so recon drone.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ironeddie

"Recon Drone Moved out of this update to be used in a wider capacity in the future"

Does this mean that instead of it being a tool only for infiltrators the devs want to make it available to all classes?

If so I wonder how that'll work out in game?
  2. Taemien

They're working on getting C4 to stick to it
    • Up x 9
  3. Tycoh

That'd suck. More players out of the battlefield and doing nothing but spotting and trying to ram their recon drones into people. It should be an infiltrator only thing so the infiltrators that can't aim worth crap have something useful to do.
  4. whitupiggu

It's most likely going to be reworked to something for squad and platoon leaders.
    • Up x 1
  5. Elrobochanco

I think it was just being rethought of being more than a non exploding phoenix with a different model. A drone that hovers and just spots would live for about 6 seconds over any real engagement, and if it requires active control the infiltrator would be even more useless. It needs to do more, or have ability to provide other functionality.

I'm guessing it will still end up being a infiltrator tool since they have all the non-vehicle intelligence gathering.
  6. NinjaTurtle

Really very disappointed as it was probably the most interesting and fun part of the infiltrator update and is now not a part of that update.

I'd rather have this than a new sniper rifle :(. New toys > old toys we already have enough of
    • Up x 2
  7. ironeddie

Yeah the new cloak and this drone were the two things I was most looking forward to. At least I've still got the cloak to look forward to.

I wonder when this update will hit the test server.
  8. Acceleratio

I hope it wont become Squad/Platoonleader only. I love recond drones but I just dont like beeing a SL all the time. I want to fly around and observer others fighting while eating my pizza
  9. Tuco

yay, can't walk 10 feet without blinking red on someone else's radar or having a red diamond over your head.
  10. Sworaven

Recon drone will be Infiltrator-only.
  11. Ash87

This was what I was thinking as well.
    • Up x 1
  12. lyravega

Sir, I thank you for the laughter.
  13. sustainedfire

14. Sworaven

15. sustainedfire

It clearly says it was moved out of the update to be used in a wider capacity at a future date.

Infiltrators will not be updated again for a long time. If ever. The Recon Drone will be stuffed into some sort of "command" update.
  16. Edenwolf

I was anticipating the drone the most in the infiltrator update, kinda pissed now. The last thing a squad leader should be doing is hanging around the outskirts of a base flying this thing around, it's definitely more of a role fit for a sniper.
  17. Sworaven

Source? What? No, source?

Like I said, continue speculating:rolleyes:
  18. sustainedfire

That it will be put into a "command" update is pure speculation.

That it is going to be used in a wider capacity is clear. Its quiet certain that means more player types will be able to use it outside of Infiltrators.

You can hope it will be added to Infiltrators exclusively at some point, but be prepared to be disappointed. I hoped the ESF update would contain more new weapon types that were actually playable on the test server. But it did not- and I know better then to hope it will be added at some point in the near future or ever.
  19. ironeddie

That's the meaning I got from the devs post. Hence the thread.

I can see them wanting to add more fresh to the commander roles. I'm worried that if lots of players can use it it'll get spammed and you won't be able to step foot outside a spawn room without being spotted.
  20. IamDH

Probably to be made something of actual use..
    • Up x 1