So, the Gauss Rifle Burst... I like it.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by hansgrosse, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Alanim

Not sure if it has been explained why this happens, but I'll go ahead and do it.

Any gun at 577 RPM or above can fire a second shot before recoil takes effect, allowing a pin-point accurate 2 round burst. Effectively doubling the DPS of this weapon at range.

The Gauss Rifle Burst does this automatically, and consistently. Other guns can also do this, but they have to be done manually, for example the Gauss Rifle S can do this as well.

I'm also unsure of this but the 845RPM guns could potentially do a precise 3 round burst as well. Although I've had problems doing consistent tests on it.
  2. hansgrosse

OMG THANK YOU! I've been wondering what causes this phenomenon.

That insane 2nd-shot accuracy is the primary reason why I love the Gauss Burst. Double-headshots at range all day. Throughout this thread I've been trying to say that the gun's huge FSRM doesn't actually matter, but I was never able to explain why. Now I know! :D

This combined with the Gauss Burst's stupid-fast muzzle velocity is exactly why I consider it to be the best long-range AR in the game.
  3. Alanim

Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure this just VERY RECENTLY got ninja patched, as I can only re-produce the effects now on the 800+ RPM guns.

Shame, that was a really cool effect.
  4. hansgrosse

Hm. I'll have to take her out for another test run tomorrow to confirm this. If it's true I'll be a very sad panda. :(

I really see no reason to have removed the effect; it's not like anyone was crying about it. Ah well. Even if it's true it still has all the other burst rifle-specific advantages, so it's still a very usable weapon. I just really loved it for that.
  5. MrK

Pretty easy to test, record while playing, replay frame by frame, you can see the recoil kicking in after second shot. I don't remember not seeing it before 3rd shot, tbh, during the tests I ran a few weeks ago
  6. MrK

High RoF weapons (which is a TR trait) have far more manageable recoil than low RoF weapons. At low RoF, the recoil is far more shaky (happens less often, but kicks up more, the high RoF weapons go up smoothly).
    It's bizarre seeing someone complaining about the "insane" recoil of TR.
  7. hansgrosse

Following use of the weapon over the past couple days, I'm happy to report that the Gauss Rifle Burst's recoil mitigation quirk seems to still be in effect. It's inconsistent as it's always been, but it's definitely still there.
  8. Sossen

Good for you for using a glitched weapon to have an advantage.
  9. MrK

Haha, now Burst variant are going to be the new FOTM OP thing, sure... :D
  10. hansgrosse

Thank you. I promise to start feeling bad about it when enough NC use the weapon for it to actually be a problem.

I don't expect to be feeling bad any time soon. ;P
  11. Alanim

Odd. What are your frame rates while getting this to successfully occur.(only thing I know that can change fire-times).

I've had no ability to re-produce this effect recently. Although as said before I've previously tested it and had 100% success with it. Until recently.
  12. hansgrosse

Framerate might well have something to do with it, as it seems to happen most frequently in larger battles. I don't know off-hand what my frame count is when the rifle ignores FSR, but I'll keep track next time I'm using it and post the findings here.
  13. MrK

I honestly never really noticed FSR being magically ignored, and can't really imagine how you'd notice it since the normal recoil only applies between mouse pressure.
  14. hansgrosse

It's not just the FSRM that's ignored during the burst, it's ALL the recoil. The only deviation between the impact points of the 1st and 2nd rounds comes from the gun's CoF, which is to say they pretty much land right on top of one another. It is very noticeable. XD
  15. MrK

Ding Auraxium on Gauss Burst :)
    I've honestly become accustomed to it.

I'll probably go on a rather long Carnage playtime to compare my performances between both.
  16. hansgrosse

Hey, congrats! I'm interested to hear your compare/contrast of the guns when you're through with the Carnage.
  17. DashRendar

I remember testing this in the VR not long ago and found that when aiming at the head at 50m the second shot misses high and right. How does this have insane shot grouping? Unless it was changed at some point in the recent past and I missed it. Didn't read the thread... will read now.