So much crying about the Dalton

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bragg

Dalton itself is not the problem, problem is the how maneuverable liberators are and able to fly upside down. Kind off ridiculous see B52 (meaning liberator) bomber pulling out fighter maneuvers in air combat.
    • Up x 2
  2. ZeroErrorz

i might be a bit rought on this but, either get a good RIG yes rig not a toaster, believe me i played with multiple crash before it and really its just unplayable, and second get an outfit, at least you can get a regular group of people you know about and always have time to train something with you, a bad gunner/wingman from your outfit than a random bad gunner/wingman since u can at least learn to be better together slowly but surely everytime you guys meet, and i must say AA dalton is the best example of what teamwork can do.
  3. Kristan

Could you give me your paypal? So I could drop an invoice of 1000$ for that new rig. :rolleyes:

You tell me like getting a new PC is something I could get for some pocket change. :D
  4. HerpTheDerp

That's a case with all vehicles, really. ESFs can hover at 45-60 degree angles for pete's sake. This isn't VTOL physics, it's fairy physics.

Ground vehicles suffer from this too, what's with tanks that go 0-60km/h in three seconds.
  5. DrPapaPenguin

It's just hard for people's egos to admit they've been outplayed by an aircraft that they outclass in all but HP and armor. They just need to accept that they performed badly, misunderstood the principle of "not intended for =/= completely useless in that role". That's for ESF at least. For infantry I haven't really seen much of a problem.
    • Up x 1
  6. PostalDude

[IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Bl4ckVoid

The Dalton would not be a problem if the Liberator would not have more HP than a tank.

Also the ammo load on planes should be drastically reduced.
    • Up x 1
  8. Morticai

Glad they've got a fix coming in to disable dalton functionality against ESF's.
  9. Equal2

'Yeah lets remove one of the most fun and skill intensive part of the game.''

If you cant reliably dodge dalton shots as an ESF i suggest you talk to an ace pilot on your server and they will explain how to handle a lib because most of them have no issue handling them.

1. keep distance
    2. dont stand still
    3. move unpredictable

If you use these you wont get hit by a lib ever again unless he gets realy realy lucky.(aka it becomes a guessing game)

And might i add Lib is a 2-3 man vehicle. Lets say you have 2-3 ESF against the Lib it has no chance if the ESF pilots have a general understanding of the air game :)

I have swapped to the shredder already and i im pretty sure it's better in every aspect. SOE please dont nerf ? :D
    (oh wait soe nerfs everything soon we will be shooting pillows)
  10. IamDH

The only time i actually had a serious problem with this is when i was a bad pilot. Even if you fly straight, its still difficult to land that shot on an ESF

The only hate that i could think of is the fact that liberators can fly upside down allowing them to take as much shots on the ESF as possible. The counter argument would be that they pummet rather quickly. The counter counter argument would be that they would be at a high altitude therefore the fall time will be large. Then we would all be in an endless whinefest and the conclusion would be L2P and stop flying straight

I have just summarized a 50page thread.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheRunDown

As a ground player, I really have no problems with the Dalton.
    At the Infantry render distances you should be pulling AA anyway.. too many TR try to use that horrid weapon..

The Dalton hasn't got amazing damage anyway, if your in a Tank you can pretty much "Tank" it with repairs..
    and if your being singled out, your gone on and done your own thing anyway, or it wasn't a "Tank" situation.
    • Up x 1
  12. sucoon

the problem are the Dalton Aimboter akaselfnamed "Elite" pilots, who oneshots in secounds 3-5 esf or also oneshoots you more than one time over unbelievable distance. thx to nvidia shadowplay i get more and more sucker on vid.
  13. AltF4Fun

The shredder is awsome.Good decision.:)
    • Up x 1
  14. Hiding in VR

Last time I engaged a Lib (noob pilot here) it turned upside down, so we engaged in this strange mating-like ritual and I took it down to 50% before I got too close and it rammed me (noob mistake).

Not sure if people think this kind of combat is good for the game? I don't object to Libs going upside down, but its a little silly that they can maintain that position indefinitely like they were some stunt plane.
  15. Tycoh

My only complaint about the Dalton and its AI counter part is that it makes the Liberator look like a legless flying horse with an iron hard on that can rotate in a 90 axis.

Along with the stupid ability of the liberator going belly side up without plummeting to the ground under 2 seconds.
    • Up x 1
  16. HerpTheDerp

Skill intensive? Does Dalton even have inheritance? If so, what is it? 20%? Point and click weapons aren't "skill intensive".

At distance, your weapon does minimum damage. Liberator has more HP than a tank. It might not kill you, but you sure as hell won't kill it either.
  17. Gundem

First, I can tell you've never tried to hit ESF's with the Dalton before.

Anything in this entire game can be said to have "No Skill". Everything in this game is "Point and Click".

Except for the Dalton, which is more like, "Aim towards the ESF, take into account the direction your flying, the direction he's flying, the slow velocity of the Dalton round, and hope he doesn't change direction in the two seconds it's going to take to land".

Therein lies the skill required to use the Dalton as A2A. And also why it's nearly impossible to kill Ace ESF Pilots, because they are shooting and flitting back and forth and all around like a butterfly, looping circles around you, hardly giving you a chance to line up a shot let alone sit still long enough to actually hit them.

And second, Liberators actually have a lot less effective HP then a tank. I can only survive 2 AP rounds from a Vanguard, the Magrider/Prowler can survive what, 5 of them?

From the rear, MBT's and Liberators have the same effective HP. So that's one small rectangle compared to our entire surface area? Yea, no.
    • Up x 1
  18. Gundem

umad bro?
  19. Gundem

Ha, you make me laugh.

You really, seriously expect me to break LOS with the second fattest, slowest air vehicle in the game?

ESF's can break LOS. Liberators eat G2A rockets.
  20. McToast

Moin
    More a case of "ubad bro?" :) This guy has 7 vehicle kills in a liberator, I doubt that any of those are ESFs. And a whole two dozen kills in his ESF, wow.

And I've got you on tape!

0:42

I didn't see a single Dalton cheater for over a year now on Cobalt. I'm sure there were some, but certainly not many.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.