So this is what makes you un-sibscribe?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AzureKnight, Mar 28, 2014.

1. AzureKnight

Not OP'ed items, or vehicles. Not Hackers, not aim-botters, not glitches, bugs, poor latency, exploiters, invincible players. Not Libs with a pointless armor buff or nerfs that destroy any quality in a gun but a giant

UPGRADE NOW!

So far in almost every thread I've see with people saying they're unsubscribing, this seems to be used in all of them. They apologized and are fixing the problem (we can hope they're telling the truth) yet people are flying off the deep end about it. I get you don't like the new systems, but they're just that: New. What happened to the Kill Cam? been only like two weeks if that and very few care about it any more. Those that do have accepted it's not getting removed.

I may have to quit forumside because this type of griping is making me bash my head in to a computer. What am I saying, i'm a masochist.... i love the pain of it.

EDIT: And can I spell or what? just look at that wonderful title and its misspelling!
  2. Goden

HA jokes on you!

I never subbed in the first place.
    • Up x 3
  3. Nanomorph

I actually unsubscribed until further notice when the death screen patch trashed performance and introduced a bunch of game-breaking bugs.
    • Up x 1
  4. Syphers

performances seem fixed now for me
    • Up x 1
  5. Nanomorph

I haven't played for a week and I might as well wait for the 64-bit client now.
  6. Paragon Exile

I hope you guys understand this was an April fool's joke.

You do, don't you? It was released at the same time as the profanity 'filter' on the last update before April 1st :p
    • Up x 1
  7. MajiinBuu

I'm a member, but i cant unsubscribe. SOE Game Cards have bound me by blood.
    I wouldnt want to unsub anyways lol
    • Up x 1
  8. Forkyar24

actually its not that, its the mission thing that I cant hide on the hud that will make me unsub, if they do not give me the ability to hide it and the advertisement spam.
    • Up x 1
  9. Villanuk

Same here for that reason, and also the constant nerfing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jalek

I've been unsubbed for a couple of weeks now. Makes me feel better when I log in, see newly broken things and adspam.
    I just hope the stuff is fixed and mitigated by the time I decide about resubscribing in a couple of weeks.
  11. Radioactive Bomba

Same thing, like these pop up ads notifications every 2 minute, so annoying, they claimed to fix it yesterday... But they really didn't. Hope it's something we're only gonna see during event's, else they better keep those freaking sales going on to it's fixed, and that means a looong time.

Well lol, i guess it's a good April Fools Joke, making fun of the companies advertising methods pure genious if it's that, if not then it's just a bad marketing move.
  12. DrPapaPenguin

You know, I get the weirdest feeling that the "unsubscribers" are the same thing as WoW "quitters" which post "This patch broke the game for me I quit" after EVERY patch notes. Aka people doing it because it's cool, and everybody else does it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Radioactive Bomba

Well, it's a good thing, more people who unsubscribe, less income from Planetside 2 every month, maybe then they'll learn to start listning to the players, you can't hit a company/Corporations where it hurts with words, you do that by getting people to close their wallet over for the company.

But still then... There will always stand 10 new subscribers ready for every 1 that leaves.
  14. Harbinger

I've played this game since early beta without ever paying a single cent to SOE. #noshame
  15. Kerempooh

This. I'm taking an indefinite break from the game until this get resolved. The "UPGRADE NOW" thing did annoy me and keeps leaving a nasty taste in my mouth every time I see it, but this missions thing is making the game downright unplayable for me. It flew under a lot of people's radars because of the glaring UPGRADE NOW fiasco, but the fact that the game now hides vital objective information unless you are where you're "supposed" to be is completely game-breaking.

Btw, I'm playing PS2 for almost half a year now and I've never, ever threatened to leave or even said anything overtly negative about new patches. I liked the direction the game was going and was looking forward to missions system, as it was described to us. Of course there were occasional hitches and not everyone can agree on modifying this or that weapon, it's just the way of game patches, but... this last PS2 patch was catastrophic in every way or form. It is actually threatening core playability of the game and what's even more frightening is the devs response: "It is not a bug, it is a feature". I'm outta here till I see the game get back on the right track. I have no intention of further getting emotionally invested in a game which may end up in a place i don't like or even dead.
  16. Tuco

There seems to be an inverse proportional relationship between the number of subscribers and the proliferation of signature gifs. I noticed this pattern in wwiionline and PS1 as well.
  17. Tuco

No, listening to players is a bad idea. The majority of your ideas are absolutely terrible.

What needs to be done is, the guy in charge, the creative director, the CEO, bossman, whoever it is is going to have earn his paycheck and do the 'good stuff' and stay away from the 'bad stuff'.

"What's the good stuff and the bad stuff?"

Well that's how he earns his paycheck, now isn't it.
  18. Harbinger

Good stuff for a CEO is making money. Not necessarily what is good for the game. SOE kind of has a track record of bad decisions.