Sworaven

I hope people realize this is bad for all 3 factions. NC and VS are getting roflstomped while the TR have less targets. This results in everyone enjoying the game less.
    • Up x 7
  17. VSMars

That's actually the territory control. No worries, I've made this mistake once too. ;)

If that happened half an hour ago: Oh well, that's 14:45 UTC. Most of us (aside from the guys in the Russian time zone) are still at work or school. Let's see the results for an Alert during actual prime time, when every faction can fill the alert continent no matter the relative global population.
    • Up x 1
  18. DasHenne

No, it's a very serious issue on Miller too and I would assume that there are other servers with the same problem.
  19. Keelin

Well that's entirely possible. Let me remove that.
    Too bad the map continent population seems broken as well.

EDIT: Too late to edit the first post. Guess we'll have to live with my mistake!
    • Up x 1
  20. PS2Freak

with winning every alert, Tr can further improve their cert trees and even more become powerful making disbalance even more noticed.

something clever need to be done, for this ongoing faction disbalance (not miller only, but other servers too)

fun fact : nc became 2 certs for this Alert.