so the striker will NOT be fixed in 08 :(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by siiix, May 2, 2013.

1. siiix

this is all whats in the update on the striker:

TR T2 Striker

• Chamber Time: 0.7 to 0.5 seconds
    • Lock-On Time: 2.5 to 2.25 seconds
    • Note: The fix that lowered the pump-action shotgun rate of fire also lowered the Striker’s. These changes are to compensate for that.

now there is 2 options , #1 they did not fix it and its still bugged OR #2 they fixed it and the update list is incomplete (unlikely)

question is how did they test the striker update with out the striker actually working ?! o_O

i guess the only thing we can do if its not fixed is request a refund :( cant use a weapon that can only fire 1 clip before it jams permanently until you reequip at a terminal over and over again

maybe they did not fix it so we buy the new anti vehicle weapon < but guess again, i'm to upset to let this slide :mad:
  2. Gurra

it might be might not be i mean they bugged it without telling us so they might fix it without telling us :D
  3. Ranik

I'm not sure about those changes. Just yesterday Higby said the striker was supposed to recieve a 1s reduction in lock on time, and a 100ms reduction in chamber time.

Going from 2.5 - 2.25 lock on and .7-.5 chamber time seems completely out of the blue and not reflected by either Higby's statement or the actual Striker on Test.
  4. siiix

they screwed it up when they nerfted it, when they made the striker not lock on wall turrets, so i would assume it would be a relatively easy thing to fix, as they should know where they messed with the code, worst case they could roll back the nerft until they figure out what caused the bug in the code, OR they could change the wall turrets instead to have a high resistance to striker impacts, like reduce damage from striker by 70% < there for you would need 9 full clips to kill a wall turret

this would be far more fair to the customers then leaving us with a useless clutter we paid cash for
  5. Gurra

True but im quite glad that i bought mine with certs instead of station cash. I dont feel entierly ripped off but its quite understandable that people who bought it with smedbux got annoyed!.
  6. Torok

with such a signature as yourself i won't bother arguing much but anyway to answer your question there is a Test Server which had the updated Striker on it, i tried it myself before and it has a slower refire rate as you just reported and well, you can try it out there, it works just fine.
  7. Jkar

Just had a go at my TR char yesterday and the bugged out Striker really is annoying. In case some people don't know what it was and if it's still around after the patch.

Problem: After emptying a clip of rockets and reloading you would fire blanks, or rather there were no missiles leaving the barrel and your ammo counter reset every time you 'shot' until you visited a terminal to resupply.

Workaround: Don't empty the clip, if you fire only 4 out of 5 missiles then reload it wouldn't bug out that way and was actually usable.
  8. Ostekake

You can be sure i will - and everyone i know who i can talk into submitting a ticket
    It better be fixed or there is something extremely rotten here....
  9. Skippytjc

Thats amazing. The Striker is basically useless, and the solution they come up with is a one quarter of a second reduction in lock time? Its a joke.
  10. siiix

what does my signature to do with any of this? i'm not even complaining about the nerft ... i just want the demn thing working

IF its working on the test server, why is it not in the update list ... either way its cause for concern

if its fixed .. then who knows how many other updates are hidden (good or bad)
    if its not fixed then thats just plain wrong from SOE as its not that hard to fix this issue.. this should have been done weeks ago as a hot fix

---------------
    thank you for the tip with the 4 rockets, the problem is that you do need 5 rockets to cause enough damage, if i only use 4 them i can just use the old lock on launcher and me more effective