So in Reality the MCG got a huge NERF, Thanks TR Forumside users for begging for more RoF!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by G.O.A.T, Apr 16, 2014.

1. lolB0b

The lack of an iron sight and the little dot "cross-hair" created a placebo effect that made you and many others think that this gun was actually any good, but in reality it was no more accurate than the T9 Carv and started with a fire-rate of about 200rpm if I remember correctly.

You couldn't do anything with it that the basic Carv didn't already do better!

At least now it's different. Is it better? Who knows.
  2. G.O.A.T

IDK hipfire range is good and ADS in the range between hipefire range/medium rrange, it was like the best.

I love both guns too.
  3. Ripshaft

Perhaps you people coming to this thread don't realize - people want to believe this is bad, they don't care about your reasoning, and they aren't using any of their own. You look about as silly as someone trying to console someone who just saw a sniper rifle to the game and was freaking out because it has low rof, and high damage means nothing if you cant hit anything, and other such absurdities. Just ignore them and they'll go away over time - well more accurately switch to some other irrationally held belief.
    • Up x 3
  4. G.O.A.T

No.

The MCG was way more accurate in ADS...In the range between just out of hipfire and Meduim range.

That little dot was very accurate in that range.

In close quarters it was good.

Carv is a great gun overall...It's great in close quarters....In medium range is good...in long range is ok.

Now in the ADS range...between hipfire and medium range, the MCG beat it.
  5. Riddlley

I agree, lol.

Its actually a bit of a monster in CQC at the moment. It needs more ammunition though to compensate for the 5 second reload, as it feels like that's all I've been doing.
  6. lolB0b

No it wasn't. You can look it up in the old stats.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VST2QwVk9xamtQeVRpQnVhc0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

It just felt better because the recoil was low at the starting rpm, well because the rpm were low. ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. G.O.A.T

8. Mikromancer

I agree with riddlley,the BRRT-MCG is a beast in cqc, or basically anywhere out to about 40-50 metres. I've been just melting faces with it.

cant wait to see what happens when i run into a zoe max >8)
    • Up x 1
  9. G.O.A.T

It use to own before as well, in close range.....It's just that Forumside said it sucked so a lot of people didn't try it.
  10. doombro

I'm quite liking the lack of CoF bloom. I'm willing to trade some of that accuracy, though, I think they nerfed it a little too hard. It could stand to be a bit tighter.

However, one thing has me feeling betrayed and upset.

[IMG]

• Up x 2
  11. JP_Russell

I would like to support the OP's sentiments, they should change it back...

...so that I don't have to be afraid of running into BRRT MCG'ers.
  12. Poppington

I don't understand giving us options on how to use a gun (that is mostly inferior to the default LMG) is a bad thing.

You either have a huge damage-per-mag for room clearing or high dps for picking off targets quickly, especially with the faster wind-up. Why you would use laser sight is beyond me. You should always ADS with this thing. And the initial CoF nerf is justified. If you want mid-range, why are you using the MCG? It was never good at it to begin with.

I'm not a big fan of the gun, but I only see good things with this tweak. Options are good - especially as a TR HA, whose guns are grossly similar to begin with.
  13. HadesR

Considering the weapon type the CoF was to tight in ADS to start with IMO.

Personally I would have by default given it higher RoF and a larger mag / ammo pool but removed laser sight and it's ability to be used in ADS mode ..

It should be the ultimate spray and pray suppression weapon ..
  14. Forkyar24

what are you talking about ? tr damages isn't even close to vs and nc weapons its at least 40 points short and in some cases 100 points short, but you are not really a tr player so I take your words with a grain of sand.
  15. LibertyRevolution

I am so glad I spent the last 3 days with the MCG doing an auraxium run on it.
    The gun was dot accurate at 50-70m before this nerf, it is now useless at all ranges greater than 30m...

The new ADS COF is where the old one was after shooting 100 rounds!!
    Using this gun at > 50m now is useless, you will empty half the mag before you can kill someone...
  16. Dill Bagner

For how "ruined" the MCG is, I sure have seen a lot of TR doing quite well with it today.
    • Up x 1
  17. DrPapaPenguin

Eh, trolling snipers was a great fun, but I bought MCG for cqc, and cqc it delivered. And now, it's even better in that respect. Will I miss making a trollface at a sniper who got face full of lead from me at 200 metres? Sure. Would I ask for changes to be reverted? Hell no. This thing is a beast now.
    • Up x 2
  18. Reaver027

To be honest the only bad thing about the new MCG is that we have to sacrifice the extended mag for the new attachment. It is great with the new attachment. Did not expect that.
    • Up x 1
  19. MajiinBuu

What about the lasher? Bigger frills would've looked pretty cool
  20. BobSanders123

I'll miss my 200 round max buster....... If only the default mag was 200
    • Up x 2