So its confirmed dumb fire is removed from Ground to Air Launchers

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SemperFi, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Uncle_Lou

I never said it was a good business decision, only that people have no right to complain about a virtual item in a video game that's been changed a bit. You don't actually own anything - SOE retains the right to all of it. Besides, anyone that has been around video games for more than 6 months should understand that there will always be patches. Stuff changes.

Maybe instead of being able to buy weapons for SC they should have only allowed unlocks via certs. Then instead of whining about weapon changes, they'd be whining about how long it takes to unlock everything.
  2. Megawatt

I imagine it is more cost effective for them to deal with it reactively, on a case-by-case basis from those who go through SoE Support, than individual account checking and rolling refunds. While they "could" give out free certs to everyone like in Beta to recompense, I doubt that's a real option as it would defy their revenue model and cause a whole other contingent of players to complain about that.

I have found SoE Support very helpful and quick to respond regarding cert refund requests, in the one instance I asked for it.

I don't really agree with this. In the real world, if you purchase Item A that is advertised to be Item A, but it turns out to be Item B, then you have legal argument for to ask for a reparation.
  3. PCD1

yea funny how ppl whine about a change that never happened, isnt it :D
    maybe try **** out before u go ape**** on the forums.
    the idiocy here is blowing my mind..
  4. Nehlis

I didn't think the forced lock on was specifically a bad thing. I thought it was to make the launchers less of a pure upgrade and more of a specialization.
  5. PCD1

they kinda are a specialization now. they dont work aswell as before in dumbfire mode on longer distance now cos the drop off is insane and also the ttravel speed isnt that great. furthermore the dmg was always slightly lower than the real dumbfire ones. making them lock on only would have been stupid however and thats why that change didnt go through.
  6. Sian

It's fine. HA is already the most versatile class. How horrible, we now have to decide between having a versatile launcher and a guided launcher, on top of the ability to always shred infantry and blow crap up with specialized grenades and explosives.
  7. JohnnyMaverik

As long as they don't lock the AV luncher dumb fire as well I'm ok with this. AA launcher kind of makes sense to just be an AA launcher... I mean that's why I bought it, cuz I hate air and want to shoot missiles at the flashy little show off sky bunnies. Just means I have to remember to put it away again when I'm finished.

Also, I was playing earlier, and my Nemesis still dumb fired... go figure.
  8. Unmovingtarget

i bought the grounder because it was a good allround launcher it's low drop made up for its weeker damage against armor, its lockon for aircraft was secondary but as it is now the thing is useless if i wanted a mortar i would have bought one *(if they existed),i dont think i will be buying any more station cash or weapons 7 bux is a bit steep for something that could become worthless next update
  9. Drakovian

Anyone who is backing up this change is insane. An AA launcher does nothing now. It doesn't even DAMAGE aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  10. Foreman Joe

Exactly! It's bugged and completely useless. How on earth can you break something like this? Do people even check what they send to live servers??? I mean how hard is it to go look if the launcher at least does damage before sending the patch live? And why change something around it's damage values in the first place? Oh god, someone is an amateur. I assume it's the same amateur that updated TX2 Emperor pistol earlier (also had zero damage after patching).