So many Spawn Beacons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonnyMoony, Aug 19, 2018.

1. MonnyMoony

What is going on recently?

A few months back you'd get perhaps one spawn beacon per fight - sometimes none at all if there was a sundy.

Lately however there seems to be an abundance of spawn beacons.

I have just been trying to defend a base from perhaps a dozen or so attackers - and there were literally 3 or 4 spawn beacons active at any one time. I dedicated myself to taking them all out with EMP (being killed in the process) - but by the time I had respawned, there were another 3 or 4 beacons up.

What happened to the supposed cooldown - and surely everybody attacking the base can't be a squad leader. How is it possible for an attacking force to spam spawn beacons like that. I must have taken out around a dozen in the 2-3 minutes it took for the base to fall.
  2. FateJH

To save on a lot of words, while each squad leader can place only one spawn beacon per cooldown period, spawn beacon cooldown isn't per squad, it's per squad member. You can always assign a new leader.
  3. MonnyMoony

So what are they doing then, transferring the squad leadership to different members of the team as soon as one has planted a beacon?
  4. MyPS2

Now a squad has access to 4 beacons. One for each fire team hearts, clubs, spades, and diamonds.
  5. Lord_Avatar

6. LaughingDead

I still find this stupid.

Infantry didn't need logistics to attack a base prior but it was at least difficult to swap around the beacon and keep it hard to reach, but now we can just have 5 beacons all at once? The infantryside me will enjoy abusing this for mountain heavies.
  7. Pacster3

Taking out spawns does not seem to be a viable defense strat at the moment at least. Not only beacons in large numbers but due to the strategic directive you got a lot of router pads as well(since the kill achievements are much harder to do and need much more luck than dropping a pad near a fight).
  8. Pat22

More EMP grenades and a safer place to throw them from generally solves beacon issues, no matter how many there are.