So Long Helios! It's Been FUN!

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by NC_Edacyn, May 20, 2013.

1. NC_Edacyn

With the upcoming merger and GU09 this week with Connery; I wanted to send out a /salute to all the outfits of Helios of all factions.

It's been an unreal experience, lots of good times, great dynamics. I'm sure it'll all get messy for a bit, but coming from Genudyne, then Helios - it's been a fun ride so far.
    • Up x 2
  2. KILLFACE

I really gotta question the wisdom of merging so soon after launch, should of redoubled their optimization and advertising before merging again, at least tried to get some old players back on and some new players in. Would of made the game healthier in the long run I reckon. Sure an advertising campaign would of cost a bit in the short term (especially on TV and whatnot) but it woulda paid off in the long run.
    • Up x 2
  3. ROMNEYTRON

Here, here. I agree with Killface, but the decision is likely out of our hands.

I really don't look forward to TRG and EXE playing together. That'll be quite the mess.
    • Up x 1
  4. KILLFACE

Of course you do, people who disagree with me are called 'wrong'.
    • Up x 2
  5. Vohk

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure! Looks like all three factions are getting something out of this one and, if the trends hold, the populations should be quite a bit more balanced.

I am a little disappointed that we've had this much merging already but with new continents planned it does make a certain amount of sense. Helios can only lock at most one at a time with stragglers on the other two, and I think Connery is has a little less pop right now. With Hossin (sp?) and more coming we'll need the extra bodies to keep all the territory filled out.
    • Up x 2
  6. Pattyfathead1

Welcome Helios! Pattyfathead from TXR on Connery here. Look forward to doing battle on the fields of Auraxis with friend and foe alike from Helios.
  7. NC_Edacyn

I hope we keep the name Helios :p

It's going to be a bit messy, but at least I'll see my good ole familiar faces from PS1 over on Connery. I heard the NC there are a bit cranky.
  8. LibertyRevolution

Good luck to you all...

I wish they never merged jeagers with waterson...
  9. NNTK

I question why is it Helios into Connery, and not the other way. I seem to have heard that Connery has little pop, so isn't it logical we keep the name Helios? I welcome more more allies and enemies (so long as no drama occurs, though it is likely to happen).
    • Up x 1
  10. NC_Edacyn

I wondered the same.
  11. Ssidistik

Because Connery is the dev's server. Also welcome we needed this months ago.
  12. vilehydra

It should really be named Heliodinery
    Not my idea, but just hear to spread it :p
  13. Frederickson

Wanna shoutout a big welcome to all you NC lads coming from Helios! Is about time we got some reinforcements. Bloody 4th Faction all went TR after the warpgate rotation...
  14. YoXn

In lore, Connery means more then Helios. I am fine with our server being name Connery.
    However, I am not fine with the server lag. It will be far worse than it already is.
    • Up x 1
  15. JENKMAN

Honestly hope the server can hold..

Seems like the server gets full already, I better not see queues to log in
    • Up x 2
  16. Keldarris

Hey guys, I put a petition up in the PS2 main discussion area to keep the name 'Helios'. While I respect all the outfits from all three empires on Connery, 'Helios' just has a futuristic sounding name for a server. Every time I think 'Connery', I want to stop playing PS2 and watch a James Bond movie! So please, speak up on that thread!
    • Up x 1
  17. KILLFACE

The older Sean Connery and Roger Moore ones are easily the best Bond movies, the new ones are so formulaic and boring, not to mention Craig has the personality of a Wet Mop. Underground Lairs and sinister henchmen in Bowler Hats FTW!

... Also makes for the best parodies...
  18. SpongeMagnet

I hope I hope I hoooope that this is to address the issue of over population on the NC front? My NC player is the most ****** out, But lately I have mostly been playing TR to help them out a tiny bit because NC is just not as intense as playing as the team that is back to the wall. :) Also been loving the spammy chaingun! das cool ya!
  19. Hitback

FCRW will be waiting with open arms :D
  20. HMR85

Welcome to Connery. :D

[IMG]