so more armor, speed and shared xp for liberators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Catch23, Mar 13, 2014.

1. DQCraze

So you hovered in front of a vanguard and emptied ur tank buster into him while he shot you with the AP round? Funny, you must play on a different test server. We didnt get the same result, Vanguard won 3/3. And yes the lib had Comp 4.
  2. CrashB111

I'm actually pretty good at flying my Liberator, I've had a good deal of practice with it and I am even better at my Mosquito since my vehicle of choice in BF4 is the jet.

That doesn't mean that they should be able to completely dominate small group based fighting just because they are in the air though. So long as that remains the case, people will just use Air for farming and never for fighting. Good luck actually killing a Liberator if you are the 1 Skyguard at a smaller sized fight. His Dalton will out-DPS you if he decides to fight, and even if he just runs you can't exactly stop him.
    • Up x 2
  3. EliteEskimo

Honestly from this post and the posts you've made in the past you have a warped concept for what air-ground balance is. A liberator shouldn't be able to hover infront of my tank for 5 seconds take,8 HEAT shells to the cockpit, then as I'm reloading go LOLOLOL and Tank buster me in the blink of an eye. A Liberator shouldn't be able to sit infront of an AP Vanguard and win the engagement. All this is doing is encouraging Liberators to Tank bust 450 resource cost MBT's, and then fly away laughing with most of their health.
  4. DQCraze

Please explain how to not become a target when 250m in the air to every ground unit. The lib is completely exposed from 360 degrees it has more recieving angles of fire and a limited angle of fire. The top and back 45 degree angles are blind spots. The air vehicle has to be able to take some damage or its useless.

Im really not sure what you guys want, all I can say is pull air to kill an air unit. The same skill level ESF pilot will kill a lib 99% of the time.
  5. EliteEskimo

You becoming hard to hit target by constantly maneuvering not hovering, that's obvious to me and I don't even fly but I do know twhen a liberator is easy to kill and when one isn't. Being on Mattherson you should have plenty of first hand experience with dealing with Liberator teams on TGWW,NNG,QRY, and N. They don't see to mind the limitations of the liberator before this ridiculous buff and were doing fine without composite armor. This armor just makes them next to impossible to fight back against and makes bad face rushing tank buster pilots a real threat now.. Some damage is different than 9 Prowler HEAT shells which is a massive amount of damage, particularly for a comparatively much faster air vehicles which is also cheaper than a MBT.

Nonsense.... Pulling air to kill air when Liberators are getting a buff for AA, and considering you don't need to pull a tank to deal with an AP tank makes this such a bad counter argument. I wonder how infantry would like being told to pull AP tanks to deal with my HEAT Prowler.:rolleyes:
  6. DQCraze

Burster max, dual bursters, extended mags, flak armor 5, try it. Get two of em and youll vaporize any air unit.
    • Up x 1
  7. DQCraze

I get hit with AP rounds once or twice a day, my biggest threat is another lib or esfs. The rest of the stuff deters me, you wont catch me hovering unless im at the wg. There are so many other counters to air, its a joke really that anyone is complaining about something that happens so infrequently. How many libs a day do you kill with tank rounds solo? Besides im not even going to use comp armor, I hate landing and repairing all the time.
  8. EliteEskimo

If you only get hit with AP rounds once or twice a day why do weneed a buff to double your resistance to them? You literally just proved my point. You don't hover thus you don't get hit. I graze plenty of moving Liberators with my Prowler, but normally it's the ones the fly right at me thinking they can TB me, or the ones farm hovering that I take down. By the way a tank has just as many if not more counters than Liberators do.
  9. DQCraze

So youll have to hit him 3 times instead of 2 big deal its probably to protect new pilots from getting vaporized. Ill bet you see little to no effect in your ability to bring down a lib as most people in a f2p game dont have 1500 certs to stick into lib armor. You're crying for no reason.
    • Up x 1
  10. EliteEskimo

No I'l have to hit him 9 times instead of 4, and a Vanguard 4 times instead of 2. Read the dam patch notes before making ignorant comments and accusing me of crying. My entire issue is with the composite armor certification line, and other liberator pilots have already agreed with me.
  11. DQCraze

Why dont you read the notes

Walker buffed
    Ranger buffed
    Lockons buffed
    Burster buffed

Who is going to spend 1000 certs for a 5% increase most will be running around with 20% if they arent running nar.
    • Up x 1
  12. EliteEskimo

I came into this thread to talk about the composite armor on Liberators in regards to their resistance to tank shells. Pulling a Walker or Ranger is a terribad idea because 1. They suck against everything else, 2. Once the air is gone you're a useless 1/2 tank 3.Flak values got buffed at lower levels along with Liberators getting buffed. As to who is going to spend that 1000 certs? The good pilots. I've already heard them saying it will be worth it to go FS, Composite armor combo.
  13. LT_Latency

I think this it the problem, Because there is 0 cover in the air, The lib needs to be able to take fire from many many people at once. This means it will win 1vs1 without question or it's useless.

I think they need some clouds or something so air vehicles can sneak attack or sort of disrupt lock ons
  14. Pikachu

There needs to be flying rocks. :D
  15. Nocturnal7x

Game needed more infantry farming mechanisms.
    • Up x 1
  16. DQCraze

So again I saw plenty of libs that lasted less then 5 min, they were getting shot down left and right, I know I killed more then 10 in an hours time. Like I said, didnt change any of my loadout. The shared XP is awesome along with the forward looking rear gun. I saw a couple libs with flak armor, they still went down with fairly easily with the tank buster. ESF pilots had a field day exactly like I knew they would, heynas are nice but my gunners still like the the heavy bomber loadout of Dalton/Bulldog.