So... New LMGs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Oleker2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Oleker2

A patch droped on the test server a few days ago, adding new empire specific light machine guns for the heavy assault class.

NC MGR-L1 Ballast
    Fire Rate: 698
    Damage: 143 / 10m 112 / 65m
    Muzzle Velocity: 500 m/s
    Reload: 5.775 / 4.75
    Ammo: 100 / 300

Exclusive attachment: SPRW Ammo: +25% muzzle, -25 magazine. Giving the gun 625 or muzzle with 75 bullets per mag. It doesn't change the reserve ammo.

Shot the gun a few times on 50m targets with Fowardgrip and 2x scope, sometimes the gun only kicks up, sometimes it kicks hard to the left.

TR MG-H1 Watchman
    Fire Rate: 857
    Damage: 125 / 10m 100 / 55m
    Muzzle Velocity: 550 m/s
    Reload: 7 / 5.525
    Ammo: 125 / 375

Exclusive attachment: Impact Ammo: Min damage from 100 to 112, magazine -25. It also has softpoint option. The magazine gets down to 100 bullets with no reserve change.

Also with fowardgrip and 2x, the gun feels stable up to 50~60 ish meters with small deviation to the right. The gun is more suited to laser sight in my opinion.

VS VE-H MAW
    Fire Rate: 600
    Damage: 167 / 10m 125 / 75m
    Muzzle Velocity: 550 m/s
    Reload: 4.6 / 3.45
    Ammo: 60 / 300

Exclusive Attaciements: Adv Laser Sight. Vented Power Core, it seems to use fast reload on an empty mag while adding more recoil of the gun. Recoil increase is quite noticeable and vented reload animation seems bugged right now. Also have access to softpoint and Unstable Ammo, that increases the bullet size while reducing headshot bonus damage.

Vented Core really puts the recoil up, in both vertical and horizontal. the gun shakes more with the attaciement on. With fowardgrip and lazer the run is more stable. Unstable Ammo looks better for a begginer while softpoint would be the option for players that can headshot more.

Don't play HA that much so I can't compare them to other lmgs that well, what about you guys?
    • Up x 2
  2. Prudentia

only tried out the Moew, seems to have the same increase in firerate as the Canis from the firing sound, so i don't know if it starts at 500 and only goes up to 600 or if it starts at 600 and goes up from there.
    the statpage on the canis would suggest the former but then again the question is, is the buff to the canis of the starting RPM to 550 already incorporated.
    a 550 to 600 RPM 167 dmg LMG would be quite interesting, basically a handheld aphelion without the burst, where holding down increases the DPS but short bursts increase accuracy. however i think for that to work properly the recoil is too harsh, especially the First shot recoil multiplier is just too high.
    idealy the recoil would increase gradually just like the RPM which would make for a really fun gun thats not perfect long range LMG, nor a perfect CQC LMG, but can be quite adaptable to be used in both.
  3. Nody

First two reactions; why does NC not get the higher damage per bullet gun and why does VS get yet another flipping 167 damage LMG? It seems any idea of guns being somewhat aligned with the faction specifics are out the window.
    • Up x 2
  4. Prudentia

NC still has the only 200dmg weapons, TR the only 125 ones.
    as far as i remember there is only 125 carbines and Assault rifles, so now they get their LMG while NC get a second "mid range" LMG with the 143 damage tier as they only had the EM6 for that untill now.
    and the only 167 LMGs Vanu have are the flare and the ursa... which means VS only has a single 167 damage LMG

so there is no faction identity being violated here (for once)
    • Up x 1
  5. Moz

It is not like the EM6 (167 @ 600)!

It is like the EM1 (143 @ 659)!

The thing is the EM1 has a faster reload (nearly a full second faster) and 630 MS velocity as standard! It also has a Max damage range of 20m instead of 10m with the same 65m Min damage range!

