So, Phoenix now one-shots ESF as well as infantry. Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Phazaar

Especially if you're claiming you did it on release day, you must have been on Amerish at 4am. The whole reason they slowed the first 100m is that the servers were failing to create the projectile in that time. You had total control from metre one, it's just that the server hadn't had time to put you in the missile until metre one hundred. It now actually accelerates after 50-100m, making it again, even less predictable.

With the new fix it's certainly a lot better, but still, under substantial load, reduced to a guaranteed death-by-sniper-headshot stationary moment that none of the other launchers necessitate.

Glad you accepted that it's not a dumbfire though :) GJ.
  2. Phazaar

It's hilarious how blind you VS+TR players are...

Reaver made into the absolute worst ESF a week into game. Slightly addressed 3 months later, but still the worst.

Vanguard has continually been the worst tank since launch.

Flinch scaling was only added after HUGE player outcry, which meant the first 3 months of the game were a ROF TR fest.

The Magrider remained unnerfed for two (? felt like 6?) months.

The Prowler remained super-over-buffed for two months.

NC are still blighted by the worst camo+music+catch phrases ever in a game.

90% of NC weapons are exceptionally situational, and the majority of those essentially redundant as those situations ultimately climax in the situations where only 10% of NC weapons are viable.

The VS+TR kept absolute easy mode for four solid months in infantry combat. They still have the easiest weapons to use; there's just a reason now for learning to use the NC weapons.

The Striker is a flat upgrade over a pre-existing weapon. The Phoenix issue is going to be addressed, and will leave the Phoenix as a downgrade/incredibly situational sidegrade over pre-existing weapons. The Lancer is going to be steadily buffed to ensure it does not get total domination (which frankly, in its current state, it would have if only the VS would use them as well as the TR are using Strikers; hence it will be buffed then nerfed again).

When SMGs came out, the TR had the best one, the VS+NC were balanced. The second round of SMGs has leveled the field entirely.

When PSAs came out, they were entirely balanced.

When NS launchers came out, they were entirely balanced.

When the Renegade Shotgun came out, it was entirely balanced.

When the Walker came out, it was entirely balanced.

When the Ranger came out, it was entirely balanced.

VS tanks were left with the only working Turrets after patch day.

So, which turns were the NC favoured at? Not nerfing the ScatMAX? Aside from the fact that it -really- doesn't need a nerf, you just need to use some counters and play intelligently, that's the -only- thing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shockwave44

I'm sorry, where is there a manual that states the phoenix is DESIGNED to take down aircraft? You're telling me if you see a lib and you know you won't be able to hit it with the phoenix, you're just not going to change weapons? How lazy are you?
  4. Eclipson

You want to know how to balance them? Make them actually render, and make them appear on the mini-map. If its considered a vehicle, why shouldn't I be able to spot it, or it appear on the mini map. That would give me a way to avoid them. And don't say "well, noob, l2p, you should be constantly moving and watching for my missiles" because I have seen plenty of people hit moving targets with this thing. If the devs want to refuse to nerf them, then at least put them on the mini map.
  5. Poka

You're the one who said:

So you think it was able to take down air and were complaining about the damage buff, now you're saying "Of course it can't take down air, why bother trying?"

Are you trying to argue with me, or against yourself?
  6. Shockwave44

It's not designed to kill AI either but we all know what happened there.

They buffed the air damage because it is slow and because there might a some times when you can hit a repairing esf or a hovering lib but don't complain if you can't hit one on the move.
  7. Ashtarid

Yes because the fact mags cant aim for aircraft and both TR and NC tanks can do it even without skyguard is such a amazing thing, and the tradeoff - hover - no thanks.

And it's totally legit that your maxes can OHK everything near objectives because seeing as 70 percent of battles are done at close quarters and the fact pushing, defending and attacking anything requires close quarter combat, you are clearly in the right when you say you alone should have that much firepower while the vs and tr max's output dmg doesn't even come close.

And no the last 2 patches for the phoenix were either fixes for things that should NEVER have been there or buffs. So no it wasn't a nerf.
  8. Phazaar

Answer the question or go home. No one cares whether a tank turret points 15 degrees upwards or 45. That isn't an example of NC favouritism; TR do it to, and the Magrider can strafe, hover, provide its gunner with the most stable platform ever etc. You may not prefer your tanks specials, but it has them, and you were far more 'favoured' by the devs to get them at the level you had them at at launch.

The ScatMAX nerf is next week. The Phoenix, by your own mouth, got fixed. Wheres the favouritism?

You have no examples because there are none. Come back to this thread, and reply stating that you're sorry you over exaggerated and people might respect you. Leave, and I still win.
  9. Ashtarid

They didnt fix anything, removing something that never should have been there which is OHK infantry while TR's cant even aim at them and lancer certainly as hell needs more then ONE SHOT to kill. There has been NO nerf to the phoenix, buffing up dmg so it OHK aircraft instead of infantry is a nerf? Giving it NV is not a nerf. Slowing it down is STILL not a nerf when its still hard to hit and you just aim better.

And you keep mentioning scatmax nerf, quote that they are getting nerfed and WHEN we actually see them nerfed THEN you can talk, because if SOE is 'nerfing' scatmax as they did such a 'nice' job with the phoenix, its not a nerf.

It's HILARIOUS how high and mighty NC players like to feel while being delusional, your weps arent situational, 90 percent of the time bulletdrop is BS when the game actually forces you to close combat because of objectives.

And you only need a 'answer' because you are just arguing for arguing favoritism is there when you have the best advantages, just by the fact you said scatmax didnt need a nerf said it all, its TOTALLY fair that every objective involve close quarter and your solution to the problem of the death machine is 'you just need to use some counters and play intelligently, that's the -only- thing.', so i should drive a tank into the little shack with the objective which the max never comes out of? Whats your plan for Biolab and its infinite houses ? Dont answer that, im sure it'll be a equally ridiculous statement on your end, also I'm guessing SOE has the same ridiculous reasoning as yours, that its perfectly normal while the other 2 maxes are only reg gun players with extra life, yours is a freaking death machine that OHK everything.
  10. Vapid

Why is this thread still active? /close thread