I have to be honest, unless this new gun has some insane accuracy / recoil stats (cant see from OP, does anyone have this info?) it will be worse than the EM1..... Which is already the worst LMG in the NC kit bag! :(
  6. Prudentia

thats still 40rpm more, might be the NCs Pulsar LSW which is a great gun
  7. csvfr

The NC MGR-S1 Ballast has the same damage profile as the already existing CARV-S with TR and VS's Pulsar LSW. The VS VE-H MAW has the same damage profile as NC's Anchor and EM6. So instead of increasing faction diversity with more ES stuff, this patch decreases it. Only "new" direction is with TR's new LMG.
  8. Halkesh

Don't forget that NC MGR-S1 don't have COF bloom while ADS (and a crappy starting CoF)
    The TR Watchman is more like a 125 bullet SMG as it have have poor ADS accuracy but have excellent hipfire accuracy (for a LMG) and can equip a advanced laser dot.
    For the VS MAW, I agree : it's a anchor in disguise.
  9. raffa2

The new models are incredibly good looking, a leap in quality above the old ones.
    • Up x 1
  10. Campagne

Again with these stupidly bland names. MGR-L1 & MG-H1? Fnck off!

Personally I was kinda hoping for a new set of unique attachments, not just the same as the SMGs + HV 2.0 ammo for TR.

Hopefully they all suck less than the Gladius and aren't better than a pre-nerf Canis.
  11. Prudentia

sucking less than the gladius is incredibly easy considering that every NC and their mother is either using the gladius or already auraxed it
    • Up x 4
  12. Campagne

It is incredibly easy. But only because it's hard to be worse than the Gladius is and will always be. ;)

Also try the weapon yourself. I feel like I say that a lot here. :p
  13. Oleker2

New attachments for each wave of guns would be asking too much of DBG, based on how they handled things in the past unfortunatelly. But i'm with you on that boat. I'm looking foward for the carabines since it's the gun class I use the most.
    • Up x 2
  14. Eternaloptimist

Just from reading OP I'll be interested in trying a couple of them (although I'm a carbine planetman for preference):
    • the NC one sounds like a faster firing EM1, which is my preferred NC LMG;
    • the TR one sounds like an LMG version of the legendary (to me) TORQ9 AR.
    • Up x 1
  15. Sade707

Great another lmg for the HA lovers of TR.
  16. Cirena

Hmm yeah what could MGR stand for...

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  17. Prudentia

bah, 8 am foruming
    no the gladius is an amazingly powerful gun.
    incredible hipfire
    higher rof than the canis for the first few bullets with more damage
    great DPM
    distinctive but quiet sound even without a suppressor
    if you want to ADS you can even use the recoil to your advantage and get 1 bodyshot and 2 headshots.
    there simply is nothing bad about the gladius,it's just an all around great gun.
    • Up x 3
  18. Campagne

Sure, that checks out. But then that's not what I'm complaining about. What I take issue with is the lack of creativity and uniqueness in the naming, to the point where the names are practically the same. At least the LMGs' names are better than the SMGs'...

But the TR's LMG isn't a Gauss weapon. Next you'll tell me "MG-H1" is supposed to mean "machine gun," right? :p

I feel like a broken record here. "Try the weapon yourself, try the weapon yourself..." :p Seriously, just trial it for the 30 mins it gives ya'.

The Gladius has the worst hip fire of any SMG if I recall correctly. Small magazine, not great recoil, horrible damage drop-off, dreafull accuracy --the most inaccurate automatic primary in the game.

There is no reason to ever use it. The Cyclone and Blitz are both better, and the next closest 200/500 weapon, the AC-X11, is also flat better.

It's an amazingly terrible weapon. Absolute trash-tier.

Yes, because that is a fun and creative name which accurately describes the weapon. :rolleyes:

Honestly, a few random letters would make for a better, more practical name than the same thing with one less letter and an H instead of an L.
  19. Prudentia

"modular Gun"
    cause you know, TR ain't got Gauss :p
  20. Cirena

The TR and VS guns are actually named Trident and Corona respectively. Dunno why DBG doesn't follow that.

And yes the names for each factions' gun is the same because they're variants of the same gun but with different barrel, mag and so on. It should be quite obvious from just looking at them.
    Modular Gun H(eavy), Modular Gun S(hort), Modular Gun L(ong) etc etc.